1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
r6_philly

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby r6_philly » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:00 am

NYC Law wrote:Sorry to hear it :|
98% certain I'll be in the same boat in a couple days

Your grades are coming out soon too?

I find it much better to focus on the job search.

adonai

Postby adonai » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:04 am

School reopens tomorrow. One of my profs is three weeks over the submission deadline. I wonder how much in fines that prof. has to pay, and if it is even enforced at all. Assuming $10/day, that's $210 down the drain. I guess money aint a thang. Oh they joys of tenure.
Last edited by adonai on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

brose

Postby brose » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:05 am

1-2 of mine are out. I'm too scared to look.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:12 am

adonai wrote:School reopens tomorrow. One of my profs is three weeks over the submission deadline. I wonder how much in fines that prof. has to pay, and if it is even enforced at all. Assuming $10/day, that's $210 down the drain. I guess money aint a thang. Oh they joys of tenure.

It would be ironic if the school covers the fine as a part of employment expenses.

Good luck getting your grades soon! I have no idea when to expect mine.

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:19 am

r6_philly wrote:
NYC Law wrote:Sorry to hear it :|
98% certain I'll be in the same boat in a couple days

Your grades are coming out soon too?

I find it much better to focus on the job search.

They're due the 9th, 12th, and 16th. But one section already got 2 grades in last week, so who knows when they'll come.

Focused on jobs during thanksgiving (may have been the wrong time for that) so I don't have TOO much job stuff to do now. Although I am going to start working on extra applications for some in-house stuff starting tomorrow. Didn't mess with in-house earlier since I figured they hire later in the season.

D'Angelo

Postby D'Angelo » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:22 am

some of us are just focusing on jobs now! But difficult to focus when grades are just around the corner...first one should be Wednesday afternoon for us I think.

adonai

Postby adonai » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:23 am

r6_philly wrote:
adonai wrote:School reopens tomorrow. One of my profs is three weeks over the submission deadline. I wonder how much in fines that prof. has to pay, and if it is even enforced at all. Assuming $10/day, that's $210 down the drain. I guess money aint a thang. Oh they joys of tenure.

It would be ironic if the school covers the fine as a part of employment expenses.

Good luck getting your grades soon! I have no idea when to expect mine.

Yeah it would, but I can probably expect something like that happening. Profs I had really didn't seem to care about anything and so they probably have the same approach to grades. Hope you get the grades you want! Just wish I could find out ASAP so I can plan the next step.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:43 am

i think grades are due tomorrow, but i have no idea when they will actually be posted.

i'm not even checking if they're out. as soon as someone tells me they are is when i'll see my grades; i need to be mentally prepared to see them. :)

DreamsInDigital

Postby DreamsInDigital » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:16 am

how did you all find out when the deadline for grade submission is? I looked through my school's academic handbook and I don't think I saw a date. All I know, is they will come out sometime this month.

adonai

Postby adonai » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:32 am

DreamsInDigital wrote:how did you all find out when the deadline for grade submission is? I looked through my school's academic handbook and I don't think I saw a date. All I know, is they will come out sometime this month.

Look at the school's administrative/policy handbook. I think every school has one of these.

jjlaw

Postby jjlaw » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:34 am

bartleby wrote:yeah, thanks tls - 'ppreciate it. it just woulda been nicer to work on my intangibles and have pretty decent grades. this whole "try to be optimistic" new years resolution is going up in flames pretty quickly.

for those who are keeping track, the exam i thought i "dominated" except for missing the policy q came out to a B+. now i still have the exam where i missed literally 1/3 of it by not studying erie + LRW.

things be rough

Why didn't you study erie?

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:49 am

i've already bitched about it enough in another thread. but yeah, that's a great question

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:36 am

fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ... Just re-read the handbook and grades have to be submitted within 3 weeks of the exam, not 4 weeks... which means my first grade was due today... so it might be released any time starting tomorrow...... next one is due thursday :?

marmot8

Postby marmot8 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:06 am

NYC Law wrote:fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ... Just re-read the handbook and grades have to be submitted within 3 weeks of the exam, not 4 weeks... which means my first grade was due today... so it might be released any time starting tomorrow...... next one is due thursday :?

