Making friends with D-bag law students

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby 20130312 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:In before lawman gets rolled for using the Seaword.

Irregardlessly, OP I see you like Final Fantasy X-2. That's the only friend I would need. Good luck though I'm sure it's more than a little frustrating. Not everywhere would someone use a made up word and then defend it tooth and nail rather than admit a mistake.


I think OP has run away crying by this point in the thread...

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby kalvano » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:09 pm

I think the OP got her answer, which is to try and find other, non-law-school couples to hang out with.

LawMan20
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby LawMan20 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:In before lawman gets rolled for using the Seaword.

Irregardlessly, OP I see you like Final Fantasy X-2. That's the only friend I would need. Good luck though I'm sure it's more than a little frustrating. Not everywhere would someone use a made up word and then defend it tooth and nail rather than admit a mistake.


Did I defend my mistake?

And if any mods read this: I'm sorry. I didn't realize the c-word would get me banned. Don't ban me.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby NYC Law » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Always Credited wrote:This thread has become an example of itself.

Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Transferthrowaway » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:07 pm

Rikkugrrl wrote:For the tl;dr crowd: I like the school and the professors and the material, but I'm only a little over one semester in and I'm already actively seeking to spend most of my time either with my boyfriend or alone to get away from every A-hole in my section. And yeah yeah I know complaining about all this probably makes me one of those A-holes, but I'm getting really discouraged because this is the first time I've been to a school/job where I haven't been able to find anyone I like and want to hang out with. Has anyone else been in this situation? What did you do?

Late to the party and don't know if it's already been mentioned, but I don't think you fully grasp the concept of a tl;dr

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12492
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby jessuf » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Things I learned from this thread:

- A lot of you are very socially awkward. No surprise, though.
- Married people will make 0 attempts to be friends with you and will make it difficult for you to befriend them. However, it is your job to hunt them down and force friendship upon them.
- People hang out as couples with other couples. Apparently, people in relationships do not have separate friends?
- Making a grammatical mistake on a message board is the biggest deal ever in the world.

I hate most of the people in my section too but have found some fun and great friends, single and married. The thought of eating lunch alone or watching tv every Fri or Sat night is a bit too scary for me.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby kalvano » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:36 pm

I'm confused...you only have 327 posts. Does that lend more or less credibility to what you have to say?

User avatar
Julio_El_Chavo
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:50 pm

eandy wrote:I legitimately love my class. We all get along really, really well. I feel pretty lucky.


(attractive chick who thinks everyone likes her for her personality)

User avatar
Julio_El_Chavo
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:51 pm

beachbum wrote:I think the irregardless conversation is why OP hates law students.


THIS + 1 million.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby neeko » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:59 pm

This thread delivers

User avatar
moneybagsphd
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby moneybagsphd » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:29 pm

kalvano wrote:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... regardless

A word used by uneducated people intending to sound intelligent. Often, the defendant will use this word in court in an attempt to impress the judge and jury. Educated people notice and those who use this word instantly identify themselves to educated people as being uneducated. Educated people rarely correct them because it helps educated people more easily identify them if they are well-groomed.

"Irregardless" is a portmanteau of "irrespective" and "regardless"; it's a vulgarism. Still, criticizing someone for using "irregardless" is douchey.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby NYC Law » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:31 pm

moneybagsphd wrote:
kalvano wrote:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... regardless

A word used by uneducated people intending to sound intelligent. Often, the defendant will use this word in court in an attempt to impress the judge and jury. Educated people notice and those who use this word instantly identify themselves to educated people as being uneducated. Educated people rarely correct them because it helps educated people more easily identify them if they are well-groomed.

"Irregardless" is a portmanteau of "irrespective" and "regardless"; it's a vulgarism. Still, criticizing someone for using "irregardless" is douchey.


Goddammit.

nStiver
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:15 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby nStiver » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:32 pm

Jessuf wrote:Things I learned from this thread:

- A lot of you are very socially awkward. No surprise, though.



I'm sure you are a social genius yourself.

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12492
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby jessuf » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:57 pm

nStiver wrote:
Jessuf wrote:Things I learned from this thread:

- A lot of you are very socially awkward. No surprise, though.



I'm sure you are a social genius yourself.


And you'd be absolutely right.

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby Borhas » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:03 pm

nsbane wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:
sundance95 wrote:
LawMan20 wrote:Irregardless 8)

...? :?


the 'ir' and the 'less' are redundant. just drop the 'less' next time.


what about irregardedly?

srs question, need response ASAP
Last edited by Borhas on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
quiver
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby quiver » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:04 pm

ITT I learned that I live like a married person without any of the benefits of actually being married.

mrloblaw
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby mrloblaw » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:21 pm

This thread delivers on so many levels.

alabamabound
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby alabamabound » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm married, bugged by malapropisms, even more bugged by law-student-y behavior, and mostly hang around with other married students at my school. I don't know who to root for in here.

rjl
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby rjl » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:18 pm

To the OP:

There probably should be an "it gets better" for law schools, but this will have to do.

It gets better. 1L year has a way of slapping the spit out of people. Those who are dumber than others are pretty much told how many people they are dumber than and how few people they are smarter than. Douchebags get ostracized by the rest of the class who has grown tired of their shit. Gunners realize that they don't know everything, and, if you're lucky, the professors start putting them in their place.

Hang in there.

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:19 pm

rjl wrote:To the OP:

There probably should be an "it gets better" for law schools, but this will have to do.

It gets better. 1L year has a way of slapping the spit out of people. Those who are dumber than others are pretty much told how many people they are dumber than and how few people they are smarter than. Douchebags get ostracized by the rest of the class who has grown tired of their shit. Gunners realize that they don't know everything, and, if you're lucky, the professors start putting them in their place.

Hang in there.

Does it get better for people who get no-offer pwned? Probably not.

nsbane
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:35 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby nsbane » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:35 pm

Always Credited wrote:This thread has become an example of itself.


i know. it is so meta.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby NYC Law » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:17 pm

What's really crazy is that a bunch of law students at my school couldn't even agree on what the answer is to 48÷2(9+3).

User avatar
gavinstevens
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby gavinstevens » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:36 pm

nsbane wrote:
Always Credited wrote:This thread has become an example of itself.


i know. it is so meta.


hahah

BeenDidThat
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:18 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby BeenDidThat » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:43 pm

NYC Law wrote:What's really crazy is that a bunch of law students at my school couldn't even agree on what the answer is to 48÷2(9+3).


o_O

User avatar
bostonlawchick
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Making friends with D-bag law students

Postby bostonlawchick » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:48 pm

NYC Law wrote:What's really crazy is that a bunch of law students at my school couldn't even agree on what the answer is to 48÷2(9+3).


Did they not remember PEMDAS? I feel like that's all I learned in elementary school.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests