2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby blurbz » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:11 pm

One grade back already (A-) and waiting on two. One is a 7 person class that the prof says he's curving but he wouldn't say what type of distribution to expect. I'm not looking forward to that one: Seriously...How the fuck can he curve a 7 person class?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Grizz » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:13 pm

blurbz wrote:One grade back already (A-) and waiting on two. One is a 7 person class that the prof says he's curving but he wouldn't say what type of distribution to expect. I'm not looking forward to that one: Seriously...How the fuck can he curve a 7 person class?

If this was 1L I'd be jelly of your A-, but now that it's 2LOL, not so much.

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby blurbz » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:18 pm

Grizz wrote:
blurbz wrote:One grade back already (A-) and waiting on two. One is a 7 person class that the prof says he's curving but he wouldn't say what type of distribution to expect. I'm not looking forward to that one: Seriously...How the fuck can he curve a 7 person class?

If this was 1L I'd be jelly of your A-, but now that it's 2LOL, not so much.


I know, right? I studied for maybe 3 days for each test: I think the semester was a success--Got a job and watched a shitton of netflix. What else is 2LOL good for? :-)

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby keg411 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:41 pm

B+'s, no whammies plz.

(Seriously, we don't get grades until like February. WTF?)

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Grizz » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

keg411 wrote:B+'s, no whammies plz.

(Seriously, we don't get grades until like February. WTF?)

2LOL, u haz jerb.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby IAFG » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:46 pm

keg411 wrote:B+'s, no whammies plz.

(Seriously, we don't get grades until like February. WTF?)

They can hold them til graduation for all I care. In fact, I would prefer it.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Grizz » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:48 pm

I caved and checked today. Nothing was up.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby stratocophic » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:51 pm

High probability that I've CALI'd one class and received the lowest grade in another. Anywhere from B- to A for the other three. Firm believer in variety, be it in the grades I receive, how much I study for each class, or correlation between quantity of study and quality of grades.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby D-hops » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Grizz wrote:Will poast in mid January when I finally get around to checking grades. Whatever.


Grizz wrote:I caved and checked today. Nothing was up.


That was quick.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Grizz » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:11 pm

D-hops wrote:
Grizz wrote:Will poast in mid January when I finally get around to checking grades. Whatever.


Grizz wrote:I caved and checked today. Nothing was up.


That was quick.

Gettin back on the boat bro. No more checking.

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby bjsesq » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Clinic: B+. This is generally a guaranteed A, but I was difficult to reach and missed a couple of the once a week classes.

Gunner class: B/B-. A gunner class that I attended twice. Oddly enough, my worthless UG CJUS major may save me on this one and get me to median. I seriously doubt it, given the other students in the class.

Trial ad classes: A- and B+. Despite my lack of prep, I am just decent at it.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby D-hops » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:36 pm

I think I am going to notice the difference between curved and uncurved classes this semester. Uncurved = good; curved = "oh god why?"

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Cupidity » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:45 pm

I'm thinking B, B, B+. I knew the material for two of the exams but botched the execution because of time or organizational problems. I had a 48 hour take home exam for one class, limited to 10 pages, where he wanted "deep discussion." There were literally hundreds of issues, and I have no idea where the appropriate trade off of "deep discussion" and listing those issues within the severe word limit lies.

lawschoolgrapedme
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:12 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby lawschoolgrapedme » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Bankruptcy: B
Corporations: B-
Financial Statement Analysis: B
International Financial Transactions: B-

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19668
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby dailygrind » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:50 pm

I just realized that I forgot to double space 2 of my exams, which has bumped up my post exam confidence. I'm predicting below median, but not egregiously so.

non sequitur
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:46 am

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby non sequitur » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:27 pm

It seems to be the common theme but my work ethic and care precipitously declined during 2LOL. I was expecting a GPA drop before I took the exams, but afterword I am surprisingly confident in my performance (except Con Lawl II).

Of course that feeling is denial, and assuredly means B-s or C+s across the board.

Denial land: A, A, B+, A-, A, A-

Reality land: B-, B-, B-, B-, B-, B-

User avatar
YourCaptain
Posts: 719
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby YourCaptain » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:30 pm

Ruh-roh

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby kalvano » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:05 am

All of my grades came back super early for some reason. 2LOL is vastly better than 1L. Went from being absolutely average to a couple points shy of graduating with honors. Plus, the class I thought I did worst in (missed an entire question due to time constraints and it was jammed full of Law Review kiddos) was my highest grade in lawl skool. Fuck me.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby JusticeHarlan » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:20 am

Feel pretty good about three exams, feel like total shit about the fourth.

Lol, whatever. 2L0L indeed.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Grizz » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:42 am

kalvano wrote:All of my grades came back super early for some reason. 2LOL is vastly better than 1L. Went from being absolutely average to a couple points shy of graduating with honors. Plus, the class I thought I did worst in (missed an entire question due to time constraints and it was jammed full of Law Review kiddos) was my highest grade in lawl skool. Fuck me.

Hoping I pull off this miracle.

User avatar
shepdawg
Posts: 477
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby shepdawg » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:38 am

I guessed on every question in a multiple choice only exam. Feeling pretty f'd.

User avatar
smokyroom26
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:56 am

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby smokyroom26 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:48 am

Grizz wrote:
kalvano wrote:All of my grades came back super early for some reason. 2LOL is vastly better than 1L. Went from being absolutely average to a couple points shy of graduating with honors. Plus, the class I thought I did worst in (missed an entire question due to time constraints and it was jammed full of Law Review kiddos) was my highest grade in lawl skool. Fuck me.

Hoping I pull off this miracle.


+100000000000000

If this happens to me . . . I'd say I'd party, but that's not really different from what I did all semester.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby traehekat » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:52 am

kalvano wrote:All of my grades came back super early for some reason. 2LOL is vastly better than 1L. Went from being absolutely average to a couple points shy of graduating with honors. Plus, the class I thought I did worst in (missed an entire question due to time constraints and it was jammed full of Law Review kiddos) was my highest grade in lawl skool. Fuck me.


2LOLOLOLOL

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:55 am

Please oh please let clinic and my seminar save me from the two classes I had exams in...

missinglink
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:49 am

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby missinglink » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:05 am

Evidence A
Business Associations A

Still waiting on 2 more classes.

That can only help the jobless situation. Or not. :|




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests