2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
de5igual

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby de5igual » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:28 pm

beach_terror wrote:
shepdawg wrote:Grades finally came out. 2 amjurs, A, A-, then B in Crim Pro. I still can't look past the crim pro grade and feel happy about the others.

Law school Bs feel like college Fs.

i take it you've never gotten a b- or lower

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:25 pm

Grizz wrote:
keg411 wrote:I would have killed for straight B+'s.

This

Well, I ended up with 4 B+s.

Not too bothered, but I wish I would have had an A and a B- instead so I could pass/fail the latter.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:38 pm

f0bolous wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
shepdawg wrote:Grades finally came out. 2 amjurs, A, A-, then B in Crim Pro. I still can't look past the crim pro grade and feel happy about the others.

Law school Bs feel like college Fs.

i take it you've never gotten a b- or lower

No, but I also go to a B- law school so it all evens out.

jawsthegreat

Postby jawsthegreat » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:12 pm

I still have no grades

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:35 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:I still have no grades

Sorry jabroni. I got my first ones tonight. I have high hopes for you tomorrow.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:13 pm

The grading curve in my legal profession class was 30 A's, 23 A-'s, 4 B+'s (3.82 curve). I got a B+. LOL

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:15 pm

beach_terror wrote:The grading curve in my legal profession class was 30 A's, 23 A-'s, 4 B+'s (3.82 curve). I got a B+. LOL

Employers don't have to know that.

td6624

Postby td6624 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:08 pm

B+
B+
B
A-

which sounds not terrible until you consider the B was in a 4-credit and the A- was in a 2-credit

but

whatever.

done caring. and it's better than last semester. so. hooray?

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Very unhappy with this semester. Finally got last grade. After transferring, I expected overall grades to drop some, but I made a big mistake by starting with large gunner courses that sounded important, but that I had zero interest in. Ended up with a B+, B, and B-. The B- is what really stings, but I doubt I will get no offered for one B-. I am sure I will do much better this semester. Last semester, I was behind for months and never caught up due to the transfer and job search. This semester, I have all the motivation in the world, and no reason to fall behind. As long as I can make last semester look like an anomale, I'm sure it will be fine come offer/no-offer time.

ajmax8

Postby ajmax8 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:24 am

somewhat going off of above poster, transfer to T20, relatively happy with my grades except for one class (B, others were A, A-, B+ in substantive classes). Have SA for next summer at IP firm and the B was in the only class i cared about, patent law; not sure what went wrong because I felt like I knew it very well. Kind of worried-how much does this matter (or how bad does it look) for this summer? Obviously going to do everything I can work-wise to do a good job, but I feel like an idiot about it and it's bugging me.

Big Shrimpin

Postby Big Shrimpin » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:38 am

ajmax8 wrote:somewhat going off of above poster, transfer to T20, relatively happy with my grades except for one class (B, others were A, A-, B+ in substantive classes). Have SA for next summer at IP firm and the B was in the only class i cared about, patent law; not sure what went wrong because I felt like I knew it very well. Kind of worried-how much does this matter (or how bad does it look) for this summer? Obviously going to do everything I can work-wise to do a good job, but I feel like an idiot about it and it's bugging me.

Similar thing happened to me last year. Don't sweat it - it was a bogus MC exam.

ajmax8

Postby ajmax8 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:06 am

Big Shrimpin wrote:
ajmax8 wrote:somewhat going off of above poster, transfer to T20, relatively happy with my grades except for one class (B, others were A, A-, B+ in substantive classes). Have SA for next summer at IP firm and the B was in the only class i cared about, patent law; not sure what went wrong because I felt like I knew it very well. Kind of worried-how much does this matter (or how bad does it look) for this summer? Obviously going to do everything I can work-wise to do a good job, but I feel like an idiot about it and it's bugging me.

Similar thing happened to me last year. Don't sweat it - it was a bogus MC exam.

ha thanks - that MC exam was busted (wish I could use that as a good excuse)

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Big Shrimpin wrote:

+1. got a "P" in patents (similar to a B at other schools, well kind of) and no one cared. most firms do not care about which course had which grade; they focus on the overall trend.

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:50 am

Most patent law classes are in total disarray because of the AIA. I wouldn't sweat it. You will know more about patent law coming out of law school and having had a chance to study it than a lot of your colleagues at the firm.

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Still waiting

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:19 pm

I am STILL waiting on a grade.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:15 am

I am close to maxing out my skips in all classes, absolutely don't care to go to class or learn any of this shit at all, I have no finals AT ALL this semester so nothing to really study for. I am ready to work dammit.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:19 am

BarbellDreams wrote:I am close to maxing out my skips in all classes, absolutely don't care to go to class or learn any of this shit at all, I have no finals AT ALL this semester so nothing to really study for. I am ready to work dammit.

Pretty sure my Evidence attendance rate is around 50% right now.

Big Shrimpin

Postby Big Shrimpin » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:39 am

beach_terror wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:I am close to maxing out my skips in all classes, absolutely don't care to go to class or learn any of this shit at all, I have no finals AT ALL this semester so nothing to really study for. I am ready to work dammit.

Pretty sure my Evidence attendance rate is around 50% right now.

Dude, just wait until next year. It's pure comedy. 3Lolololol.

Gigaton Punch

Postby Gigaton Punch » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:58 am

How come no one is worried about their grades dropping second year and its effects on offer from SA?

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:40 am

Gigaton Punch wrote:How come no one is worried about their grades dropping second year and its effects on offer from SA?

Is this sarcastic? There's like a billion threads about that.

Gigaton Punch

Postby Gigaton Punch » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:57 am

Ludovico Technique wrote:
Gigaton Punch wrote:How come no one is worried about their grades dropping second year and its effects on offer from SA?

Is this sarcastic? There's like a billion threads about that.

I'm sorry I don't know. I don't really read this forum much.

geekrocker37

Postby geekrocker37 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Just offered SA position at local mid-size firm, thinking that might be enough to wake me up in class and get my butt in gear.

Or maybe I'll just keep trying to level up in Skyrim.

ewdrrg

Postby ewdrrg » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:54 am

Tag

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”