1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Xifeng

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Xifeng » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Haymarket wrote:
D'Angelo wrote:
Haymarket wrote:
AlexanderSupertramp wrote:I'll tell you guys what I got but I don't tell people at my school unless they ask. If they do I have no problem talking honestly about it, though.

I feel like this is fine, to the extent that there aren't a lot of people from your school around TLS and/or they don't know who you are.

oops

I would have thought the latter would be your biggest/most recent regret.

:lol:

Yeah this is why I can't talk about my grades here.

smscat

Postby smscat » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:06 am

delete

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:11 am

Haymarket wrote:
AlexanderSupertramp wrote:I'll tell you guys what I got but I don't tell people at my school unless they ask. If they do I have no problem talking honestly about it, though.

I feel like this is fine, to the extent that there aren't a lot of people from your school around TLS and/or they don't know who you are.

The only person from my school in this thread is Lasers, and we are in different sections so I've probably never met him before/have no idea he exists offline. Someone else from my section is on TLS, but we don't know who the other person is either. I don't think I'd be posting my grades here if I knew a lot of other sectionmates personally on here.. it just seems kind of insensitive or something.

Haymarket

Postby Haymarket » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:11 am

ilovesf wrote:
Haymarket wrote:

The only person from my school in this thread is Lasers, and we are in different sections so I've probably never met him before/have no idea he exists offline. Someone else from my section is on TLS, but we don't know who the other person is either. I don't think I'd be posting my grades here if I knew a lot of other sectionmates personally on here.. it just seems kind of insensitive or something.

Which is why you probably won't see a lot of Chicago grade posting. WE. KNOW. EVERYONE.

D'Angelo

Postby D'Angelo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:13 am

Haymarket wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Haymarket wrote:

Which is why you probably won't see a lot of Chicago grade posting. WE. KNOW. EVERYONE.

Yeah, number of people in my section who I know at least read these things is well into the double digits (not to mention a shit ton of more active people in other sections). I can stress about waiting for grades here, but no actual grades here.

JoeFish

Postby JoeFish » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:15 am

Haymarket wrote:Yeah, number of people in my section who I know at least read these things is well into the double digits

Ooh wow. We have... me... and DreamsInDigital... and... umm... and...

I guess we're not "top" enough.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:16 am

Haymarket wrote:Which is why you probably won't see a lot of Chicago grade posting. WE. KNOW. EVERYONE.

:lol: Yeah I feel like half of this thread goes there.

D'Angelo

Postby D'Angelo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:17 am

JoeFish wrote:
Haymarket wrote:Yeah, number of people in my section who I know at least read these things is well into the double digits

Count your blessings. (Also, Dreams is a cool dude)

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:18 am

I only know that two people from my section read TLS, but uh, I definitely did really well/failed out.

DreamsInDigital

Postby DreamsInDigital » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:34 am

D'Angelo wrote:
JoeFish wrote:

Count your blessings. (Also, Dreams is a cool dude)

Haha, thanks D'Angelo. And yea, I don't think that many 1Ls from our school are on here. I brought TLS up with people early on and their general reaction was "oh, I looked on there a few times when I was applying. Why would I ever read stuff on there now that I'm in school"

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:58 am

24 hours until grades are due at Northwestern. When we will actually get them remains to be seen, but it will probably be by the end of the week.

CLR (LRW) prof. gave us a talk down from the ledge speech in class on Friday, it didn't help....

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:40 am

Every day I don't have grades is like a deep breath of fragrant spring air. I'm sleeping well, eating right, enjoying watching sports and playing video games, smiling more, and being marginally less intolerable to the people around me. I never want this dream to end.

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:49 am

Bildungsroman wrote:Every day I don't have grades is like a deep breath of fragrant spring air. I'm sleeping well, eating right, enjoying watching sports and playing video games, smiling more, and being marginally less intolerable to the people around me. I never want this dream to end.

Going out to enjoy the city today and frolic in the sunshine. This is me without the two remaining grades.

Then the resentment beatings begin.

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:47 pm

First day back to class and it was like everyone was still in a coma... our LRW professor kept having to repeat questions and beg for answers (thankfully no cold calling in that class). Amazing what two and a half weeks off will do to you.

And we don't even get our final memos back until next week, never mind two more weeks for grades :x

arigoldwannabe

Postby arigoldwannabe » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Gotta give some love to TLS for the help this past semester. Received the rest of my grades this morning...

Torts: A+
Civ Pro: A
Prop: B+
LWR: B

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:47 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Haymarket wrote:

You called? :D

Your scores are amazing and I don't mind. You must be in the top 5% or better part of the class. Barring a complete disaster you should do extremely well at OCI.

Here's my grades:

Torts: A-
Civ Pro: B+
Property: B+
LWR: B

I'm relatively happy with my grades (~21-23% in class). I was extremely disappointed with my grade in property. I really thought it would be a A- or A. That would have placed me around ~15% or ~10% in the class, respectively. And that would have meant a much easier shot at OCI with favorable second semester grades. I didn't care about LWR so a B is perfectly fine.

The good news is I'm still in the running for a firm job out of OCI. It will be hard to push my grade to ~15% range, and probably won't happen, but it's still a realistic possibility.

The only thing I'm really upset with at you, ilovesf, is you're going to be snagging one of the A's in Immigration. That's not cool. :P

Edit: I'm also slightly surprised how bad my grades look (only one A!) and how well they did respective to the class.

$peppercorn

Postby $peppercorn » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:13 pm

OMG. I got my grades.
A+ Contracts
A Civ Pro
A- Criminal law
A- Torts
B legal writing

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:38 pm

So Michigan does make it easy to find the per class info for the curve: --LinkRemoved--

But does anyone know where I can find the class rank information? I know that it is only provided post graduation (so it will be off for 1L classes), but I'm still very curious.

D'Angelo

Postby D'Angelo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:01 pm

So the trend is apparently everybody gets Bs in LRW.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:17 pm

D'Angelo wrote:So the trend is apparently everybody gets Bs in LRW.

But pwns all the doctrinal stuff.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Half Cornell's 1L class is without a quarter of their GPA. Lulz...

I'm in that half T_T

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Flips88 wrote:
D'Angelo wrote:So the trend is apparently everybody gets Bs in LRW.

But pwns all the doctrinal stuff.

More or less, well, when you can have like 10 A's in a substantive class and then only 1 in LRW, you're probably more likely to be one of the ten rather than one of the one.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Our grades are due at midnight tonight. I'll spend the rest of today preparing my anus.

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:40 pm

Grades out. After weeks of fearing failure, I ended up with a 3.81. I'm very very pleased. Our top 5% has been mid-high 3.7. I guess it goes to show that thinking you failed doesn't always mean failure. I'm pretty pumped because I was a waitlister and, according to my LSAT, should have been in the bottom quarter. Screw you LSAC...congrats to all with grades!

Torts: A
Contracts: A
Criminal Law: A
Professional Resp: A-
LRW: B

GPA 3.81

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:41 pm

All grades posted this afternoon. After weeks of self-loathing and anticipation, I can't look at them.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”