Good luck!

crossem

Postby crossem » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:13 am

On a related note, I love finding typos on my LRW paper as I brush up on it for an practice interview.

Where was this detail oriented grammarian when I needed it?!

D'Angelo

Postby D'Angelo » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:17 am

just found out my deadline is later than I thought it is! that means that there will probably be a 2 week wait between our first and second grades coming in...this is going to be fun...

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:41 am

crossem wrote:On a related note, I love finding typos on my LRW paper as I brush up on it for an practice interview.

Where was this detail oriented grammarian when I needed it?!

I came across typos in every one of my casebooks. Some days I just feel like no matter how many times I review/proofread my memos, there will be lots of typos. The other day I read over a 3 sentence email 4-5 times... Maybe the fear is good? lol

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:24 pm

DreamsInDigital wrote:how did you all find out when the deadline for grade submission is? I looked through my school's academic handbook and I don't think I saw a date. All I know, is they will come out sometime this month.

You go to Illinois right? The date they told us is January 9th (don't you read the law bulletin?? haha) which means it will be out a few days before then. I would guess this Thursday or Friday

DreamsInDigital

Postby DreamsInDigital » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:31 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:

You go to Illinois right? The date they told us is January 9th (don't you read the law bulletin?? haha) which means it will be out a few days before then. I would guess this Thursday or Friday

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm glad at least one person reads those emails. I think I've been challenging myself to see how fast I can delete those emails once they come in.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Had a grade dream last night. The deans rounded us up and sent us to a cafeteria where our grades were listed by student number on pieces of poster board. I thought I'd gotten 2 A's and 4 D's and started crying, until I realized that I'd looked up the wrong number and those were someone else's grades. Looked again and saw I got 2 A's and 3 N's (which was an actual grade, not an incomplete or a fail). There was no key to explain what grade that was, but my GPA was 1.85. Then we all had to compare our GPA's to figure out where everyone was on the curve. And then my friend refused to give me his grilled cheese sandwich.

Ughhhhh, grades need to come out. NOW.

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Magnolia wrote:Had a grade dream last night. The deans rounded us up and sent us to a cafeteria where our grades were listed by student number on pieces of poster board. I thought I'd gotten 2 A's and 4 D's and started crying, until I realized that I'd looked up the wrong number and those were someone else's grades. Looked again and saw I got 2 A's and 3 N's (which was an actual grade, not an incomplete or a fail). There was no key to explain what grade that was, but my GPA was 1.85. Then we all had to compare our GPA's to figure out where everyone was on the curve. And then my friend refused to give me his grilled cheese sandwich.

Haha oh no! That sounds like such a nightmare (bad pun?).

I've managed to forget about grades in my insane stress about jobs. Blargh, it's always something in this law school game.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Magnolia wrote:Had a grade dream last night. The deans rounded us up and sent us to a cafeteria where our grades were listed by student number on pieces of poster board. I thought I'd gotten 2 A's and 4 D's and started crying, until I realized that I'd looked up the wrong number and those were someone else's grades. Looked again and saw I got 2 A's and 3 N's (which was an actual grade, not an incomplete or a fail). There was no key to explain what grade that was, but my GPA was 1.85. Then we all had to compare our GPA's to figure out where everyone was on the curve. And then my friend refused to give me his grilled cheese sandwich.

Your friend is a bitch.

I had a dream recently where I tried to figure out where I was on the curve and the Honor Code police came and killed my family.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:44 pm

Hannibal wrote:

Your friend is a bitch.

I had a dream recently where I tried to figure out where I was on the curve and the Honor Code police came and killed my family.

They probably would kill your family for that.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Where I grew up and went to high school, they posted grades and names on a big board in the hallway, ordered by the grades. No way to hide.

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:01 pm

Magnolia wrote:And then my friend refused to give me his grilled cheese sandwich.

What a bastard.

I'm kind of glad we have a semi-definite date for grades to be released, it has kept me (mostly) from refreshing obsessively. No grade dreams yet, though I did have a dream last night that I completely missed the interview that I have later. Buh. Not good for stress levels.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”