Cali Lessons, Examples and Explanations, or Q&A's

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
blong4133

Cali Lessons, Examples and Explanations, or Q&A's

Postby blong4133 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Just curious which, if any, of these study materials you prefer when studying for finals. I usually use the Cali Lessons. Although the Con Law Cali lessons are useless for a regular Con law final (most of them seem to be based around environmental issues).

But just out of curiosity.

Sapientia

Re: Cali Lessons, Examples and Explanations, or Q&A's

Postby Sapientia » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:48 pm

I tried all three this semester.

E&Es and Cali lessons are both decent.

The Q&A's blow.

lawschoolproblems86

Postby lawschoolproblems86 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:59 pm

I really loved the E&E's and the Law in a Flash flashcards.

Q&A is completely useless, and do even try to simulate actual exam questions. Also, I'm probably in the minority here, but I absolutely HATED CALI. Every time I used it I found it to be a colossal waste of my time, and it mostly just frustrated me. I didn't get much out of those lessons, so I abandoned them by October, and just used the E&E's and flashcards since then.
Last edited by lawschoolproblems86 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoleinNY

Postby NoleinNY » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:59 pm

CALI is helpful for certain subject-based classes, like Crim, Torts, K, and Property. Stay away from Civ Pro and Con Law. Evidence is pretty good.

Q&A isn't terrible, but it's only helpful if you a) have an MC portion of your final, b) it is a subject class.

E&E Civ Pro and Property are helpful. The torts was pretty useless. Con Law was necessary, but only because I had the guy who wrote it...

Some professors work better with certain supplements, though. Students of Prof Seto at my school should use Glannon. If your prof wrote a supplement, memorize it.

Seminole_305

Postby Seminole_305 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:27 am

Q&A: for Torts, Civ Pro and Contracts is pretty good for Property it is pure crap.
E&E: I found all of them helpful.
Cali: I found the section about future interest to be the most useful and the offer & acceptance stuff good the rest is meaningless. Oh and the legal writing Cali might have saved my legal writing grade because I had no idea what they were looking for.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:37 am

i liked q&a for crim only because i had an exam that was half mc.

i liked e&e for contracts.

i didn't like cali for anything.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”