Making friends with D-bag law students

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
nsbane
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:35 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby nsbane » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:45 pm

NYC Law wrote:Goddammit scooped. Well anyway, I made a chart to prove that it is all hetero sex

Image


E is missing a cat and a microwave dinner.

zanzbar
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby zanzbar » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:47 pm

I'm using a tablet and the browser is really weird about multiple quotes, but for the most part I don't really care its a message board not a research paper.

User avatar
Rikkugrrl
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Rikkugrrl » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Haven't looked at this thread since Friday, but...

Always Credited wrote:This thread has become an example of itself.


Yes.

User avatar
NomNom
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:33 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby NomNom » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Rikkugrrl wrote:Haven't looked at this thread since Friday, but...

Always Credited wrote:This thread has become an example of itself.


Yes.

geminivegitarian
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:41 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby geminivegitarian » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:32 am

NotMyRealName09 wrote:Posts like this reaffirm my love of introversion. If you don't like people, not being friends with them doesn't bother you.


amen to this.


I just saw this thread for the first time and as I read OP's thoughts, I honestly felt as though I wrote them. This is exactly how I felt during 1L. I luckily had my boyfriend of 5 years and a supportive family that I could bitch to about the students in my section. I HATED EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN MY SECTION. I never thought I could harbor so much dislike for a group of aloof, superiority-complex driven, neurotic, backstabbing assclowns.

User avatar
Lawquacious
Posts: 2037
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Lawquacious » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:52 am

Edit: nevermind, this thread was a dinosaur and OP was only a semester in when she wrote this... Carry on.

Bgibbs
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:07 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Bgibbs » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:20 am

Thank you guys for reviving this thread. It was really entertaining to read through...and also a little scary.

ap1987
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby ap1987 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:38 pm

I hated 1L primarily for this reason. I'm hoping 2L will give me the opportunity to meet some new people.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby noleknight16 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:23 am

My plan for 1L is just focusing on myself and not getting into the drama. Not really looking for too many friends since I am only 2 hours from home and know plenty of people already.

NYC2014
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:48 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby NYC2014 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:50 pm

People who think most people are douchebags are almost certainly douchebags themselves.

The same way as when you see, "NO drama!!!!1!" on a dating website profile and you know that bitch is stuck with a high school mentality, I could read the first post and know (really, truly know, deep in my soul) that the OP is a cunt herself.

User avatar
Scotusnerd
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Scotusnerd » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:42 pm

NYC2014 wrote:People who think most people are douchebags are almost certainly douchebags themselves.

The same way as when you see, "NO drama!!!!1!" on a dating website profile and you know that bitch is stuck with a high school mentality, I could read the first post and know (really, truly know, deep in my soul) that the OP is a cunt herself.


Nice to see that the fine old tradition of necroing a thread just to call someone an asshole is being carried on. :roll:

NYC2014
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:48 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby NYC2014 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Scotusnerd wrote:
NYC2014 wrote:People who think most people are douchebags are almost certainly douchebags themselves.

The same way as when you see, "NO drama!!!!1!" on a dating website profile and you know that bitch is stuck with a high school mentality, I could read the first post and know (really, truly know, deep in my soul) that the OP is a cunt herself.


Nice to see that the fine old tradition of necroing a thread just to call someone an asshole is being carried on. :roll:


Thread had already been necro'd, hoebag.

User avatar
I.P. Daly
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby I.P. Daly » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:21 pm

There was some excellent drama in my 1L section. Definitely worth keeping up with it.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby 09042014 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:39 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
eandy wrote:I legitimately love my class. We all get along really, really well. I feel pretty lucky.


(attractive chick who thinks everyone likes her for her personality)


Nope.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Tom Joad » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
eandy wrote:I legitimately love my class. We all get along really, really well. I feel pretty lucky.


(attractive chick who thinks everyone likes her for her personality)


Nope.

lol

thesteelers
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 6:06 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby thesteelers » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:10 am

Tom Joad wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
eandy wrote:I legitimately love my class. We all get along really, really well. I feel pretty lucky.


(attractive chick who thinks everyone likes her for her personality)


Nope.

lol



ahahaha

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby eandy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:10 pm

thesteelers wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:(attractive chick who thinks everyone likes her for her personality)


Nope.

lol



ahahaha

Outed as someone's alt or none of that exchange should make sense

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Blessedassurance » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:02 am

eandy wrote:Outed as someone's alt or none of that exchange should make sense


Are you attractive?

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby eandy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:08 am

Blessedassurance wrote:
eandy wrote:Outed as someone's alt or none of that exchange should make sense


Are you attractive?

Some people think so.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:29 pm

I enjoyed this thread WAY TOO MUCH. :oops:

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Blessedassurance » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:32 pm

eandy wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
eandy wrote:Outed as someone's alt or none of that exchange should make sense


Are you attractive?

Some people think so.


Like attractive attractive or in-the-eye-of-the-beholder attractive? Where do you go to school?

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby manofjustice » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:39 pm

Ha ha to this thread name! (That is all...D-bag law student here...)

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
eandy wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
eandy wrote:Outed as someone's alt or none of that exchange should make sense


Are you attractive?

Some people think so.


Like attractive attractive or in-the-eye-of-the-beholder attractive? Where do you go to school?


Relevant and important. Answer the man.

Klinklang
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Klinklang » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:45 pm

IknowthatfeelOP

I'm three years below the median age at my school, but all the people I've been getting along with more than others are married old (27+) folks. I suppose there's a place for the partiers/socialites and such, but it's just not my preference. Not after UG taught me how to handle a full bottle of Jameson solo in four hours, no problem. Lol

User avatar
Zensack
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:05 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Zensack » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:53 pm

If I were the OP I would just join some undergrad organizations or hang out at a FLGS to occupy my free time. Your friends don't necessarily need to be colleagues, though I would still try and join a study group.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests