1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby 23402385985 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:31 pm

edit
Last edited by 23402385985 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Dany » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:35 pm

joncrooshal wrote:So, has anyone else noticed that EVERYONE in their school is "happy" with their grades?

Makes me think that people are happy getting a 3.0 or so. It's making me a bit paranoid about my 3.64. Like the median just jumped from a 2.7 to a 3.3 or something. I know that's not true, but still.

I'm sure the people depressed about being below median aren't going to broadcast that they are. Of course everyone is going to say they're fine with what they got.

User avatar
Guchster
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Guchster » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:36 pm

joncrooshal wrote:So, has anyone else noticed that EVERYONE in their school is "happy" with their grades?

Makes me think that people are happy getting a 3.0 or so. It's making me a bit paranoid about my 3.64. Like the median just jumped from a 2.7 to a 3.3 or something. I know that's not true, but still.



Vomit.

Image

yeah. you're probably absolutely fucked.

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Xifeng » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Dany wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:So, has anyone else noticed that EVERYONE in their school is "happy" with their grades?

Makes me think that people are happy getting a 3.0 or so. It's making me a bit paranoid about my 3.64. Like the median just jumped from a 2.7 to a 3.3 or something. I know that's not true, but still.

I'm sure the people depressed about being below median aren't going to broadcast that they are. Of course everyone is going to say they're fine with what they got.


I'm pretty sure that's just the polite response to people asking how they are. Does anyone really want to hear someone respond "I spent the entire weekend crying and am completely devastated"?

That's what TLS threads are for.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:45 pm

joncrooshal wrote:So, has anyone else noticed that EVERYONE in their school is "happy" with their grades?

Makes me think that people are happy getting a 3.0 or so. It's making me a bit paranoid about my 3.64. Like the median just jumped from a 2.7 to a 3.3 or something. I know that's not true, but still.


if you were standing next to me, I would spit in your face Alcorn v. Mitchell style

if there was ever a clearer poast to say "shut the fuck up" to, I'd like a link to it immediately pls

User avatar
Haymarket
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Haymarket » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:46 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:So, has anyone else noticed that EVERYONE in their school is "happy" with their grades?

Makes me think that people are happy getting a 3.0 or so. It's making me a bit paranoid about my 3.64. Like the median just jumped from a 2.7 to a 3.3 or something. I know that's not true, but still.


if you were standing next to me, I would spit in your face Alcorn v. Mitchell style

if there was ever a clearer poast to say "shut the fuck up" to, I'd like a link to it immediately pls

This.

shut the fuck up emorystud and stop humblebragging.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby 071816 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:49 pm

joncrooshal wrote:So, has anyone else noticed that EVERYONE in their school is "happy" with their grades?

Makes me think that people are happy getting a 3.0 or so. It's making me a bit paranoid about my 3.64. Like the median just jumped from a 2.7 to a 3.3 or something. I know that's not true, but still.


Came in here to say that you're an idiot.

LawMan20
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby LawMan20 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:03 pm

joncrooshal wrote:So, has anyone else noticed that EVERYONE in their school is "happy" with their grades?

Makes me think that people are happy getting a 3.0 or so. It's making me a bit paranoid about my 3.64. Like the median just jumped from a 2.7 to a 3.3 or something. I know that's not true, but still.


I felt the same way when I got my 4.0. I was so sure that I had completely bombed all of my exams that I just figured they were giving out a ton of As this semester.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby beachbum » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:15 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:So, has anyone else noticed that EVERYONE in their school is "happy" with their grades?

Makes me think that people are happy getting a 3.0 or so. It's making me a bit paranoid about my 3.64. Like the median just jumped from a 2.7 to a 3.3 or something. I know that's not true, but still.


if you were standing next to me, I would spit in your face Alcorn v. Mitchell style

if there was ever a clearer poast to say "shut the fuck up" to, I'd like a link to it immediately pls

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby bk1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:11 pm

ITT: TLS told me it wasn't okay to brag to my classmates so I'm going to brag on TLS.

estopped
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby estopped » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Are there still others that have not received ANY of their grades? I noticed from other threads people are getting callbacks and offers from summer employers, and I feel like I am missing out because I have no grades. I am trying to decide if I need to express dissatisfaction with my school.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Dany » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:22 pm

bk1 wrote:ITT: TLS told me it wasn't okay to brag to my classmates so I'm going to brag on TLS.

