John Yoo trololed. Berkeley students cry.

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
strangelove

John Yoo trololed. Berkeley students cry.

Postby strangelove » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Antilles Haven

Re: John Yoo trololed. Berkeley students cry.

Postby Antilles Haven » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:16 am

That was really weird and idiotic, that guy made an ass of himself, and the painfully inappropriate laugh track made it even worse.

RelativeEase

Postby RelativeEase » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:44 am

Do you guys know how to post videos to facebook?

nStiver

Postby nStiver » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:56 am

Ass hat.

joan_mgl

Postby joan_mgl » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:38 am

Last edited by joan_mgl on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tanicius

Postby Tanicius » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:02 am

There was a demonstration just the other day, some people standing in the hallway in orange jumpsuits with chains on their arms and feet and hoods over their faces. They had permission from the school to be there as far as I could tell.

Yoo's certainly a touchy subject. I heard his classrooms change each day so this exact thing can no longer happen.

TTH

Postby TTH » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:34 am

I fully support this. Anything that breaks up the soul crushing tedium of law school is a worthwhile activity.

OnePostWonder

Postby OnePostWonder » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:50 am

Being "against" torture is pretty ridiculous. Unless you're a slippery-slope kind of guy, you can't seriously argue that waterboarding known terrorists to save innocent lives is a bad idea. Everything in moderation, friends.

It was kind of funny how he turned around and the guy was just standing there, though, lmao. Would have been better if he was just silent, I think.

TTH

Postby TTH » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:55 am

OnePostWonder wrote:Being "against" torture is pretty ridiculous. Unless you're a slippery-slope kind of guy, you can't seriously argue that waterboarding known terrorists to save innocent lives is a bad idea. Everything in moderation, friends.

BUT WHERE DOES IT END?

Tanicius

Postby Tanicius » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:28 pm

OnePostWonder wrote:Being "against" torture is pretty ridiculous. Unless you're a slippery-slope kind of guy, you can't seriously argue that waterboarding known terrorists to save innocent lives is a bad idea. Everything in moderation, friends.

Thanks. This was almost as good as when my friend trolled FB into believing he was a neo-Confederate.

Antilles Haven

Postby Antilles Haven » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Tanicius wrote:

Thanks. This was almost as good as when my friend trolled FB into believing he was a neo-Confederate.

Yeah... sorry about that.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”