1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
thelaststraw05

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby thelaststraw05 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:33 pm

northwood wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:I've still got one more exam on Thursday. So fucking envious of all of you who are done.

smae.. thursday will be a waste case afternoon... so. looking.forward.to.that. and.not.the. K. final.

Also envious of all my friends who are drinking Thursday afternoon. I'm driving home. 9 hour drives after 3 hour exams.

Fuck. My. Life.

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:38 pm

why dont you go home the next day?

shock259

Postby shock259 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:41 pm

Got LR back. No big surprise since we already got the memo back. Was hoping to stay at median and I am happy I did.

Now just anxiously awaiting the classes I put 800x the effort/time into.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:50 pm

northwood wrote:why dont you go home the next day?

My wife (who lives 9 hours away from me) would kill me. Also, I have a white house tour the next day.

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:29 pm

northwood wrote:happy with median... estatice with top 1/3... realistically looking at below median.. oh well

hi twin

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:49 pm

I had a nightmare last night that I missed all of the intentional torts issues on my exam. Damn, torts is still haunting me even a week afterward!

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:32 pm

ilovesf wrote:I had a nightmare last night that I missed all of the intentional torts issues on my exam. Damn, torts is still haunting me even a week afterward!

to make you feel better, last night i had a dream about contracts.. one of the terms in the contract was ambiguous, so i had to go into a statutory construction explination about the meaning of the term, the relevance of the term in the structure of the sentence, why the comma or semi colon can alter its meaning, the impact of the term and its intent and how depending on the judge who reads it could rule either way.

ended up with a 2 on the entire exam because i spent so much time, and couldnt get past that issue.... woke up realizing leg reg is still haunting me, and that i should have written my exam differently...a nd now as a result i failed both leg reg and contracts

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:39 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
northwood wrote:happy with median... estatice with top 1/3... realistically looking at below median.. oh well

hi twin

Joining the club. This is so me.

In other news, I'm FINALLY done!!! :)

dabomb75

Postby dabomb75 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:05 pm

northwood wrote:
ilovesf wrote:I had a nightmare last night that I missed all of the intentional torts issues on my exam. Damn, torts is still haunting me even a week afterward!

to make you feel better, last night i had a dream about contracts.. one of the terms in the contract was ambiguous, so i had to go into a statutory construction explination about the meaning of the term, the relevance of the term in the structure of the sentence, why the comma or semi colon can alter its meaning, the impact of the term and its intent and how depending on the judge who reads it could rule either way.

ended up with a 2 on the entire exam because i spent so much time, and couldnt get past that issue.... woke up realizing leg reg is still haunting me, and that i should have written my exam differently...a nd now as a result i failed both leg reg and contracts

I'm not even done with finals and I've had traumatizing dreams already of past exams.

Dream that I had a 2 day contracts exam, and that I got my grade for the 1st day's answer before the start of the 2nd half. I got 17/80 points on the exam and a D grade! I don't think that's even possible in law school. Eventually, I realized that I had turned in my notes instead of the actual essay, but the stress from it caused me to mess up the 2nd day of the exam. I woke up very angry at my brain for putting me through stress when I should be resting.

Can't f'ing wait for 24 hours from now when I'll be done with my last final and can officially join this thread

Shammis

Postby Shammis » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:12 pm

For some reason I keep seeing "remainder" all around town...it's like my Property final keeps haunting me everywhere I turn. FML.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Start playing Skyrim everyone. I just had dreams about Skyrim these days.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:08 pm

shock259 wrote:Start playing Skyrim everyone. I just had dreams about Skyrim these days.

what is it?

shock259

Postby shock259 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:15 pm

Video game! You get to bounce around, kick ass, kill dragons, help people, kill people, etc. It's epic.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:18 pm

shock259 wrote:Video game! You get to bounce around, kick ass, kill dragons, help people, kill people, etc. It's epic.

oh. I only have a n64 so I guess I can't play. :(

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:32 pm

Finally done!!!! Saved the worst for last... I'm pretty sure I got a C.

Four hour final, seven questions, only wrote ~2200 words. He said he values brevity, and he takes points off for redundant or frivolous analysis. I finished with about an hour left and spent the rest of the time inserting cites to cases and the Restatement, which he said he preferred. It said on the instructions that his model answers varied from half a page to a page and a half double spaced. But everyone wrote so much more than I did....I still feel like I missed something huge.

Someone convince me I'm not going to get a C.

I'm going to stop thinking about it now. Time to bake cookies and drink!

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:34 pm

ilovesf wrote:
shock259 wrote:Video game! You get to bounce around, kick ass, kill dragons, help people, kill people, etc. It's epic.

Aw... you can get an old xbox 360 used for cheap I'm sure. It can be an 'I survived first semester of 1L' present. I actually asked my husband for Skyrim for Christmas because I've been hearing so much about it.

Gecko of Doom

Postby Gecko of Doom » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:51 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

Aw... you can get an old xbox 360 used for cheap I'm sure. It can be an 'I survived first semester of 1L' present. I actually asked my husband for Skyrim for Christmas because I've been hearing so much about it.

Unnecessary. ilovesf has an N64, so TCR is GoldenEye until N64 no longer functions. Then Skyrim.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:17 pm

I know that there's a designated release day for all my grades, but I don't know when that day is. The registrar listed it the past few years on their website, but nothing this year.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:33 pm

Congratulations everyone who's done! Now I can finally join you all!

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:47 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
thesteelers wrote:Made the mistake of talking to people about exams and comparing. Now convinced that I am below median in Property and Torts.

No good can ever come from this.

It's best to think of 1L finals like sodom and gomorrah, finishing them like God smiting the cities with fire, and discussing them afterward like being turned into a pile of salt because you turned around to look behind you as you fled the destruction.

Xifeng

Postby Xifeng » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:50 pm

thesealocust wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
thesteelers wrote:Made the mistake of talking to people about exams and comparing. Now convinced that I am below median in Property and Torts.

No good can ever come from this.

It's best to think of 1L finals like sodom and gomorrah, finishing them like God smiting the cities with fire, and discussing them afterward like being turned into a pile of salt because you turned around to look behind you as you fled the destruction.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I discussed mine for like 5 min with a couple people (mostly just bitching about the format or the topics, not really our answers) and I still ended up convinced that I am below median. Ugh.

GUNNING FOR MEDIAN CLUB <3

Flash

Postby Flash » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:07 pm

The post finals feeling of "I did great!" followed immediately by "I'm going to fail!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTHmHZaheC4

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:11 pm

Xifeng wrote:GUNNING FOR MEDIAN CLUB <3

Proud member right here. We should make t-shirts.

5ky

Postby 5ky » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:25 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:Finally done!!!! Saved the worst for last... I'm pretty sure I got a C.

Four hour final, seven questions, only wrote ~2200 words. He said he values brevity, and he takes points off for redundant or frivolous analysis. I finished with about an hour left and spent the rest of the time inserting cites to cases and the Restatement, which he said he preferred. It said on the instructions that his model answers varied from half a page to a page and a half double spaced. But everyone wrote so much more than I did....I still feel like I missed something huge.

Someone convince me I'm not going to get a C.

I'm going to stop thinking about it now. Time to bake cookies and drink!

A professor that comes out and says this MEANS it. If others ignored the professor's request for brevity, that is a Bad Thing for them. Long answers have their place, but for statements as explicit as this, I predict good things for your grade.

Bless

Postby Bless » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Got my Torts grade back today and it's an A :D thrilled and definitely humbled by that, seriously. Not so sure any of my other grades will be that pretty, but it's a good start.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”