question about outlining for contracts Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
portaprokoss

Bronze

question about outlining for contracts

Post by portaprokoss » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:40 am

I'm trying to outline as I go this semester. I like to make a big substantive outline and then later reduce it to a smaller checklist/attack outline thingy. However, I try to order the material in the way I will use it on exams, not necessarily in the order it's covered in class. So, is contracts basically two outlines? One for common law and one for sale of goods under UCC? On the exam, do the questions fall cleanly into the sale-of-goods and not-a-sale-of-goods categories, or will you need information from both the UCC and the common law/restatement when answering a single question?

blurbz

Silver

Re: question about outlining for contracts

Post by blurbz » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:41 am

portaprokoss wrote:I'm trying to outline as I go this semester. I like to make a big substantive outline and then later reduce it to a smaller checklist/attack outline thingy. However, I try to order the material in the way I will use it on exams, not necessarily in the order it's covered in class. So, is contracts basically two outlines? One for common law and one for sale of goods under UCC? On the exam, do the questions fall cleanly into the sale-of-goods and not-a-sale-of-goods categories, or will you need information from both the UCC and the common law/restatement when answering a single question?
Sorry to say, but this is REALLY professor specific.

portaprokoss

Bronze

Post by portaprokoss » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:43 am

blurbz wrote:
portaprokoss wrote:I'm trying to outline as I go this semester. I like to make a big substantive outline and then later reduce it to a smaller checklist/attack outline thingy. However, I try to order the material in the way I will use it on exams, not necessarily in the order it's covered in class. So, is contracts basically two outlines? One for common law and one for sale of goods under UCC? On the exam, do the questions fall cleanly into the sale-of-goods and not-a-sale-of-goods categories, or will you need information from both the UCC and the common law/restatement when answering a single question?
Sorry to say, but this is REALLY professor specific.
Mine says equal time spent on both (in class); I don't know about the exam.

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:51 am

I did separate into common law and UCC. However, there was often overlap. But to echo what an above poster said, it is entirely professor-specific. My k's professor loved to blend the common law and the UCC into a single fact pattern and trick you/state that an otherwise clear UCC case had to be analyzed under the common law.

johansantana21

Silver

Post by johansantana21 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:21 am

Professor specific but I made a checklist with just the UCC and Restatement.

morris248

Bronze

Post by morris248 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:06 pm

For the UCC Article 2 this site will be a lot of help

http://www.drbilllong.com/Sales/Forms.html

then get The ABC of the UCC

The ABCs of the UCC, Article 2: Revised: Sales (No. 2)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”