How do you retain all or most of what you read?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
redgreenpaper

How do you retain all or most of what you read?

Postby redgreenpaper » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:32 pm

After I read a long ass reading some of the imformation seems to slip from my mind when I'm asked on it later. I remember the most important facts because I highlight/underline them but some semi-important info disappears from my mind. Reading slower has helped somewhat but slows down my reading to like 20 pages in 1.5-2 hours. Any advice?

ph14

Re: How do you retain all or most of what you read?

Postby ph14 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:48 pm

redgreenpaper wrote:After I read a long ass reading some of the imformation seems to slip from my mind when I'm asked on it later. I remember the most important facts because I highlight/underline them but some semi-important info disappears from my mind. Reading slower has helped somewhat but slows down my reading to like 20 pages in 1.5-2 hours. Any advice?

You don't. Are you in your second semester? You don't really need to know all the little details of every reading to do well on a law school exam, and getting called on in class doesn't really matter.

redgreenpaper

Postby redgreenpaper » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:50 pm

yeah im going to get a ton of shit for this but im in undergrad. im just asking in general

ph14

Postby ph14 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:51 pm

redgreenpaper wrote:yeah im going to get a ton of shit for this but im in undergrad. im just asking in general

Ah I see. Try taking very brief notes. Like 2-5 bullet points of the main points or themes for a paper or something.

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:54 pm

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”