1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Emma. » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:59 pm

bk1 wrote:Chicago kids talking about getting grades while the rest of us are about to take finals. Weirdo quarter system freaks.


And we'll be talking about exams when you are enjoying your summer. On the flipside though, 2 months off after I finish my SA job!

AssburgursRUs
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby AssburgursRUs » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:56 pm

Speaking of Chicago, anyone know what the 1L grade distribution breakdown is?

User avatar
Haymarket
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Haymarket » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:02 pm

AssburgursRUs wrote:Speaking of Chicago, anyone know what the 1L grade distribution breakdown is?

Alt? Bk, can we get a ruling?

User avatar
Guchster
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Guchster » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:26 pm

AssburgursRUs wrote:Speaking of Chicago, anyone know what the 1L grade distribution breakdown is?


I approve of this username/alt

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:34 pm

AssburgursRUs wrote:Speaking of Chicago, anyone know what the 1L grade distribution breakdown is?

As far as I know, the cutoff for LR grade-on (which I think is top 10%) fluctuates between a 179.5 and a 180. Other than that I have no idea.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18402
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby bk1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Haymarket wrote:
AssburgursRUs wrote:Speaking of Chicago, anyone know what the 1L grade distribution breakdown is?

Alt? Bk, can we get a ruling?


Not that I can tell.

User avatar
Haymarket
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Haymarket » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:09 pm

bk1 wrote:
Haymarket wrote:
AssburgursRUs wrote:Speaking of Chicago, anyone know what the 1L grade distribution breakdown is?

Alt? Bk, can we get a ruling?


Not that I can tell.

Interesting. Thanks for looking into it.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18402
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby bk1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Haymarket wrote:Interesting. Thanks for looking into it.


Np. Also reporting the post as a possible alt is more likely to be seen than posting about it. If I wasn't procrastinating from studying I probably wouldn't have seen your post (and I don't think many other mods actually read this thread).

User avatar
Haymarket
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Haymarket » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:15 pm

bk1 wrote:
Haymarket wrote:Interesting. Thanks for looking into it.


Np. Also reporting the post as a possible alt is more likely to be seen than posting about it. If I wasn't procrastinating from studying I probably wouldn't have seen your post (and I don't think many other mods actually read this thread).

Good point. I try not to be too frivolous with my reported posts, but good to know.

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby manofjustice » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:46 am

piccolittle wrote:Had my first grades-related dream last night. My contracts professor told me I got a discretionary C but she bumped it down to a C- for lack of attendance. Then after leaving her office I was chased by two different serial killers and fell off a building.

Sounds about right.


I forum searched for "grade bump" and got scared as hell when I saw your post come up in the results. Relieved when I read it. Now, I think it's time to go to bed.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11742
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby ilovesf » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:48 am

manofjustice wrote:
piccolittle wrote:Had my first grades-related dream last night. My contracts professor told me I got a discretionary C but she bumped it down to a C- for lack of attendance. Then after leaving her office I was chased by two different serial killers and fell off a building.

Sounds about right.


I forum searched for "grade bump" and got scared as hell when I saw your post come up in the results. Relieved when I read it. Now, I think it's time to go to bed.

Sweet necro.

User avatar
butlerraider1
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby butlerraider1 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:58 pm

Someone should make a 2014 version of this thread

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby chuckbass » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:06 pm

butlerraider1 wrote:Someone should make a 2014 version of this thread

Meh seems unnecessary given any conversation in here would just take place in the 1L thread.

User avatar
Ron Don Volante
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Ron Don Volante » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:06 pm

butlerraider1 wrote:Someone should make a 2014 version of this thread

yes it would be good for profilin' purposes

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Kimikho » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:12 pm

Ron Don Volante wrote:
butlerraider1 wrote:Someone should make a 2014 version of this thread

yes it would be good for profilin' purposes


That's what the 1L thread is for come on team

User avatar
butlerraider1
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby butlerraider1 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:14 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
butlerraider1 wrote:Someone should make a 2014 version of this thread

Meh seems unnecessary given any conversation in here would just take place in the 1L thread.


very true

User avatar
Kanye West
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Kanye West » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:08 pm

When do grades usually pop up; Is mid-Jan the consensus or are the schools all over the place on this? And how soon do I post them on Facebook after getting them? Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,

K. West

<< resume attached >>

User avatar
sam91
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby sam91 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:46 pm

Kanye West wrote:WAnd how soon do I post them on Facebook after getting them?


LOLOL It will work in perfect sequence with the "Just finished my first semester of law school" post.

User avatar
Kanye West
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Kanye West » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:27 pm

What if it was a cryptic message, "finally done with first semester lol gonna drink til con law amirite lol -#ididitmama #1/6lawyer #aaaba-"

User avatar
sam91
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby sam91 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:40 pm

Kanye West wrote:What if it was a cryptic message, "finally done with first semester lol gonna drink til con law amirite lol -#ididitmama #1/6lawyer #aaaba-"


To be honest I prefer posts that thank every single person they come into contact with for being there for them--def the 1/6 hash tag too

olive16
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby olive16 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:23 pm

Winter is coming.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby northwood » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:07 pm

Kanye West wrote:When do grades usually pop up; Is mid-Jan the consensus or are the schools all over the place on this? And how soon do I post them on Facebook after getting them? Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,

K. West

<< resume attached >>



never post grades on facebook, or else be forever a troll

Instinctive
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Instinctive » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:26 pm

SLS still waiting too. This is the worst grade wait I have ever had. I just want to know so I can move on with my life.

User avatar
isuperserial
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby isuperserial » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:22 am

checking in.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Kimikho » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:23 am

Join the 1L thread. This thread is like 4 years old.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=234765




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests