I am an absolute moron

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Theking28

I am an absolute moron

Postby Theking28 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:39 pm

My fail will never be topped

I had a 2000 word limit and I completely forgot about it during the exam. I don't function well without sleep I guess

:(

reasonable_man

Re: I am an absolute moron

Postby reasonable_man » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:40 pm

Ironic as it may be; this post is a pretty huge failure too.

Theking28

Postby Theking28 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:42 pm

thanks I am 2 for 2 than today

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:44 pm

How much did you go over and whats the penalty?

I had a 1000 word limit exam where the prof actually deducted points for every 10 words you went over

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Theking28 wrote:thanks I am 2 for 2 than today

Than instead of then ... 3 for 3. Head to the bar and call it a day. Don't beat yourself up over killing the word limit. It might not be the end of the world.

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:46 pm

I think I did something equally bad on my exam on Wednesday, so join the club.

We'll see how it goes; hopefully we'll both be fine :)

Theking28

Postby Theking28 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:46 pm

I think he just stops reading after the limit. but jesus christ it was torts... the easiest class ever and now I might fail

FML

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:26 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
Theking28 wrote:thanks I am 2 for 2 than today

Than instead of then ... 3 for 3. Head to the bar and call it a day. Don't beat yourself up over killing the word limit. It might not be the end of the world.

Good advice. Some professors are too pussy to really enforce a word limit; here's to hoping yours is one of them

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:30 pm

2000 words is 7-8 pages. How many pages did you write?

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:59 pm

Theking28 wrote:My fail will never be topped

I had a 2000 word limit and I completely forgot about it during the exam. I don't function well without sleep I guess

Awwww it's OK buddy! Just email the registrar and they'll take care of everything for you. It turns out you don't need to succeed on your own, you just have to ask TLS if you're allowed to have somebody else fix it for you afterward.

(full disclosure: making fun of other people, not you OP. That kind of thing could happen to anybody and it sucks, condolences)

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:10 pm

thesealocust wrote:

Awwww it's OK buddy! Just email the registrar and they'll take care of everything for you. It turns out you don't need to succeed on your own, you just have to ask TLS if you're allowed to have somebody else fix it for you afterward.

(full disclosure: making fun of other people, not you OP. That kind of thing could happen to anybody and it sucks, condolences)

Oh, I assumed he was regretting not cheating, based on other recent events.

dibs

Postby dibs » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:57 pm

everyone's done something stupid, so don't beat yourself up. i think i treated an accommodation party as a maker and completely disregarded facts suggesting otherwise on the article 3/4 section of my CCC exam. stupid!

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Maybe you should reconsider your screenname. Just kidding, buddy, hopefully it all works out.

Bless

Postby Bless » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:01 am

reasonable_man wrote:Ironic as it may be; this post is a pretty huge failure too.

So is that semicolon.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Bless wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:Ironic as it may be; this post is a pretty huge failure too.

So is that semicolon.

hey, don't make fun of; him.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:57 pm

traehekat wrote:
Bless wrote:

So is that semicolon.

hey, don't make fun of; him.

Black Face Law

Postby Black Face Law » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:24 pm

I enjoy his screen name... It makes me feel warm and fuzzy... kind of like this guy.

Pizon

Postby Pizon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:35 pm

That guy creeps me out.

D'Angelo

Postby D'Angelo » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:57 pm

well, hopefully you made most of your points in the first 2000?

MG95

Postby MG95 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:24 pm

Last edited by MG95 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shepdawg

Postby shepdawg » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:52 pm

I think most profs just refuse to read and give points for content exceeding the limit rather than deducting points for going over.

akmusic

Postby akmusic » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:21 pm

I had a similar situation on a few of my exams. LRW, thank god was done 3 weeks before first final. I put a lot of time into it for a solid week, maybe around 45 hours. Then began studying for finals. First was torts, I knew it very well 35 multiple choice, 1 complex essay question and prof. capped world limit to 9800. She had recommended to do the essay first as it would be the longest part, so I started there. Also exam was 21 pages long, lots of reading! Because I had used so many supplements, I learned a few additional facts one being vicarious liability. I missed a tiny little sentence on like the 11th page of the test since I did essay first, which was an instruction stating do not discuss "vicarious liability, or respondent superior." Well I followed one of the two directions :(
Then the next exam property, 50 multi. choice, 5 essays, no word limit. However, this professor emailed us model answers to last years essay exams. All of the essay answers were huge. So during test, I did multi. choice first, than had 5 essays, unfortunately, this exam booklet was 35 pages long! The essay questions, with all of its sub-parts were 5 pages! I did the first 3 essays really well, and just as I spell checked the 3rd essay, proctor called time. The two essays I did not even start were 1/3 of the exam grade, I was so furious and pissed, because I really knew the material and got an A on the mid-term. I did not check the time at all except after I finished the multiple choice, I had 2 and a half hours left for the essays, and I did not stop typing the entire time and was so surprised when time was called as I thought I was coasting through it.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:46 pm

akmusic wrote:I had a similar situation on a few of my exams. LRW, thank god was done 3 weeks before first final. I put a lot of time into it for a solid week, maybe around 45 hours. Then began studying for finals. First was torts, I knew it very well 35 multiple choice, 1 complex essay question and prof. capped world limit to 9800. She had recommended to do the essay first as it would be the longest part, so I started there. Also exam was 21 pages long, lots of reading! Because I had used so many supplements, I learned a few additional facts one being vicarious liability. I missed a tiny little sentence on like the 11th page of the test since I did essay first, which was an instruction stating do not discuss "vicarious liability, or respondent superior." Well I followed one of the two directions :(
Then the next exam property, 50 multi. choice, 5 essays, no word limit. However, this professor emailed us model answers to last years essay exams. All of the essay answers were huge. So during test, I did multi. choice first, than had 5 essays, unfortunately, this exam booklet was 35 pages long! The essay questions, with all of its sub-parts were 5 pages! I did the first 3 essays really well, and just as I spell checked the 3rd essay, proctor called time. The two essays I did not even start were 1/3 of the exam grade, I was so furious and pissed, because I really knew the material and got an A on the mid-term. I did not check the time at all except after I finished the multiple choice, I had 2 and a half hours left for the essays, and I did not stop typing the entire time and was so surprised when time was called as I thought I was coasting through it.

damn, wow. that really blows.

likely went from knowing enough for an A to actually earning a C by missing those last two entire essays...

also though, why spell check? i only spell check/get things in order after i'm done with the entire test and have a little bit of time left over.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”