1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bk1

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:15 am

johansantana21 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:We are supposed to have them tomorrow. Ditching class for happy hour?

Will good grades stop you from drinking?

Will bad grades?

Neither. It just affects what type of alcohol you drink. Top 10%? Champagne. Median? Whiskey. Bottom 10%? Rubbing alcohol.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:21 am

bk1 wrote:
johansantana21 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:We are supposed to have them tomorrow. Ditching class for happy hour?

Will bad grades?

Neither. It just affects what type of alcohol you drink. Top 10%? Champagne. Median? Whiskey. Bottom 10%? Rubbing alcohol.

(C) Copyrighted Flips88 2012

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:23 am

Flips88 wrote:(C) Copyrighted Flips88 2012

I'm pretty sure you said mouthwash. I'm gonna plead fair use.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:24 am

johansantana21 wrote:

Will bad grades?

Either start happy, or end happy. So no.

sparty99

Postby sparty99 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:33 am

joncrooshal wrote:So, has anyone else noticed that EVERYONE in their school is "happy" with their grades?

Makes me think that people are happy getting a 3.0 or so. It's making me a bit paranoid about my 3.64. Like the median just jumped from a 2.7 to a 3.3 or something. I know that's not true, but still.

Get a life.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:39 am

estopped wrote:Are there still others that have not received ANY of their grades? I noticed from other threads people are getting callbacks and offers from summer employers, and I feel like I am missing out because I have no grades. I am trying to decide if I need to express dissatisfaction with my school.

You are not missing out because of the lack of grades. 1L SAs don't seem to be based on grades a whole lot, more about your resume.

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:48 am

lifestooquick wrote:No grades yet either :( There's a rumor they're coming out on Thursday but I've yet to see any legit information substantiating that claim.

Apparently this info came from the Dean of Academic Affairs. Now that I know they're coming Thursday, I've starting to freak out a bit...I had stayed relatively calm since finals.

kraken

Postby kraken » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Long time lurker under a different user name. Too sick of waiting for my last grade to not drop in and post my others, and my annoyance at still having to wait for a grade thats now almost 2 weeks late.
So far
Property - A+
Crim - B
Contracts - ???? will i ever get it?
LRW - Long memo: B/B+ (not final grade for course)

dabomb75

Postby dabomb75 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:10 pm

2 more hours (supposedly)

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:12 pm

dabomb75 wrote:2 more hours (supposedly)

Joining us for happy hour?

dabomb75

Postby dabomb75 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:34 pm

r6_philly wrote:
dabomb75 wrote:2 more hours (supposedly)

Joining us for happy hour?

don't want to be surrounded by people when I check my grades, whether they're good or bad I don't really see how being overly depressed or overly excited would be good to show around others so no. I'm gonna just chill in my room

2014jd

Postby 2014jd » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:11 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:No grades yet either :( There's a rumor they're coming out on Thursday but I've yet to see any legit information substantiating that claim.

Apparently this info came from the Dean of Academic Affairs. Now that I know they're coming Thursday, I've starting to freak out a bit...I had stayed relatively calm since finals.

You were doing better than I was then. I've been experiencing some of the wild swings of confidence that others on here have expressed.

Did you happen to hear what time on Thursday they are supposed to be released?

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:16 pm

2014jd wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:

You were doing better than I was then. I've been experiencing some of the wild swings of confidence that others on here have expressed.

Did you happen to hear what time on Thursday they are supposed to be released?

Nope, haven't heard a time yet. I just want them already...this is getting ridiculous.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:44 pm

kraken wrote:Long time lurker under a different user name. Too sick of waiting for my last grade to not drop in and post my others, and my annoyance at still having to wait for a grade thats now almost 2 weeks late.
So far
Property - A+
Crim - B
Contracts - ???? will i ever get it?
LRW - Long memo: B/B+ (not final grade for course)

Same boat on waiting for Contracts. Got our first grade back on around the 5th; Prof said it'd be up by last Wednesday, still nothing. I'm losing my goddamn mind waiting on this last one. I think it's the only 1L class that doesn't have it's grade.

Iceman389

Postby Iceman389 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Long time lurker. T2 These are my grades that I received in order...

Legal Writing and Research: A..... Awesome got an A in arguably the most arbitrary class of all of them. Nice.
Civ Pro: A......Favorite class of the year was expecting a high grade glad this exam worked out
Elements (unique class to my school): A-....Was expecting median exam was all around absurd doing well so far!
Property: A....Holy Shit! on my way to an amazing semester cannot wait for my last grade.....
Torts: C+ ....................what..........huh........the fuck.........

