Software for recording lectures

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
waxecstatic

Software for recording lectures

Postby waxecstatic » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:50 pm

Any of y'all know of some good software for recording class lectures? I have a Windows 7 PC, and I prefer taking notes on Word 2003. Not a big fan of the later versions of Word. Thanks!

BEAST_mode

Re: Software for recording lectures

Postby BEAST_mode » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:05 pm

I can't advise you on software, but I can advise you to discuss this with your professors prior to actually recording. Recording lectures probably isn't half as good of an idea as you think it is. See:

waxecstatic

Postby waxecstatic » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:26 pm

BEAST_mode wrote:I can't advise you on software, but I can advise you to discuss this with your professors prior to actually recording. Recording lectures probably isn't half as good of an idea as you think it is. See:

I appreciate your concern but half the people in my class have something going on. Doesn't make it right, but I'm not sure how much the administration actually cracks down on this.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:03 pm

waxecstatic wrote:
BEAST_mode wrote:I can't advise you on software, but I can advise you to discuss this with your professors prior to actually recording. Recording lectures probably isn't half as good of an idea as you think it is. See:

I appreciate your concern but half the people in my class have something going on. Doesn't make it right, but I'm not sure how much the administration actually cracks down on this.

Potential danger aside and all, isn't it easier just to take notes?

TTH

Postby TTH » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Why the hell would you want to listen to a law school lecture twice?

shock259

Postby shock259 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:28 pm

And when are you going to have time to do that...?

waxecstatic

Postby waxecstatic » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:58 pm

After a few days, I've realized that it is a pretty pointless venture. Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”