1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
shock259

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby shock259 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Our grades are due in 2 days and I'm still missing 3 of my 5 classes.

Fuck tenure

JewishFightClub

Postby JewishFightClub » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:42 pm

JoeFish wrote:
Haymarket wrote:Yeah, number of people in my section who I know at least read these things is well into the double digits

Ooh wow. We have... me... and DreamsInDigital... and... umm... and...

I guess we're not "top" enough.

I'm here too Joe but mostly of the lurking variety + forgot my pw so i had to come up with a new name

AlexanderSupertramp

Postby AlexanderSupertramp » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:45 pm

alicrimson wrote:Grades out. After weeks of fearing failure, I ended up with a 3.81. I'm very very pleased. Our top 5% has been mid-high 3.7. I guess it goes to show that thinking you failed doesn't always mean failure. I'm pretty pumped because I was a waitlister and, according to my LSAT, should have been in the bottom quarter. Screw you LSAC...congrats to all with grades!

Torts: A
Contracts: A
Criminal Law: A
Professional Resp: A-
LRW: B

GPA 3.81

That's great!!!! Congratulations.

thesteelers

Postby thesteelers » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:17 pm

I'm shitting bricks. We get our memos for LRW back before we get our substantive grades, and it's going to be the end of this week...fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK.

I'm so fucking terrified.
Last edited by thesteelers on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

$peppercorn

Postby $peppercorn » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:23 pm

alicrimson wrote:Grades out. After weeks of fearing failure, I ended up with a 3.81. I'm very very pleased. Our top 5% has been mid-high 3.7. I guess it goes to show that thinking you failed doesn't always mean failure. I'm pretty pumped because I was a waitlister and, according to my LSAT, should have been in the bottom quarter. Screw you LSAC...congrats to all with grades!

Torts: A
Contracts: A
Criminal Law: A
Professional Resp: A-
LRW: B

GPA 3.81

Congrats!

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:29 pm

thesteelers wrote:I'm shitting bricks. We get our memos for LRW back before we get our substantive grades, and it's going to be the end of this week...fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK.

We got our final memo grade back so we have all our grades for that class but we don't know what our grade will be exactly since it's uncurved so the prof can set it to whatever he wants. So all we know is if we are above or below median but no idea if we'll get a B+/A-/A depending on how things shake out. It's a bit annoying.

thesteelers

Postby thesteelers » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Flips88 wrote:
thesteelers wrote:I'm shitting bricks. We get our memos for LRW back before we get our substantive grades, and it's going to be the end of this week...fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

We got our final memo grade back so we have all our grades for that class but we don't know what our grade will be exactly since it's uncurved so the prof can set it to whatever he wants. So all we know is if we are above or below median but no idea if we'll get a B+/A-/A depending on how things shake out. It's a bit annoying.

I'd call that IIED.

AlexanderSupertramp

Postby AlexanderSupertramp » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:44 pm

Property just posted. I got an A.

thesteelers

Postby thesteelers » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:47 pm

For all the people who got As...how did you feel about those exams when you 1) had just finished them, and 2) thought about them over break?

Did you miss stuff that other people were talking about? Did you miss any glaring issues? Did you hit an insane word count or was it closer to the class average? Did you follow IRAC?

Sorry for the questions, I'm extremely jittery right now. Got some grade requests from firms, which should be something to look forward to, but it almost makes me want to cry because I have no idea how I did and I'm increasingly afraid that I got Cs. :(

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:50 pm

thesteelers wrote:For all the people who got As...how did you feel about those exams when you 1) had just finished them, and 2) thought about them over break?

Did you miss stuff that other people were talking about? Did you miss any glaring issues? Did you hit an insane word count or was it closer to the class average? Did you follow IRAC?

Sorry for the questions, I'm extremely jittery right now. Got some grade requests from firms, which should be something to look forward to, but it almost makes me want to cry because I have no idea how I did and I'm increasingly afraid that I got Cs. :(

+ 1000000

Dany

Postby Dany » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:51 pm

lol

Haymarket

Postby Haymarket » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Dany wrote:lol

thesteelers

Postby thesteelers » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:57 pm

Haymarket wrote:

Douchebags who got good grades or douchebags who were medianpwned?

