Property supplement: Understanding property, Acing Property.

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
RR320

Property supplement: Understanding property, Acing Property.

Postby RR320 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:52 pm

Our class is using the Property 7th edition book by Dukeminier. I want to buy only one supplement for the course. I already signed up for Bar Bri so I have the outlines & lectures. My professor specifically said that we should not buy a Gilbert's outline as we should create our own, which I planned on doing anyway. But was wondering what people found most helpful the Glannon guide, understanding property, acing property, or any other suggestions...

NoleinNY

Re: Property supplement: Understanding property, Acing Property.

Postby NoleinNY » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:03 pm

RR320 wrote:Our class is using the Property 7th edition book by Dukeminier. I want to buy only one supplement for the course. I already signed up for Bar Bri so I have the outlines & lectures. My professor specifically said that we should not buy a Gilbert's outline as we should create our own, which I planned on doing anyway. But was wondering what people found most helpful the Glannon guide, understanding property, acing property, or any other suggestions...

I used Dukeminer for property and Emmanuel's is better than Glannon when paired with that casebook. I only used Gilbert to fill in my outline (or if I had trouble figuring out what I was supposed to get out of case in the book.) I only knew one section that had a professor/casebook combo that found Glannon helpful.

The "Acing" series, IMO, sucks for everything but Civ Pro.

Fun side note: My property professor had Dukeminier back when he was in UCLA and went out of his way to interview many of the parties from the cases (or their families, if no longer alive). Occasionally, he'd recall the interviews and would do impressions of the parties.

morris248

Postby morris248 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:08 am

For Property supplements you need the Examples & Explanations and Estates in Land & Future Interests: A Step by Step Guide 3e.
Understanding Property is also very good but if you are going to limit yourself get those two and if you have a particular problem get the Understanding Property from the library. For exam prep get Siegel's Property: Essay and Multiple-Choice Questions and Answers.

Siegel's Property: Essay and Multiple-Choice Questions and Answers

swilson215

Postby swilson215 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:48 am

I used Acing Property in conjunction with the Emmanuel's and I did fairly well with that. I really liked Acing Property.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:34 pm

NoleinNY wrote:
RR320 wrote:Our class is using the Property 7th edition book by Dukeminier. I want to buy only one supplement for the course. I already signed up for Bar Bri so I have the outlines & lectures. My professor specifically said that we should not buy a Gilbert's outline as we should create our own, which I planned on doing anyway. But was wondering what people found most helpful the Glannon guide, understanding property, acing property, or any other suggestions...

I used Dukeminer for property and Emmanuel's is better than Glannon when paired with that casebook. I only used Gilbert to fill in my outline (or if I had trouble figuring out what I was supposed to get out of case in the book.) I only knew one section that had a professor/casebook combo that found Glannon helpful.

The "Acing" series, IMO, sucks for everything but Civ Pro.

Fun side note: My property professor had Dukeminier back when he was in UCLA and went out of his way to interview many of the parties from the cases (or their families, if no longer alive). Occasionally, he'd recall the interviews and would do impressions of the parties.

I found the Contracts one excellent, and credit my success in the class to it.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”