Words cannot describe how i feel right now. How can this be? Torts most likely did deserve to be my lowest grade did not feel that great coming out of it. but a C+....why.....how...

One class from potential #1 in the class to top 15% most likely. While I understand i did 85% than my classmates and should be thankful for this....I still can't get over this. I will be going in and talking to my Torts professor obviously but......i just still can't believe it. If you told me today before grades came out that I would be top 15% I would be ecstatic. But this way? Not going to lie it hurts. Can't help think what could have been...

How do transfer schools/employers look at a C+ in a sea of A's anyone know by off chance? Thanks for being a place to rant about grades TLS.

/rant

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Iceman389 wrote:Long time lurker. T2 These are my grades that I received in order...

Legal Writing and Research: A..... Awesome got an A in arguably the most arbitrary class of all of them. Nice.
Civ Pro: A......Favorite class of the year was expecting a high grade glad this exam worked out
Elements (unique class to my school): A-....Was expecting median exam was all around absurd doing well so far!
Property: A....Holy Shit! on my way to an amazing semester cannot wait for my last grade.....
Torts: C+ ....................what..........huh........the fuck.........

Words cannot describe how i feel right now. How can this be? Torts most likely did deserve to be my lowest grade did not feel that great coming out of it. but a C+....why.....how...

One class from potential #1 in the class to top 15% most likely. While I understand i did 85% than my classmates and should be thankful for this....I still can't get over this. I will be going in and talking to my Torts professor obviously but......i just still can't believe it. If you told me today before grades came out that I would be top 15% I would be ecstatic. But this way? Not going to lie it hurts. Can't help think what could have been...

How do transfer schools/employers look at a C+ in a sea of A's anyone know by off chance? Thanks for being a place to rant about grades TLS.

/rant

sucks. I got an A+ in torts.

But you kicked my ass in everything else except writing.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:38 pm

lifestooquick wrote:Nope, haven't heard a time yet. I just want them already...this is getting ridiculous.

cute new tar!

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:48 pm

ilovesf wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:Nope, haven't heard a time yet. I just want them already...this is getting ridiculous.

cute new tar!

Thanks! had to move on after the disappointment that was the post-season :(

Xifeng

Postby Xifeng » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:53 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

cute new tar!

Awww XD

And I'm sure you did great <3

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:10 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

cute new tar!

I know how that feels :(

quixotical

Postby quixotical » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:01 pm

Today I FINALLY got my last grade, and it was an A in Crim-- definitely worth the wait, as anxiety-inducing as the wait was!

Final breakdown:

Crim: A
Torts: A-
Contracts: B
Legal Writing (2 credits): A-
Legal Research (1 credit): B-

Overall my GPA is a little over a 3.5, putting me near the top 20% of the class (I think). I'm just so relieved because I honestly had no idea what my Crim grade was going to be, but I knew it would either relegate me to median or put me over. I feel much more energized now to really apply myself this semester. I'm disappointed in myself for my contracts grade-- I didn't pay enough attention/study hard enough for that class, and I know I could have done much better had I not just gone through the motions.

Anyway, I'm so glad the wait is over-- for everyone else still anxiously awaiting their grades, try not to let the negative self-talk take over. Good luck!!!

wiseguy33

Postby wiseguy33 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Grades come out tomorrow.

CRIPPLING ANXIETY.

STRS

Postby STRS » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:01 pm

quixotical wrote:Today I FINALLY got my last grade, and it was an A in Crim-- definitely worth the wait, as anxiety-inducing as the wait was!

Final breakdown:

Overall my GPA is a little over a 3.5, putting me near the top 20% of the class (I think). I'm just so relieved because I honestly had no idea what my Crim grade was going to be, but I knew it would either relegate me to median or put me over. I feel much more energized now to really apply myself this semester. I'm disappointed in myself for my contracts grade-- I didn't pay enough attention/study hard enough for that class, and I know I could have done much better had I not just gone through the motions.

Anyway, I'm so glad the wait is over-- for everyone else still anxiously awaiting their grades, try not to let the negative self-talk take over. Good luck!!!

Wow, you killed Smith. Nice work.

Naked Dude

Postby Naked Dude » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:28 pm

bk1 wrote:Neither. It just affects what type of alcohol you drink. Top 10%? Champagne. Median? Whiskey. Bottom 10%? Rubbing alcohol aftershave and listerine.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:53 am

quixotical wrote:Today I FINALLY got my last grade, and it was an A in Crim-- definitely worth the wait, as anxiety-inducing as the wait was!

Final breakdown:

You guys only had 3 substantive classes in addition to LRW ??? whatttt . Must have been nice.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”