My GPA is 4.1 (t1). What should I do when people ask?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
fundamentallybroken

Re: My GPA is 4.1 (t1). What should I do when people ask?

Postby fundamentallybroken » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:46 pm

This is, admittedly, a pretty awesome troll.

You have a lot of prominent posters posting here, telling you you're a douche!
Last edited by fundamentallybroken on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dany

Postby Dany » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:47 pm

romothesavior wrote:
MrKappus wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I hate law students so goddamn much.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:47 pm

Repeat after me:

"Better than you did, lol"

Make sure not to laugh, but actual say lol

dj_spin

Postby dj_spin » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Haha. I am getting such a huge kick out of this kid. Keep bragging! You are the biggest fish in your pond. Own it girl!

But unless you go to a T14, you won't get as good a job as a kid with a 3.3 at CLS.

Reality. Hurts.

johansantana21

Postby johansantana21 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:49 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:Repeat after me:

Thanks for the lol

johansantana21

Postby johansantana21 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:51 pm

dj_spin wrote:Haha. I am getting such a huge kick out of this kid. Keep bragging! You are the biggest fish in your pond. Own it girl!

But unless you go to a T14, you won't get as good a job as a kid with a 3.3 at CLS.

Reality. Hurts.

Let me guess you go to CLS

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:51 pm

"I was born and bred for success and achievement"

shock259

Postby shock259 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Desert Fox wrote:It seems like you want to brag. So fucking brag to people who ask.

This.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Have you considered sending an email announcing your GPA on the law school listserv? Immediately follow it up with another email saying "lawl sorry guys, meant to send that to Wachtell."

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:53 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:Repeat after me:

This was a solid post.

Xifeng

Postby Xifeng » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Have you considered sending an email announcing your GPA on the law school listserv? Immediately follow it up with another email saying "lawl sorry guys, meant to send that to Wachtell."

But bils, how do I do this if I don't know how listservs work? :(

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Xifeng wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Have you considered sending an email announcing your GPA on the law school listserv? Immediately follow it up with another email saying "lawl sorry guys, meant to send that to Wachtell."

Spoken like someone without a 4.1 which, as you may have heard, is the GPA of TLS user OnePostWonder.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Xifeng wrote:

I know of a law school dropout who could probably tell you.

OnePostWonder

Postby OnePostWonder » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:56 pm

Does this forum have no mods to ban trolls like you? Here I am pouring my heart and soul out, desperately seeking advice, and you know what you guys do? You make it out to be a big joke. Shame on you.

That said, I agree with snehpets (she edited for some reason). It would seem pretty shifty for me to tell people "pretty well" and have them find out that I did so well. Maybe I'll just start telling people I'm at the top of the class (I'll consider those 5 or so people who have already asked dead to me). But that seems over-the-top already, and begs for clarification more than a simple refusal to answer.

Yeah, I definitely still need help.

snehpets

Postby snehpets » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:57 pm

OnePostWonder wrote:Does this forum have no mods to ban trolls like you? Here I am pouring my heart and soul out, desperately seeking advice, and you know what you guys do? You make it out to be a big joke. Shame on you.

That said, I agree with snehpets (she edited for some reason). It would seem pretty shifty for me to tell people "pretty well" and have them find out that I did so well. Maybe I'll just start telling people I did very well (I'll consider those 5 or so people who have already asked dead to me)? But that seems over-the-top already, and begs for clarification more than a simple refusal to answer.

Accidentally posted in this thread without being a law school student (it showed up on the front page and I couldn't resist/didn't think about what forum it was in), so don't take my advice :)

Also, pretty sure you're a troll, so lol.
Last edited by snehpets on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:58 pm

OnePostWonder wrote:Does this forum have no mods to ban trolls like you? Here I am pouring my heart and soul out, desperately seeking advice, and you know what you guys do? You make it out to be a big joke. Shame on you.

You had a good run, but you showed your cards too early.

OnePostWonder

Postby OnePostWonder » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:58 pm

snehpets wrote:

That said, I agree with snehpets (she edited for some reason). It would seem pretty shifty for me to tell people "pretty well" and have them find out that I did so well. Maybe I'll just start telling people I did very well (I'll consider those 5 or so people who have already asked dead to me)? But that seems over-the-top already, and begs for clarification more than a simple refusal to answer.

Accidentally posted in this thread without being a law school student (it showed up on the front page and I couldn't resist), so don't take my advice :)

But...if I don't take your advice to not take your advice I'd be taking your advice.

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:59 pm

This will be your undoing - too over the top.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:00 pm

That said, I agree with snehpets (she edited for some reason). It would seem pretty shifty for me to tell people "pretty well" and have them find out that I did so well. Maybe I'll just start telling people I'm at the top of the class (I'll consider those 5 or so people who have already asked dead to me). But that seems over-the-top already, and begs for clarification more than a simple refusal to answer.

Now you jut seem like a troll. Was pretty funny, but you overplayed your hand when you acted so unbelievably retarded that a masturbating howler monkey on a drug-addled Jersey Shore binge could probably handle social situations better than you.

NeighborGuy

Postby NeighborGuy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:02 pm

Have T-shirts made with your name, picture and GPA. Make sure they are top-quality, not those crappy ones that BarBri makes up. Then set up a table and hand them out to everyone with a big jackass grin on your face. For bonus points, get the exact measurements of everyone in your class and have all the t-shirts made-to-measure.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Do you have to call everyone in your section and tell them when you get laid? No, because a little discretion is necessary sometimes.

If you don't have any discretion, then I suggest telling everyone in your section about your sexual history when you update them on your grades. Otherwise, they'll must be thinking you're a slut or a prude.

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
It seems like you want to brag. So fucking brag to people who ask.

OnePostWonder

Postby OnePostWonder » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:12 pm

cinephile wrote:Do you have to call everyone in your section and tell them when you get laid? No, because a little discretion is necessary sometimes.

If you don't have any discretion, then I suggest telling everyone in your section about your sexual history when you update them on your grades. Otherwise, they'll must be thinking you're a slut or a prude.

Let me fix that for you. A proper analogy would be that when people ask me how often I get laid, I should answer "I don't talk about my sexual history." Then everyone would think I'm a virgin, and no me gusta/no es bueno. That's why I feel the need to tell people how I did do re: my GPA (in a roundabout way so not as to get their jealousy all over me).

Perfect analogy, check and mate.

johansantana21

Postby johansantana21 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:15 pm

But on topic, am I just socially awkward because no one ever asks me my grades.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:17 pm

OnePostWonder wrote:
cinephile wrote:Do you have to call everyone in your section and tell them when you get laid? No, because a little discretion is necessary sometimes.

Let me fix that for you. A proper analogy would be that when people ask me how often I get laid, I should answer "I don't talk about my sexual history." Then everyone would think I'm a virgin, and no me gusta/no es bueno. That's why I feel the need to tell people how I did do re: my GPA (in a roundabout way so not as to get their jealousy all over me).

Perfect analogy, check and mate.

It's official, you have assburgers.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”