Soros Fellowship for New Americans?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
hoosiermama

Soros Fellowship for New Americans?

Postby hoosiermama » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Anyone here apply this year? Haven't heard yet and concerned. Have people heard either way?

D'Angelo

Re: Soros Fellowship for New Americans?

Postby D'Angelo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:11 pm

I got dinged about 5 days ago. Started app process really late and had some idiotic issues with recommendations that I'm pretty sure killed me from the get-go. You should be getting snail mail either way, though.

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Damn, these people are accomplished. http://www.pdsoros.org/current_fellows/

hoosiermama

Postby hoosiermama » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:32 pm

D'Angelo wrote:I got dinged about 5 days ago. Started app process really late and had some idiotic issues with recommendations that I'm pretty sure killed me from the get-go. You should be getting snail mail either way, though.

Thanks, D'Angelo. Sorry about the rejection.

Do you know which address they sent your letter to? I put the right mailing and permanent addresses on my application, but I realized that my "My Profile" address in the system is an old one.

D'Angelo

Postby D'Angelo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:41 pm

hoosiermama wrote:
D'Angelo wrote:I got dinged about 5 days ago. Started app process really late and had some idiotic issues with recommendations that I'm pretty sure killed me from the get-go. You should be getting snail mail either way, though.

Do you know which address they sent your letter to? I put the right mailing and permanent addresses on my application, but I realized that my "My Profile" address in the system is an old one.

I just tried to access my application and couldn't - however, the address where I received the letter was what I'd probably put as my permanent address. (I happened to be home over break when the letter came, which was convenient.)

hoosiermama

Postby hoosiermama » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:10 pm

D'Angelo wrote:
hoosiermama wrote:

I just tried to access my application and couldn't - however, the address where I received the letter was what I'd probably put as my permanent address. (I happened to be home over break when the letter came, which was convenient.)

Got it. Thanks!

Gamecubesupreme

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Is it just me or was none of the fellows actually law students?

charliep

Postby charliep » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Gamecubesupreme wrote:Is it just me or was none of the fellows actually law students?

i counted two

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:09 pm

A lot of smart-as-fuck MD/PhD students who will do far more impressive things. Although the YLS guy was pretty damn impressive.

Na_Swatch

Postby Na_Swatch » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:24 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:http://www.pdsoros.org/current_fellows/

lol so bizarre... I came across an ex in the current soros fellows.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”