audio supplements Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
portaprokoss

Bronze

audio supplements

Post by portaprokoss » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:22 pm

The Freer and Miller audio lectures for Civ Pro are great. If you have Civ Pro you should get them both. I also thought that the torts one by Finz was excellent. I'd recommend the newest version of Miller, not the one that's available as a torrent. But I'd recommend the older torts; the one with just Finz, not Finz and Levine.

Next semester I have Crim, Contracts, and Con Law. Could someone recommend audio lectures for any of these courses?

Thanks

[Edit:

Generally, here are the print supplements that I liked, in case you're looking for any of these classes.

Torts Good (in order of usefulness): Finz audio lecture, Glannon's, Dobbs Hornbook, Crunchtime, The Forms and Functions of Tort Law
Torts Bad: Gilbert Torts Outline, Concise Restatement of Torts

Civ Pro Good (in order of usefulness): Miller Audio, Freer Audio, Glannon's Civ Pro, Freer Civ Pro Book (Aspen publishers)
Civ Pro Bad: Friedenthal Hornbook (anything that's not in Freer will be too detailed to get down on a timed exam), Emanuel Civ Pro Outline

Property Good (in order of usefulness): Understanding Property--Sprankling, Estates in Land & Future Interests: A Step by Step Guide, Aspen Treatise--Singer, Glannon Guide to Property--Learning Through Multiple Choice, Siegel's Property--Essay and Multiple-Choice Questions and Answers
Property Bad: Gilbert Property Outline (Krier)

Hope that helps. If anyone could recommend supplements for Crim., Contracts, or Con Law that would be great. I especially like supplements with good practice problems.]
Last edited by portaprokoss on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

morris248

Bronze

Re: audio supplements

Post by morris248 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:10 pm

For Criminal Law

Understanding Criminal Law by Dressler for the material and then
Acing Criminal Law for exam prep

http://www.law-school-books.com/criminal-law.html

portaprokoss

Bronze

Post by portaprokoss » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:04 pm

shameless bump

jemes21

New

Post by jemes21 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:44 am

portaprokoss wrote:shameless bump
I thought Sum & Substance for Con Law (Professor Cheh) was really good. More comprehensive than the Barbri version.

Extension_Cord

Silver

Post by Extension_Cord » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:43 am

Where did you get the freer audio lecture?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

portaprokoss

Bronze

Post by portaprokoss » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:48 am

LawGraduate2010

New

Post by LawGraduate2010 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:41 pm

mod edit: spam

Christian1992

New

Post by Christian1992 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:52 am

Check out AudioOutlines
http://audiooutlines.com

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:21 pm

I liked the Sum & Substance (Whaley) for K. But we used his casebook, so it fit perfectly. I wasn't a huge fan of the Con Law S&S, and of course that changes pretty fast in some areas, so it's only really useful for the historical stuff.

I also got something out of the PR S&S (Dzienkowski), but he was my prof, so it was basically like being able to re-listen to the class; and Goode's S&S on Evidence was good. I didn't end up taking evidence, but I listened to it just once casually between finals and graduation and evidence ended up being one of my strongest Bar subjects.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

lsfox86

New

Post by lsfox86 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:49 am

I have the following audio supplements for sale:

Criminal Law (Dressler 4th edition)
Property (Juergensmeyer 3rd edition)
Civ Pro (Miller 6th edition)
Torts (Finz 4r edition)

They helped me a lot 1L year, and I would highly recommend using them throughout the year. PM me if interested.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”