Should I sign up for my memo to be graded early or late?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Theworm788

Should I sign up for my memo to be graded early or late?

Postby Theworm788 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:08 pm

We're supposed to sign up for conferences next Monday. I can pick an early time or a late time...I wonder which will be better for me. I'm thinking late might, because I bet worse students tend to delay in signing up / pick the later slots, so then my paper will look better by comparison. But then again, early might be better because my arguments will seem novel to her. But she might have more difficulty spotting them if she hasn't seen them in the last 20 papers...

SO CONFUST

FryBreadPower

Re: Should I sign up for my memo to be graded early or late?

Postby FryBreadPower » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:17 pm

Theworm788 wrote:We're supposed to sign up for conferences next Monday. I can pick an early time or a late time...I wonder which will be better for me. I'm thinking late might, because I bet worse students tend to delay in signing up / pick the later slots, so then my paper will look better by comparison. But then again, early might be better because my arguments will seem novel to her. But she might have more difficulty spotting them if she hasn't seen them in the last 20 papers...

SO CONFUST

Except possibly relative to the better papers that came before... Grader's memory can't be all that short.

ph14

Postby ph14 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Theworm788 wrote:We're supposed to sign up for conferences next Monday. I can pick an early time or a late time...I wonder which will be better for me. I'm thinking late might, because I bet worse students tend to delay in signing up / pick the later slots, so then my paper will look better by comparison. But then again, early might be better because my arguments will seem novel to her. But she might have more difficulty spotting them if she hasn't seen them in the last 20 papers...

SO CONFUST

I don't think your arguments should be "novel," since this is a memo.

Ignatius J. Reilly

Postby Ignatius J. Reilly » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Law students are way too neurotic. Just pick whenever is most convenient for you. It's not going to affect your grade at all.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”