1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
NYC Law

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby NYC Law » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:49 pm

WSJ_Law wrote:Was just kidding, NYC. With your first grade as any indication you will be fine. Congrats brother.

Also you still sound mad.

--ImageRemoved--

WSJ_Law

Postby WSJ_Law » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:52 pm

NYC Brother,

Are you gonna do DAT V100 1LSA in MFH?

Why or why not. TYIA

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:19 pm

All the other sections of CivPro have gotten their grades... still waiting on them without as much as a hint. Goddammit.

lawyerwannabe

Postby lawyerwannabe » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:24 pm

crossarmant wrote:All the other sections of CivPro have gotten their grades... still waiting on them without as much as a hint. Goddammit.

Grades are not due for another 9 days at my school. After that, they are tentatively to be posted an additional 6 days later. You will survive this one, I promise.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:35 pm

lawyerwannabe wrote:
crossarmant wrote:All the other sections of CivPro have gotten their grades... still waiting on them without as much as a hint. Goddammit.

Grades are not due for another 9 days at my school. After that, they are tentatively to be posted an additional 6 days later. You will survive this one, I promise.

At Michigan the grading deadline is January 26. But there is a note next to it that says "All grades are ordinarily posted to student transcripts within two weeks of the Grading Deadline."

2014jd

Postby 2014jd » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:45 pm

How do you guys know when the grading deadline is? Just posted on the website somewhere for you?

I don't think tOSU tells us and I am going a little crazy waiting for them.

buchy2009

Postby buchy2009 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:54 pm

2014jd wrote:How do you guys know when the grading deadline is? Just posted on the website somewhere for you?

I don't think tOSU tells us and I am going a little crazy waiting for them.

It was posted under the Academic Services tab of the law school's intranet page. Also, (probably to alleviate continuous calling to their office) Academic Services sent out an email.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:33 pm

kapital98 wrote:Did Bk post grades? He's loud enough on every other issue. I can't seem to find his post.

this post is awesome

DrGuano

Postby DrGuano » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:06 pm

WSJ_Law wrote:
NYC Law wrote:I had a series of grade nightmares about crim last night.
The first one I just got a straight C. The second nightmare was pretty rough. For some reason I received several crim grades (I guess broken down into participation, exam, etc) and they ranged from D to B-, and all included comments (such as "the worst class I've ever had", "no analysis", etc). It was pretty rough, needless to say I was relieved when I woke up and double checked the computer just to see my crim grade isn't actually up yet.

I would have nightmares about being median at Fordham too. Shit is real brother

2L at Fordham - WSJ is spot on. Median = no job/need miracle

Fordham is great like that. Top 5% = v10 no problem
Top 25% = v100 nice and easy
everything else = slim pickings.

mighty quick drop off, but if you do well, fordham opens the same doors in nyc as t14.

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:13 pm

DrGuano wrote:
WSJ_Law wrote:
The first one I just got a straight C. The second nightmare was pretty rough. For some reason I received several crim grades (I guess broken down into participation, exam, etc) and they ranged from D to B-, and all included comments (such as "the worst class I've ever had", "no analysis", etc). It was pretty rough, needless to say I was relieved when I woke up and double checked the computer just to see my crim grade isn't actually up yet.

mighty quick drop off, but if you do well, fordham opens the same doors in nyc as t14.

I'm well aware of Fordham prospects. The point is it's a pretty douche thing to post in the grade waiting thread.

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:20 pm

fatduck wrote:
kapital98 wrote:Did Bk post grades? He's loud enough on every other issue. I can't seem to find his post.

this post is awesome

I know, this isn't the nicest post. However, over the last year as a 0L and 1L, Bk has been giving advice about... well, everything. It would be interesting to see where he falls.

Note: It's also suspicious that NU's grades were released last Wednesday and he's been almost silent since then.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:22 pm

DrGuano wrote:
WSJ_Law wrote:

What are you doing lurking the 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread? If you just checked NYC Law's posts on here, you'd count the bottles and models in the form of all the As

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:25 pm

kapital98 wrote:
fatduck wrote:

this post is awesome

I know, this isn't the nicest post. However, over the last year as a 0L and 1L, Bk has been giving advice about... well, everything. It would be interesting to see where he falls.

Note: It's also suspicious that NU's grades were released last Wednesday and he's been almost silent since then.

Shit's about to get real.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:25 pm

kapital98 wrote:
fatduck wrote:

this post is awesome

1. What the what?

2. I'm not telling anybody my grades. I've also been relatively silent on TLS (at least compared to earlier) since I moved to Chicago.

3. <3 fatduck and beachbum (EDIT: and paulina, didn't see you on the previous page).
Last edited by bk1 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:26 pm

kapital98 wrote:
fatduck wrote:

this post is awesome

Postby 071816 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:28 pm

LOL @ calling somebody out in the grade waiting thread

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:31 pm

validating the hell out of my decision not to participate in this thread

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:33 pm

bk1 wrote:
kapital98 wrote:
fatduck wrote:

this post is awesome

1. What the what?

2. I'm not telling anybody my grades. I've also been relatively silent on TLS (at least compared to earlier) since I moved to Chicago.

3. <3 fatduck and beachbum (EDIT: and paulina, didn't see you on the previous page).

We don't talk grades here. You will notice that this entire thread has zero NU people talking about specific grades or GPAs.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:35 pm

bdubs wrote:
bk1 wrote:We don't talk grades here. You will notice that this entire thread has zero NU people talking about specific grades or GPAs.

NU conspiracy exposed!

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:37 pm

bdubs wrote:We don't talk grades here. You will notice that this entire thread has zero NU people talking about specific grades or GPAs.

I'm really thankful for this. If our classmates constantly talked about or asked for specifics I still wouldn't tell them but it would be draining and annoying to deal with. I was actually worried that last Thursday was going to suck but for the most part it was like nothing much had changed.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:42 pm

bk1 wrote:
bdubs wrote:We don't talk grades here. You will notice that this entire thread has zero NU people talking about specific grades or GPAs.

I'm really thankful for this. If our classmates constantly talked about or asked for specifics I still wouldn't tell them but it would be draining and annoying to deal with. I was actually worried that last Thursday was going to suck but for the most part it was like nothing much had changed.

The only thing different, and horrible, about last Thursday was LPS. I can't believe I have to sit through another 2 hours of that this week.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:45 pm

This thread is supposed to be a nice, supportive place. Bashing someone for not doing well, not saying their grades, or giving obvious information about a school's poor prospects and how you're fucked is a lame thing to do here.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:49 pm

I like that classes for second semester start tomorrow and I still don't have all my fucking grades.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:51 pm

shock259 wrote:I like that classes for second semester start tomorrow and I still don't have all my fucking grades.

Starting the second week of classes tomorrow, and don't have any grades.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:51 pm

kapital98 wrote:
fatduck wrote:

this post is awesome

--ImageRemoved--

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”