2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BaiAilian2013

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:03 pm

So if you calculate what your cumulative GPA will be in each possible grade scenario... and then assign a probability to each scenario.. and take a weighted average and just pretend that's your new GPA... that's normal, right? Normal, healthy law student behavior??

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:05 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:So if you calculate what your cumulative GPA will be in each possible grade scenario... and then assign a probability to each scenario.. and take a weighted average and just pretend that's your new GPA... that's normal, right?

Not even close.
BaiAilian2013 wrote:Normal, healthy law student behavior??

Probably.

NoleinNY

Postby NoleinNY » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:00 pm

My piss poor predictions continue; a class I freaking owned Civ Pro (round dos) and only got a B+.

So literally, my hardest and easiest exams were B+.

Antilles Haven

Postby Antilles Haven » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Antilles Haven wrote:2 grades were supposed to be back yesterday, checked my grades page about 120 times since yesterday morning.

Still nothing. I'm getting to 1L level grade anxiousness.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:18 pm

Antilles Haven wrote:
Antilles Haven wrote:2 grades were supposed to be back yesterday, checked my grades page about 120 times since yesterday morning.

Stop checking, you're gonna have an anyeurism

quiver

Postby quiver » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:21 am

Grizz wrote:
Antilles Haven wrote:

Ugh I can identify. I wasn't checking at all, then I randomly checked and saw that 2/4 grades were posted...haven't stopped checking since

nymario

Postby nymario » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:26 am

Dear CrimPro Professor,
Your multiple choice exam was just swell. That was 16 days ago, though. Just checking in on the status of the computer program that (in seconds (if that)) spits out the raw score associated with each student id. Perhaps that hurdle has been overcome. Surely you've located the appropriate cut-off points to try to comply with the school's recommended distribution and fit the overall mean within the required standards. If this is proving to be unusually difficult this year, I've written an excel spreadsheet that does that job. You're welcome to it! I wrote it while composing this post, in fact. Maybe you have that under control also. Perhaps you got lost on the way to the registrar (protip: still on 10th floor) or are having computer problems? That's ok, none of us area really sweating that grade anyway. I'm just wondering if I'm in the 30% with none wrong, the 30% with 1 wrong, the 20% with two wrong or, as the sages call it, "fucked".

Love,
SECTION B

ps. Conflicts (a three question essay exam, which I took the day after yours) was turned in and posted by the following Tuesday (which is to say ten days ago).

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:46 am

MSPeast wrote:Mine are most likely going to be laughably awful, mostly because I was such a horrible, horrible person this fall. I have a decent chance for something fine in one of my classes, but that's just in my one 2-credit class. For the other 10 credits I took, it's not feeling particularly good. If I could re-do last semester entirely I would.

Or maybe I'll be surprised by the somewhat generous 2L curves in two of my classes. Who knows? Our grades all come out at once and that won't be until late January anyway. For the most part I'm just trying to not think about grades.

2L and 3L grades are coming out the day after professors turn them in at Gtown. I think it only updates at 5 pm though. So you get them whenever they turn them in unless the registrar disputes the curve applied. I already have some.

dudders

Postby dudders » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:26 am

I had a dream last night that I got all kinds of nonsense grades (I think I had a V in corporations, and an C in my seminar (which was P/NP)). I also had terrible nonsense grades for about 30 classes I'm not in.

I would like to think that my nightmares will give cross-country karma shoves to my professors to grade something already, but I'm pretty sure they're going to continue lounging poolside in the Caribbean somewhere, laughing.

Postby 02122015 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:42 pm

Unitas wrote:
MSPeast wrote:Mine are most likely going to be laughably awful, mostly because I was such a horrible, horrible person this fall. I have a decent chance for something fine in one of my classes, but that's just in my one 2-credit class. For the other 10 credits I took, it's not feeling particularly good. If I could re-do last semester entirely I would.

Or maybe I'll be surprised by the somewhat generous 2L curves in two of my classes. Who knows? Our grades all come out at once and that won't be until late January anyway. For the most part I'm just trying to not think about grades.