Xifeng

Postby Xifeng » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:01 pm

thesteelers wrote:
Haymarket wrote:

We don't have grades yet.

D'Angelo

Postby D'Angelo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Xifeng wrote:
thesteelers wrote:
Haymarket wrote:

We don't have grades yet.

lol

sgoodman

Postby sgoodman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Last edited by sgoodman on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

$peppercorn

Postby $peppercorn » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:39 pm

thesteelers wrote:For all the people who got As...how did you feel about those exams when you 1) had just finished them, and 2) thought about them over break?

Immediately after I really had no clue how I did other than I knew I didn't bomb them. The more I thought about them the more I though I did bad. I definitely didn't expect what I got.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:45 pm

kapital98 wrote:You called? :D

Your scores are amazing and I don't mind. You must be in the top 5% or better part of the class. Barring a complete disaster you should do extremely well at OCI.

Here's my grades:

Torts: A-
Civ Pro: B+
Property: B+
LWR: B

I'm relatively happy with my grades (~21-23% in class). I was extremely disappointed with my grade in property. I really thought it would be a A- or A. That would have placed me around ~15% or ~10% in the class, respectively. And that would have meant a much easier shot at OCI with favorable second semester grades. I didn't care about LWR so a B is perfectly fine.

The good news is I'm still in the running for a firm job out of OCI. It will be hard to push my grade to ~15% range, and probably won't happen, but it's still a realistic possibility.

The only thing I'm really upset with at you, ilovesf, is you're going to be snagging one of the A's in Immigration. That's not cool. :P

Edit: I'm also slightly surprised how bad my grades look (only one A!) and how well they did respective to the class.

Hey :) I didn't know you were lurking here.. Congrats on your grades! I don't know anyone yet that got an A in property. I don't actually know anyone's grades, but at least like four people told me it was their worst grade this semester and they were pissed about that class. Anyway, I have no idea about immigration.. we don't even have books assigned yet and it is tomorrow, haha. How'd you like our new profs? I really liked them today so far, Diamond is kind of crazy.. but in a good way.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:46 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:

+ 1000000

For my Torts exam where I got an A it was closed book and typed, pure essay, 3 hypos. I actually felt very self-conscious and the more time passed the more I got worried. I started to think I answered something wrong and to think about things I could've added. We had one question that was solely calculating damages amounts with varying stipulations of indemnity, abolishing of J/S, and pre-trial settlement from a joint tortfeasor that I started to freak out over as soon as I left the exam.

So, the short of it, I felt miserably worried for the entirety of my break about that exam.

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:49 pm

LRW: A
Crim: A
Civ Pro: A
Contracts: ???

Hoping for a sweep, but dreading refreshing the screen...

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:57 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:LRW: A
Crim: A
Civ Pro: A
Contracts: ???

Hoping for a sweep, but dreading refreshing the screen...

Jesus, way to go.

Still just have my one grade :| :|

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:00 pm

i actually i had computer problems during my final and lost about 10-15 minutes of time so i felt like shit for that final but still got an A. I generally felt like shit after most of my exams but ended up doing OK (room for improvement) and from the people who have shared their grades with me, it was common to fell like shit but still pull an A. In addition, my study group all felt like shit after some exams and i imagine their grades were about the same as mine as our practice exams were pretty much always exactly the same.

typed 6,000 words in 1 hour and 45 minutes. 9,000 words in 3 hours and 30 minutes and 8,000 words in 3 hours. followed irac to an extent but mostly a combo of leews and gtm (conflict pairing and never actually said this is the issue).

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:14 pm

I never even read LEEWS or GTM, how do you even do this in an exam? I thought GTM was about preparing for law school?

buchy2009

Postby buchy2009 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Arggh, still no grades. They are due on Friday, but I expected at least one to be posted by now. I talked to a 3L today who told me that one of my professors didn't post his grades her 1L year until 2-3 weeks after the deadline.

At least I'll have most of them in the next few days I guess.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:20 pm

My grades are due to the registrar on Wednesday but still nothing has popped up. Sad to see people from other sections talking about grades on facebook and bragging about getting the highest grade in the class.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”