1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Hannibal

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby Hannibal » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:52 pm

What the hell happened to this thread.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:52 pm

shock259 wrote:I like that classes for second semester start tomorrow and I still don't have all my fucking grades.

I think a good chunk of people are in this boat. At CU, most of us are missing 1-2 grades (damn you LPW--whose last assignment was due in EARLY NOVEMBER!), and we start tomorrow as well.

It's so hard getting back to work. Part of my spirit has died from killing myself for median pwnag3 so far, and I just think, what's the point of doing all of this pointless reading that probs won't affect my grade at the end anyway. Nah, I guess I'm just mad, lol.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Hannibal wrote:What the hell happened to this thread.

One guy had a raging case of lawtism.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Kapital98 rubbed his poop dick on it.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:54 pm

SilverE2 wrote:A MINUS IN CONTRACTS.

That grade took me from bottom 20% of the class to about median. Depending on how next semester goes, I may still make it out of this whole law school thing with a job. So happy.

CONGRATS. Haleys gonna Haley.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Flips88 wrote:

Apparently WSJ_Law had a part to play as well.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

It was a team effort.

mr_toad

Postby mr_toad » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Checking in, only eight more days until Georgetown supposedly publishes grades (GULC does them all at once...). Saves us from refreshing constantly, I suppose.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

Nah Bro. Dr. Batshit started pissing me off with his 2L "you're fuuuu'd" invasion, when most of us thread loyalists know NYC law is in great shape, regardless.

Now I'm mad.

--ImageRemoved--

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:59 pm

Just had my ass handed to me on my long memo. Not even by my writing prof.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:00 pm

NYC Law wrote:Just had my ass handed to me on my long memo. Not even by my writing prof.

Hmm.. explain.

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Guchster wrote:
NYC Law wrote:Just had my ass handed to me on my long memo. Not even by my writing prof.

Hmm.. explain.

This prof that apparently knows all the Federal Judges invited me to come speak to him so maybe he can help me set something up, he went over my resume and transcript then read my long memo with me sitting there. At least the stuff he hated the most wasn't really my fault (the format of our question presented/brief answer is just one enormous paragraph, or sentence for the question presented), it slipped my mind that I probably should have edited that before using it as a writing sample. I also misspelled a party name in one of the cases I cited.

Gotta clean it up and resend it to him, and he'll forward it to some judges.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:11 pm

NYC Law wrote:
Guchster wrote:

Hmm.. explain.

This prof that apparently knows all the Federal Judges invited me to come speak to him so maybe he can help me set something up, he went over my resume and transcript then read my long memo with me sitting there. At least the stuff he hated the most wasn't really my fault (the format of our question presented/brief answer is just one enormous paragraph, or sentence for the question presented), it slipped my mind that I probably should have edited that before using it as a writing sample. I also misspelled a party name in one of the cases I cited.

That's not so bad. It's pretty great you have this resource, and it sounds like he's still going to hook you up. Plus, you got some constructive third-party feedback on your writing sample that's not going to seriously harm any of your chances.

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Guchster wrote:
NYC Law wrote:
Guchster wrote:

Hmm.. explain.

That's not so bad. It's pretty great you have this resource, and it sounds like he's still going to hook you up. Plus, you got some constructive third-party feedback on your writing sample that's not going to seriously harm any of your chances.

Thanks man. Sucks I probably won't be hearing back from anywhere that has my old memo.... but I guess it won't matter if this pulls through.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:18 pm

NYC Law wrote:
Thanks man. Sucks I probably won't be hearing back from anywhere that has my old memo.... but I guess it won't matter if this pulls through.

Yeah, but at the same time didn't most people have to send in unedited memos? I didn't get my memo back until like 3 days ago, so I just edited it again myself and sent it in. I only sent in my updated draft to my last round of applications to federal judges.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:30 pm

Guchster wrote:
shock259 wrote:I like that classes for second semester start tomorrow and I still don't have all my fucking grades.

I think a good chunk of people are in this boat. At CU, most of us are missing 1-2 grades (damn you LPW--whose last assignment was due in EARLY NOVEMBER!), and we start tomorrow as well.

It's so hard getting back to work. Part of my spirit has died from killing myself for median pwnag3 so far, and I just think, what's the point of doing all of this pointless reading that probs won't affect my grade at the end anyway. Nah, I guess I'm just mad, lol.

O snap. Another CU-er. There are a few of us in this thread. Not going to out myself though. 8)

And my motivation right now is non-existent. I'm hoping it'll come back once classes actually begin.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:35 pm

shock259 wrote:
Guchster wrote:

O snap. Another CU-er. There are a few of us in this thread. Not going to out myself though. 8)

And my motivation right now is non-existent. I'm hoping it'll come back once classes actually begin.

True story. Ever since the drama bomb exploded with the public facebook group exposé, I've been hoping more CLS'ers migrate over to TLS. But alas, it's probs not going to happen.

HWS08

Postby HWS08 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:18 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:

Starting the second week of classes tomorrow, and don't have any grades.

Same. Consensus is we should be getting them this coming Friday, just in time to ruin the weekend.

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Hannibal wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:A MINUS IN CONTRACTS.

That grade took me from bottom 20% of the class to about median. Depending on how next semester goes, I may still make it out of this whole law school thing with a job. So happy.

CONGRATS. Haleys gonna Haley.

After hating his confusing-ass method of teaching all semester, I think it actually end up saving me in the end (by confusing everyone else). Long live Haley.

lawyerwannabe

Postby lawyerwannabe » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Guchster wrote:
shock259 wrote:
Guchster wrote:

True story. Ever since the drama bomb exploded with the public facebook group exposé, I've been hoping more CLS'ers migrate over to TLS. But alas, it's probs not going to happen.

Feel like there might be a miscommunication here since Guchster decided to refer to "CLS" as "CU". Pretty sure that "CU" is Colorado University.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:29 pm

damn my proclivity to do bad things. pardon the confusion.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:41 pm

No thread about grade discussions and Northwestern would be complete without an epic retelling of the Corsair Saga...

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:58 pm

thesealocust wrote:No thread about grade discussions and Northwestern would be complete without an epic retelling of the Corsair Saga...

...go on.

Postby 071816 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Hannibal wrote:
thesealocust wrote:No thread about grade discussions and Northwestern would be complete without an epic retelling of the Corsair Saga...

...go on.

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:14 pm

chimp wrote:
Hannibal wrote:

...go on.

All I know is it involves a sad clown.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”