2L and 3L grades are coming out the day after professors turn them in at Gtown. I think it only updates at 5 pm though. So you get them whenever they turn them in unless the registrar disputes the curve applied. I already have some.

Oh, interesting. Yeah I guess when I looked at the release dates yesterday that the "all-at-once" thing only applies to 1Ls. Either way, I checked yesterday and had nothing in. They have until the 17th to turn them in.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:48 pm

dudders wrote:I had a dream last night that I got all kinds of nonsense grades (I think I had a V in corporations, and an C in my seminar (which was P/NP)). I also had terrible nonsense grades for about 30 classes I'm not in.

I would like to think that my nightmares will give cross-country karma shoves to my professors to grade something already, but I'm pretty sure they're going to continue lounging poolside in the Caribbean somewhere, laughing.

ahhh the ol' nonsensical grade dream. we've all had at least one of those. i once had a dream i got an "8.1" in my seminar. the fuck?

Vronsky

Postby Vronsky » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:22 pm

Got two grades back: B and B+.

Tell me how I'm supposed to feel about this given the 2L curve.

Antilles Haven

Postby Antilles Haven » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:45 pm

quiver wrote:
Grizz wrote:
Antilles Haven wrote:

Ugh I can identify. I wasn't checking at all, then I randomly checked and saw that 2/4 grades were posted...haven't stopped checking since

3 days now. I CAN'T FEEL MY HANDS.

beardown_tho

Postby beardown_tho » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:53 pm

traehekat wrote:ahhh the ol' nonsensical grade dream. we've all had at least one of those. i once had a dream i got an "8.1" in my seminar. the fuck?

I had a dream where I got a K, which is slightly worse than an A but better than a Q, J, or T.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:22 pm

2/4 grades in. So far, I'm actually doing better than last semester or the semester before that. It's quite relieving. Granted, the last two grades I'm waiting for is my pass/fail tax class (fuck that class...I'm hoping I wrote enough down to pass) and my multiple choice/short essay comm law exam (which I'm seriously concerned about considering I didn't finish the essay, and I had to blindly guess on about 6 multiple choice because of time constraints, and not sure how I feel on the other 44 I did get to answer...praying the curve saves me :? ). I will be so pissed if these last two grades destroy my GPA.

Checking grades is the absolute worst for me...if it weren't for my constant worrying or having to report them to an employer I'd NEVER check them. In fact, my first grade was posted Dec. 16, and I just checked it yesterday.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:00 am

havent gotten any grades yet :?

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:11 am

as stars burn wrote:2/4 grades in. So far, I'm actually doing better than last semester or the semester before that.

nice! 8)

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:13 am

IAFG wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:Normal, healthy law student behavior??

Probably.
Dammit - I'm being a law student.

goosey wrote:havent gotten any grades yet :?
We just got the "abandon hope, you're not getting shit until like February, ha ha" e-mail today. Blerg.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:57 am

Why do you WANT grades? I never want grades.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Man, I feel like I've failed my Commercial Law class. I just want to be put out of my misery. I'm so worried about it. I'll be so happy to get a B or a B-; I'm just praying I don't bottom out the curve. I hate multiple choice exams when they make up 75% of the exam :(

YourCaptain

Postby YourCaptain » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:12 pm

WELL THANK GOD MY LAW SCHOOL INTRODUCED NEW MANDATORY CURVES WE CANT HAVE PROFESSORS WHO *WANT* TO GIVE EVERYONE As AND A-s NOW CAN WE?

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:23 pm

YourCaptain wrote:WELL THANK GOD MY LAW SCHOOL INTRODUCED NEW MANDATORY CURVES WE CANT HAVE PROFESSORS WHO *WANT* TO GIVE EVERYONE As AND A-s NOW CAN WE?

omg I would cry.

maf70

Postby maf70 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Only one grade in. Still waiting on a MC Exam from the first week of December....

memo2partner

Postby memo2partner » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:29 pm

maf70 wrote:Only one grade in. Still waiting on a MC Exam from the first week of December....

was the scantron machine broken?

Green Crayons

Postby Green Crayons » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:02 pm

Been waiting for two weeks for my final grade to see if I dropped .1 or .2 from 1L year.

A bloo bloo bloo.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”