Constitutional Law 1 Help

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Ineedhelpplease

Constitutional Law 1 Help

Postby Ineedhelpplease » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:24 am

I just purchased Erwin Chemerinsky's Principles and Policies (have not read), I am using Sullivan Constitutional 17th ed for my casebook.

My question is I seem to have a professor who jumps topics and rambles. I would love to do well in this class; does anybody have any advice as to how they used Chermerinsky's book and Sullivan.

And I have read previous posts but I have not found an answer.

tstyler98

Re: Constitutional Law 1 Help

Postby tstyler98 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Ineedhelpplease wrote:I just purchased Erwin Chemerinsky's Principles and Policies (have not read), I am using Sullivan Constitutional 17th ed for my casebook.

My question is I seem to have a professor who jumps topics and rambles. I would love to do well in this class; does anybody have any advice as to how they used Chermerinsky's book and Sullivan.

And I have read previous posts but I have not found an answer.

I didn't use the Sullivan book, but I just looked up the cases in the index and read the material around the case that dealt with the topic.

morris248

Postby morris248 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:52 pm

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:14 pm

I heard a funny story about an 1L from 2 years ago who put-off studying for con law until a few weeks before the final because he thought the HBO John Adams special would be sufficient. You'd think that he'd know Adams wasn't around for it after sitting in class for a whole semester. He still got a B+.

So I'm not motivated to read for this class...

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:09 pm

3|ink wrote:I heard a funny story about an 1L from 2 years ago who put-off studying for con law until a few weeks before the final because he thought the HBO John Adams special would be sufficient. You'd think that he'd know Adams wasn't around for it after sitting in class for a whole semester. He still got a B+.

So I'm not motivated to read for this class...

Hahaha, I'll say it's the densest most annoying reading I've so far besides a few CivPro cases. The frustrating part is we have about 40 pages to read for each class.

I'm finding that the Cherminsky book is good for getting a really in-depth explanation but the E&E gives pretty decent succinct account of the material.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”