Making friends with D-bag law students

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
LSATNightmares

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby LSATNightmares » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:42 am

I'm also one of those married people. I'll usually talk in between classes or if I run into someone. But I never go to bar review. It just doesn't interest me, though I do want to meet people. I just feel less dependent on it, as I have my husband back at home and it's our first year of marriage which I want to go well. If I were you, I would try somehow just to invite people to lunch one day. Find whatever excuse you may have for talking to the married people or whomever. But yeah, generally speaking, I find social life in law school to be unsatisfactory. It's seems to be so focused on law school and studying. I definitely miss making deeper friendships, and likely others feel that way this semester, too.

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:02 am

Another married person here. It might be worth getting to know a few of them. You may fit in better with them. While I've met many cool people, it's tough to try to connect because most people in LS are at a very different stage in their lives. It sounds like you're at a different point too.

FWIW, I've never had a tupperware party, dinner party, or seen an episode of Grey's Anatomy. More sports, beer, and video games. Married life is remarkably similar to single life, except you're not alone and there's less sleeping around.

STLMizzou

Postby STLMizzou » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:37 am

bostonlawchick wrote:Another married person here. It might be worth getting to know a few of them. You may fit in better with them. While I've met many cool people, it's tough to try to connect because most people in LS are at a very different stage in their lives. It sounds like you're at a different point too.

FWIW, I've never had a tupperware party, dinner party, or seen an episode of Grey's Anatomy. More sports, beer, and video games. Married life is remarkably similar to single life, except you're not alone and there's less sleeping around.

That sounds horrible.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:10 am

STLMizzou wrote:
bostonlawchick wrote:Another married person here. It might be worth getting to know a few of them. You may fit in better with them. While I've met many cool people, it's tough to try to connect because most people in LS are at a very different stage in their lives. It sounds like you're at a different point too.

That sounds horrible.

hahaha LESS, but not ZERO. lol jk bostonlawchick, obv a slip. :P

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:15 pm

LSATNightmares wrote:I'm also one of those married people. I'll usually talk in between classes or if I run into someone. But I never go to bar review. It just doesn't interest me, though I do want to meet people. I just feel less dependent on it, as I have my husband back at home and it's our first year of marriage which I want to go well. If I were you, I would try somehow just to invite people to lunch one day. Find whatever excuse you may have for talking to the married people or whomever. But yeah, generally speaking, I find social life in law school to be unsatisfactory. It's seems to be so focused on law school and studying. I definitely miss making deeper friendships, and likely others feel that way this semester, too.

Yeah, to try catch one of them for lunch. Coffee is another good opportunity. Most of us drink coffee! Married people do want friends; we just can't stay out meeting people at bar review while our spouse goes to sleep alone. :P So yeah, ambush them on campus during breaks or after class. Don't be afraid to employ stalking and strategery. There is no shame in the game of making good friends in law school.

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:31 pm

this sounds horrible

LawMan20

Postby LawMan20 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:42 pm

kalvano wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:
sundance95 wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:Irregardless 8)

...? :?

It's not a word and you sound like a moron when you say it / write it.

Lol okay. At least I'm not the cunt who is correcting people's grammar on the internet. 8000+ posts. Good job, douche

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:25 pm

LawMan20 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:...? :?

Lol okay. At least I'm not the cunt who is correcting people's grammar on the internet. 8000+ posts. Good job, douche
Insulting someone's post count is the least effective comeback ever. Just FYI

Postby 20130312 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:27 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:
kalvano wrote:

Yeah, but you have over 3,000. Nerd.

LawMan20

Postby LawMan20 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:35 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:
kalvano wrote:

Why is that? I'd reckon that having 8,000+ posts is quite indicative of douche-baggery. And you probably only say that because of your 3,000+, which is also indicative of douche-baggery.

Always Credited

Postby Always Credited » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:37 pm

This thread has become an example of itself.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:37 pm

LawMan20 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:Lol okay. At least I'm not the cunt who is correcting people's grammar on the internet. 8000+ posts. Good job, douche

Why is that? I'd reckon that having 8,000+ posts is quite indicative of douche-baggery. And you probably only say that because of your 3,000+, which is also indicative of douche-baggery.
It's the internet rhetoric equivalent of "I know you are but what am I?" It means you have nothing substantial on which to base any further arguments and that you have lost.

Postby 20130312 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:38 pm

LawMan20 wrote:Why is that? I'd reckon that having 8,000+ posts is quite indicative of douche-baggery. And you probably only say that because of your 3,000+, which is also indicative of douche-baggery.

Ha, called it.

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:41 pm

LawMan20 wrote:

I only have a couple hundred posts so you can trust me - you are an idiot

LawMan20

Postby LawMan20 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:

I only have a couple hundred posts so you can trust me - you are an idiot

Couple hundred = douche-baggery. So, no, I don't think I can.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:49 pm

LawMan20 wrote:

You asked a question, I answered it. It's not my fault the answer was that you're a moron.

And don't you shortchange me. 8515 and counting.

LawMan20

Postby LawMan20 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:51 pm

kalvano wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:

You asked a question, I answered it. It's not my fault the answer was that you're a moron.

A moron with a 4.0 in law school? Quite the anomaly. What does that make you?

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:52 pm

NomNom wrote:I'm replying to this thread just so it will show up in my "view your posts" list. Great stuff.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:53 pm

LawMan20 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:

Not a moron, since I know not to use made-up words.

LawMan20

Postby LawMan20 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:54 pm

kalvano wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:

Whatever.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:55 pm

LawMan20

Postby LawMan20 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:59 pm

kalvano wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:

Actually, you're right; it doesn't make you a moron. It makes you a jerk.

ihhwap1

Postby ihhwap1 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Last edited by ihhwap1 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johansantana21

Postby johansantana21 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:02 pm

LawMan20 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:

Only a 4.0? Quite the moron indeed.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:04 pm

In before lawman gets rolled for using the Seaword.

Irregardlessly, OP I see you like Final Fantasy X-2. That's the only friend I would need. Good luck though I'm sure it's more than a little frustrating. Not everywhere would someone use a made up word and then defend it tooth and nail rather than admit a mistake.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”