Sh*t Gunners Say

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Sh*t Gunners Say

Postby blurbz » Thu May 17, 2012 9:30 pm

Sapientia wrote:
sunynp wrote:LOL. Gunner, insecure and neurotic. Or maybe all gunners are insecure and neurotic, that is what drives them.

(also he's incorrect, couldn't he aim for all A+ this semester? )


Yea but I'd end up with the same GPA. Hence, my disappointment with the fact that the only place my GPA can go is down.



I hope you're just a dedicated troll.

JusticeIsBlind
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:18 am

Re: Sh*t Gunners Say

Postby JusticeIsBlind » Tue May 29, 2012 5:58 am

Sapientia wrote:
sunynp wrote:LOL. Gunner, insecure and neurotic. Or maybe all gunners are insecure and neurotic, that is what drives them.

(also he's incorrect, couldn't he aim for all A+ this semester? )


Yea but I'd end up with the same GPA. Hence, my disappointment with the fact that the only place my GPA can go is down.



Please please think about what you say from the other side before you say it. I actually know a kid who is on Law Review, has either a 4.0 or a 3.9, works all the time, is the biggest gunner at my school, etc and got turned away after 5 minutes of interviewing at a bankruptcy firm for a SA position because of how big of a douche he is. The firm chose my two friends (one on Review and one not, one with about a 3.5 and the other with about a 2.7) over this guy because he is that big of an asshole. They handed the kid his resume back!

Don't be that kid.

User avatar
niederbomb
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: Sh*t Gunners Say

Postby niederbomb » Thu May 31, 2012 3:58 pm

JusticeIsBlind wrote:
Sapientia wrote:
sunynp wrote:LOL. Gunner, insecure and neurotic. Or maybe all gunners are insecure and neurotic, that is what drives them.

(also he's incorrect, couldn't he aim for all A+ this semester? )


Yea but I'd end up with the same GPA. Hence, my disappointment with the fact that the only place my GPA can go is down.



Please please think about what you say from the other side before you say it. I actually know a kid who is on Law Review, has either a 4.0 or a 3.9, works all the time, is the biggest gunner at my school, etc and got turned away after 5 minutes of interviewing at a bankruptcy firm for a SA position because of how big of a douche he is. The firm chose my two friends (one on Review and one not, one with about a 3.5 and the other with about a 2.7) over this guy because he is that big of an asshole. They handed the kid his resume back!

Don't be that kid.


Just goes to show that good grades are necessary but not sufficient for employment, unless you got rich kid connections.

Also, posting/venting on a message board =/ interview behavior.

JusticeIsBlind
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:18 am

Re: Sh*t Gunners Say

Postby JusticeIsBlind » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:01 am

niederbomb wrote:Also, posting/venting on a message board =/ interview behavior.



Very Very true, but I would rather take the time and repeat some wisdom (think before you speak) than take the chance that the kid has not ever done that before.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Sh*t Gunners Say

Postby 071816 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:52 am


User avatar
PDaddy
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Sh*t Gunners Say

Postby PDaddy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:09 am

See "Elle Woods Takes Harvard Law"...ultimate gunner scene! Lol.

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi3294298905/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250494/videogallery




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Nylon, zcallahan2277 and 1 guest