Can a teacher change my first semester grade now?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Theworm788

New

Can a teacher change my first semester grade now?

Postby Theworm788 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:25 pm

If I ask my teacher to review my exams with me (so that I can learn what I did well and what I need to work on), is there a chance that my teacher will notice a clerical error and adjust my grade down? Has anyone ever heard of this happening? I go to BLS, if that matters.

BeachandRun23

Bronze

Re: Can a teacher change my first semester grade now?

Postby BeachandRun23 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Theworm788 wrote:If I ask my teacher to review my exams with me (so that I can learn what I did well and what I need to work on), is there a chance that my teacher will notice a clerical error and adjust my grade down? Has anyone ever heard of this happening? I go to BLS, if that matters.

I mean there's always a chance, but the professor cannot re-grade. It would have to be a mathematical error (ie..adding two numbers). Even if there were an error, most professors probably wouldnt be cruel enough to change it and reduce your grade.

shepdawg

Bronze

Postby shepdawg » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:42 pm

Usually not unless there was some mathematical error. Allowing regrading would sway the curve towards rewarding good looking students with loose morals.

shock259

Gold

Postby shock259 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Also pretty sure it is final for two reasons:

1) changing it now would mess up the curve
2) changing one student's grade would thwart the anonymous grading system

tstyler98

Bronze

Postby tstyler98 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:49 pm

I doubt they would go down, but I did have one professor that bumped me up when I found that he didn't give me credit for something that was in my exam. I just had to fill out a form and he signed it, and I turned it in to the registrar's office. There wasn't any discussion about it messing up the curve.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students