2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
kalvano

Re: 2L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby kalvano » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:17 am

YourCaptain wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:Absolutely no to admin. Antitrust is really prof dependent. Crim Pro is the best class in law school.

we have "constitutional criminal procedure" - im guessing this is the same thing? i need to get rid of some classes and i was considering this.

I took Con Crim Pro this year. It was awesome, and it's incredibly interesting. It's the cocktail party class....whenever you go to a party, people are going to ask you criminal law-related stuff that that class answers.

Some of it probably had to do with my professor, but the subject matter is inherently interesting. Search and seizure, Miranda, etc.

Triangles

Postby Triangles » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:40 pm

My scholarship being dependent upon being in the top half of the class at the end of the year has forced me to care about my 2L grades. I got so sick during one exam I had to leave three times to throw up, and still somehow finished a half hour early while everyone else kept typing away till the end... fuck. I'm taking two classes that don't require a curve, but the professors said they were going to curve anyways. Fuck. I took a paper class and was pretty certain the professor liked my presentation and I would do well in the class, but now he is in the hospital and someone else from the school is going to grade the class just based on our papers. FUCK.

memo2partner

Postby memo2partner » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:15 pm

Got in a game of angry birds and just checked grades-nothing yet. Looks like my profs care as much about grading 2L exams as I cared about studying for them. 2LOL

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:31 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:I'm actually going to have to try next semester.

Don't be a law student.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:36 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:

Don't be a law student.

I don't want to be. :(

mths

Postby mths » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:08 am

Holly Golightly wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:

Don't be a law student.

:cry: me neither

Postby 09042014 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:46 pm

mths wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:

Don't be a law student.

:cry: me neither

Being a law student is pretty cool. You don't really have to do much.

nymario

Postby nymario » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:10 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

Yeah, you can even do part of 2L homeless, just for kicks, if you feel like it.

http://www.yuobserver.com/features/home ... vzcrNQkLw9

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:17 pm

nymario wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I want to punch this guy in the face so bad. Are there any Cardozo students here? Can you please tell this guy he is a tremendous douche.

nymario

Postby nymario » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
nymario wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I want to punch this guy in the face so bad. Are there any Cardozo students here? Can you please tell this guy he is a tremendous douche.

I am, and also am a 2L, but I have no idea who it is...

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:08 pm

nymario wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Whatadouche:
I experienced the ultimate problem of mine, which is not having any problems. I know a lot of people with that same issue. People that are experiencing serious things in their lives like a disease or financial problems or things like that, people will say, "How could you be so ridiculous, how could you say not having any problems is a problem?" But the fact of the matter is, is that my life, it's really easy.

OB: Can I ask if you've met any other homeless people?
D: Absolutely not, that's my first rule. I stay as far away as possible from other homeless people and maybe it sounds terrible but one of the rationales behind it – people think I'm doing it to get to know the homeless and get to know there culture. And that's not true. Maybe I'm getting to know their experience, but by introducing myself and trying to meet them would just be asking for bad things to happen. They'll be like, "Oh there's this yuppie guy and he has money," or, "He's a normal person with nice clothes and he's trying to be homeless." I don't want people to really know that I'm out there, don't want to be a target. So I just stay as far away as I can. I don't want to take their spots; I don't want to mess with them. It really kind of scares me, to be honest, as bad as that sounds

MG95

Postby MG95 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:15 pm

Last edited by MG95 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:20 pm

M_n_M wrote:Waiting isn't as bad this year as it was last year.

Agreed. Pressure's off.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:50 pm

Just checked. Still nothing. My heart was RACING though. Checking grades is so stressful for me.

random5483

Postby random5483 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:30 am

Waiting is always stressful.

But it was infinitely worse last year.

YourCaptain

Postby YourCaptain » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:19 pm

at this point im just curious what they are; my LS has been closed since the 23rd and they have a fed holiday today this is ridiculous. my tuition bill was due 3 days ago i should get a fed holiday for that

Postby 02122015 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:48 am

Mine are most likely going to be laughably awful, mostly because I was such a horrible, horrible person this fall. I have a decent chance for something fine in one of my classes, but that's just in my one 2-credit class. For the other 10 credits I took, it's not feeling particularly good. If I could re-do last semester entirely I would.

Or maybe I'll be surprised by the somewhat generous 2L curves in two of my classes. Who knows? Our grades all come out at once and that won't be until late January anyway. For the most part I'm just trying to not think about grades.

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:39 pm

final (real) grade just came in...overall meh. just thankful i didn't bottom out.

NoleinNY

Postby NoleinNY » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:57 pm

Just checked. The grade tab still isn't available yet... They were really serious about not opening it up until 4pm today.

gothamm

Postby gothamm » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:07 pm

NoleinNY wrote:Just checked. The grade tab still isn't available yet... They were really serious about not opening it up until 4pm today.

Nole, what was the situation like for you last year? did all your grades come in at once or did they trickle in slowly?

NoleinNY

Postby NoleinNY » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Grade tab finally opened, and 2 of my grades are ready. B on a seminar paper (which I'm fine with given the circumstances) and B+ in Evidence. Considering how f***ing hard that test was (I didn't even finish it), I am grateful for that grade. That said, I felt like I should've performed better. C'est la law school.

gothamm wrote:
NoleinNY wrote:Just checked. The grade tab still isn't available yet... They were really serious about not opening it up until 4pm today.

Nole, what was the situation like for you last year? did all your grades come in at once or did they trickle in slowly?

First semester of 1L, most of our grades came in within 24 hours.... ONE CLASS (Property) we didn't get the grade for until about a month or two into the second semester!

dudders

Postby dudders » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:06 pm

last year we got no 1L grades until the third friday in january ... at which point my section got 2/5. i currently have ZERO 2L grades, including seminars and nearly month-old exams. GW is such a joke.

Big Shrimpin

Postby Big Shrimpin » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:17 pm

dudders wrote:last year we got no 1L grades until the third friday in january ... at which point my section got 2/5. i currently have ZERO 2L grades, including seminars and nearly month-old exams. GW is such a joke.

geedub 3L here with no grades either. Zero sense of urgency with professors and records office peeps. I bet they get a 3 week vacation between fall/spring semesters. But 3LOLOL so who cares anyways.

Postby 02122015 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:20 pm

Big Shrimpin wrote:
dudders wrote:last year we got no 1L grades until the third friday in january ... at which point my section got 2/5. i currently have ZERO 2L grades, including seminars and nearly month-old exams. GW is such a joke.

geedub 3L here with no grades either. Zero sense of urgency with professors and records office peeps. I bet they get a 3 week vacation between fall/spring semesters. But 3LOLOL so who cares anyways.

GULC pretty much does the same thing, except we at least know that our grades are going to take forever. We always get ours all at once.

smokyroom26

Postby smokyroom26 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:21 am

f0bolous wrote:final (real) grade just came in...overall meh. just thankful i didn't bottom out.

all your grades are in already? I've only got one.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”