Making friends with D-bag law students

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4854
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Borhas » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:43 pm

TommyK wrote:
Always Credited wrote:What school is this? If you're at my school (possible because our 1Ls are turrible) we can be buds, you're hilarious


Looks like University of South Carolina.


If true, I retract my previous comment

User avatar
NeighborGuy
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:51 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby NeighborGuy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:01 pm

Smile and nod and stay out of the line of fire. Not taking sides was a good move. Try and humor them though, just so they feel better.

I suggest finding some married couples and get together to eat wine and cheese and watch Grey's Anatomy. :roll:

BLS2013
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby BLS2013 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:17 pm

This sounds like a case of a petty, annoying person projecting. Can you even imagine a self-assured, emotionally-balanced person posting what the original poster did? I can't.

This isn't high school; grow up.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby JusticeHarlan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:20 pm

NYC Law wrote:
Rikkugrrl wrote:Just got an email from one of the gunners sent to our entire section because BEING LATE TO CLASS IS DISRESPECTFUL


lol'd

I'm hoping this email shows up on Above the Law.

User avatar
johansantana21
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby johansantana21 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:28 pm

BLS2013 wrote:This sounds like a case of a petty, annoying person projecting. Can you even imagine a self-assured, emotionally-balanced person posting what the original poster did? I can't.

This isn't high school; grow up.


Actually it is.

User avatar
dood
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby dood » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:31 pm

u sound like a real winner

User avatar
Liquox
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Liquox » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:36 pm

hang in there. there will always be d-bags. there will always be law schools. there will always be d-bags at law schools.

User avatar
jkpolk
Posts: 895
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:44 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby jkpolk » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Liquox wrote:there will always be law schools.


not if MTal has anything to say about it

User avatar
superhands
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:12 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby superhands » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:22 pm

I too don't really socialize with my fellow 1Ls either. Not because I'm married, or think that they are a bunch of douche bags. In fact, they are quite a nice bunch. I just fear that if I ask someone to hang out they will say no.

User avatar
IrwinM.Fletcher
Posts: 1195
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby IrwinM.Fletcher » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:26 pm

superhands wrote:I too don't really socialize


Probably could have guessed that from your name.

User avatar
dood
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby dood » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:26 pm

superhands wrote:I too don't really socialize with my fellow 1Ls either. Not because I'm married, or think that they are a bunch of douche bags. In fact, they are quite a nice bunch. I just fear that if I ask someone to hang out they will say no.


hahahaha i like u

User avatar
Ernert
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:35 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Ernert » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:31 pm

IrwinM.Fletcher wrote:
superhands wrote:I too don't really socialize


Probably could have guessed that from your name.


actually laughed out at that one

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby beachbum » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:33 pm

Mce252 wrote:This is the best thread I've read in a while.

User avatar
NomNom
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:33 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby NomNom » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:34 pm

I'm replying to this thread just so it will show up in my "view your posts" list. Great stuff.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Tom Joad » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:48 pm

NeighborGuy wrote:Smile and nod and stay out of the line of fire. Not taking sides was a good move. Try and humor them though, just so they feel better.

I suggest finding some married couples and get together to eat wine and cheese and watch Grey's Anatomy. :roll:

Remind me to stay single forever.

LawMan20
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby LawMan20 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:53 pm

Irregardless of whether your classmates are truly douches, you're probably more of a douche for making this thread. 8)

User avatar
sundance95
Posts: 2123
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby sundance95 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:57 pm

LawMan20 wrote:Irregardless 8)

LawMan20
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby LawMan20 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:59 pm

sundance95 wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:Irregardless 8)

...? :?

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11722
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby kalvano » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:03 pm

LawMan20 wrote:
sundance95 wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:Irregardless 8)

...? :?


It's not a word and you sound like a moron when you say it / write it.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:03 pm

LawMan20 wrote:
sundance95 wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:Irregardless 8)

...? :?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11722
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby kalvano » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:08 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:
sundance95 wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:Irregardless 8)

...? :?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless



http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... regardless

A word used by uneducated people intending to sound intelligent. Often, the defendant will use this word in court in an attempt to impress the judge and jury. Educated people notice and those who use this word instantly identify themselves to educated people as being uneducated. Educated people rarely correct them because it helps educated people more easily identify them if they are well-groomed.

User avatar
deebs
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby deebs » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:09 pm

Find the people who like to drink beer and used to play counter-strike/starcraft/N64. Ask said people if they'd like to drink beer and play some smash bro's. Then you've got smashed bro's, playing smash bro's, and that equals a good time.

If you're a girl, IDK, in your situation I'd try to hang out with the married girls which entails dinner parties I'd imagine.
Last edited by deebs on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby eandy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:10 pm

I legitimately love my class. We all get along really, really well. I feel pretty lucky.

User avatar
superhands
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:12 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby superhands » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:15 pm

A word used by uneducated people intending to sound intelligent. Often, the defendant will use this word in court in an attempt to impress the judge and jury. Educated people notice and those who use this word instantly identify themselves to educated people as being uneducated. Educated people rarely correct them because it helps educated people more easily identify them if they are well-groomed.
[/quote]

For all intensive purposes, you knew what he meant by irregardless.

nsbane
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:35 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby nsbane » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:16 pm

LawMan20 wrote:
sundance95 wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:Irregardless 8)

...? :?


the 'ir' and the 'less' are redundant. just drop the 'less' next time.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests