Book refunds?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Book refunds?

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:33 pm

Okay, I sold my book to someone on Amazon recently and I listed it as in good condition with "some highlighting."
I got the book used with the same highlighting in it and added none to the book. The only thing I did was tab the Model Penal Code in the back of the book. It was the lowest priced book on Amazon.

Now the buyer is trying to return it saying the highlighting is beyond that which is usable, and that the book doesn't match other "good" books on Amazon. I did a quick search and the cheapest book available right now is ten bucks more and is in "good" condition with a bunch of highlighting.

I'm debating the pros and cons between granting him the refund or fighting it. Any thoughts?

FeelTheHeat

Re: Book refunds?

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:37 pm

Practice your lawyer skills and fight da bitch

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:49 pm

If you intend to sell more books on Amazon, refund the money to maintain a high seller rating.

P.S. FWIW I recently bought two books on Amazon listed as "very good" condition both of which turned out to be "new". Sellers do this, I suspect, to get or keep very high ratings.

Extension_Cord

Postby Extension_Cord » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:00 pm

refund the guy a couple bucks to avoid the bad rating.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:39 pm

I was in that situation and didn't. It's really easy to create a new seller account, so it's not like you're losing anything.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:35 am

Naw, jerk's just trying to get you to give him a few bucks back. Don't fall for it.

Extension_Cord

Postby Extension_Cord » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:22 am

Renzo wrote:Naw, jerk's just trying to get you to give him a few bucks back. Don't fall for it.

Maybe the book really wasn't in good condition? I had a guy send me good copy of a book he listed as like new, its pretty lame.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:00 am

Extension_Cord wrote:
Renzo wrote:Naw, jerk's just trying to get you to give him a few bucks back. Don't fall for it.

Maybe the book really wasn't in good condition? I had a guy send me good copy of a book he listed as like new, its pretty lame.

I get pissed when people lie to me (like when a "like new" book had the spine falling off). As such, I am painfully honest with my books I sell online.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:42 pm

"Like New" is the only status that you can really complain about w/ a solid justification

You might be able to legitimately complain about "Good" if there are words or pages missing, or MAYBE many pages where there is greater than 50% highlighting

Tell the guy to fuck off

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”