Yeah um, when are you going to post YOUR grades, bk?

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby 071816 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:22 pm

estopped wrote:Are there still others that have not received ANY of their grades? I noticed from other threads people are getting callbacks and offers from summer employers, and I feel like I am missing out because I have no grades. I am trying to decide if I need to express dissatisfaction with my school.


Most 1L summer employers don't seem to care about grades.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13637
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Flips88 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:25 pm

Dany wrote:
bk1 wrote:ITT: TLS told me it wasn't okay to brag to my classmates so I'm going to brag on TLS.

Yeah um, when are you going to post YOUR grades, bk?

Srsly bro. There's no one around. I'm assuming straight HHs for a 183+ GPA until you say otherwise.

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby merc280 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:31 pm

chimp wrote:
estopped wrote:Are there still others that have not received ANY of their grades? I noticed from other threads people are getting callbacks and offers from summer employers, and I feel like I am missing out because I have no grades. I am trying to decide if I need to express dissatisfaction with my school.


Most 1L summer employers don't seem to care about grades.



Here's to hoping the two PI interviews I have this week don't ask me for my grades.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby beachbum » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:04 am

estopped wrote:Are there still others that have not received ANY of their grades? I noticed from other threads people are getting callbacks and offers from summer employers, and I feel like I am missing out because I have no grades. I am trying to decide if I need to express dissatisfaction with my school.


Checking in. Unless you also attend Duke.

User avatar
Dex
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Dex » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:05 am

beachbum wrote:
estopped wrote:Are there still others that have not received ANY of their grades? I noticed from other threads people are getting callbacks and offers from summer employers, and I feel like I am missing out because I have no grades. I am trying to decide if I need to express dissatisfaction with my school.


Checking in. Unless you also attend Duke.


Penn's aren't out yet either.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby birdlaw117 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:06 am

beachbum wrote:
estopped wrote:Are there still others that have not received ANY of their grades? I noticed from other threads people are getting callbacks and offers from summer employers, and I feel like I am missing out because I have no grades. I am trying to decide if I need to express dissatisfaction with my school.


Checking in. Unless you also attend Duke.

In which case a part of you dies?

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby beachbum » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:06 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
beachbum wrote:
estopped wrote:Are there still others that have not received ANY of their grades? I noticed from other threads people are getting callbacks and offers from summer employers, and I feel like I am missing out because I have no grades. I am trying to decide if I need to express dissatisfaction with my school.


Checking in. Unless you also attend Duke.

In which case a part of you dies?


Bingo.

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby thelaststraw05 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:47 am

So far I've come to the conclusion that those people who said that having just one grade and waiting for the others was worse than having none are full of shit. I have one, it is lower than I was hoping, and it is still better than having NO CLUE.

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby lifestooquick » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:52 am

No grades yet either :( There's a rumor they're coming out on Thursday but I've yet to see any legit information substantiating that claim.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby beachbum » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:53 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:So far I've come to the conclusion that those people who said that having just one grade and waiting for the others was worse than having none are full of shit. I have one, it is lower than I was hoping, and it is still better than having NO CLUE.


ITT, thelaststraw pours salt in the wound.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13637
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Flips88 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:So far I've come to the conclusion that those people who said that having just one grade and waiting for the others was worse than having none are full of shit. I have one, it is lower than I was hoping, and it is still better than having NO CLUE.

What if that grade is your highest grade.


Image

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:04 am

We are supposed to have them tomorrow. Ditching class for happy hour?

User avatar
johansantana21
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby johansantana21 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:08 am

r6_philly wrote:We are supposed to have them tomorrow. Ditching class for happy hour?


Will good grades stop you from drinking?

Will bad grades?




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cocotruffles, KissMyAxe, lawschool55 and 9 guests