1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:25 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:
studebaker07 wrote:I think they fixed them so quickly because some people complained when they had gotten a terrible grade like an F.

Prof in another section gave his crim class 3 D's and 4 F's. I thought profs didn't usually go below C/C-. Word is he gave a speech to the class about how he feels a strong duty to not pass students who he feels would lower the standard of the profession. Douche. Can't even fathom how those students feel.

The profession has standards to begin with?

According to him. He's a real self-important asshat to begin with. He apparently made a girl cry last semester in class. Can't imagine what he said to her to evoke that sort of emotion.

Our crim prof gave 3 D+'s and the equivalent of an F. That's all I can remember. But yeah, that's horrible.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:27 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:how are any of you even focusing right now?

i seriously can't do anything. i can't do readings. i can't do job apps. i hate moot court already and am just focusing on simply passing...

i'm so insanely lazy right now, and the most problematic thing is i really didn't do as well as i felt i could last semester, and i really need to do better. the way i'm going, i'll do a lot worse, though.

Ugh, I really hate moot court. What's your topic? I'm doing the international law one. I can't do anything either. I watched like 5 episodes of Spartacus last night and took a bath.. it was so awesome.

mine is on CA's three strikes law. i really don't care about moot court to be honest, haha.i feel little motivation to win those awards, or whatever.

i'm barely doing any of my readings for class. still need to write cover letters. all i'm looking forward to is the niners beating the saints tomorrow.

orm518

Postby orm518 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:45 pm

Way better than expected. Thanks TLS, good luck everyone else.

Unsubscribe thread.

Pink

Postby Pink » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Grades in, better than expected. :D Off to drink!

ran12

Postby ran12 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:35 pm

Law school sucks balls.

69Coronet

Postby 69Coronet » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:32 pm

You can say that again!^^^

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:32 pm

ran12 wrote:Law school sucks balls.

hopefulIPgirl

Postby hopefulIPgirl » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Last edited by hopefulIPgirl on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pokemon

Postby Pokemon » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:07 pm

hopefulIPgirl wrote:B+s all around including legal writing.

What's annoying is that I don't know if I've learned (m)any techniques in the first semester that may help with future performance. I kept up with my reading, went to office hours regularly if I had any questions and did quite a few practice tests (not all, but a decent number). I guess I could start my outline and start doing practice tests earlier in the semester.

Eh.

Just ask your professors. You ask all of them, maybe they all had something in common that they did not like about your exam. I think you can learn a lot with all B+, more so than having divergent grades. Having divergent grades does not really help, especially if you do better in classes you thought you bombed and worse in classes you thought you did well.

thesteelers

Postby thesteelers » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:39 am

69Coronet wrote:Got my grades.
Totally disappointed. Totally and completely disappointed, and a little shell shocked.
Disappointed with the 1 grade I have that is a final grade, disappointed with my midterm exams, totally disappointed.
No fucking clue what to do from here on out, guess I gotta go figure out what the fuck I need to change about my study habits.

Sorry to hear that Coronet, but if it makes you feel better I'm in the same boat. I didn't get my substantive grades back yet, but I got back the grade on my LRW memo.

I'm below median. I'm shocked, disheartened, unmotivated, angry and just generally pissed off. And to rub salt in the wound, the ditziest girl in my LRW section - like seriously she doesn't know anything about the industry or anything about law school, and she doesn't even really want to be a lawyer, and she says such ignorant things sometimes that you can only stare - got an A. What the fuck man.

I feel so fucking stupid and unqualified to be in law school, now that I know that everyone in class beat me. I got a B, the median is B+. This probably is a sign that I bombed my substantive classes too. I don't know what I will do to myself if I ended up below median in all of my exams.

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:41 am

thesteelers wrote:
Totally disappointed. Totally and completely disappointed, and a little shell shocked.
Disappointed with the 1 grade I have that is a final grade, disappointed with my midterm exams, totally disappointed.
No fucking clue what to do from here on out, guess I gotta go figure out what the fuck I need to change about my study habits.

Sorry to hear that Coronet, but if it makes you feel better I'm in the same boat. I didn't get my substantive grades back yet, but I got back the grade on my LRW memo.

I'm below median. I'm shocked, disheartened, unmotivated, angry and just generally pissed off. And to rub salt in the wound, the ditziest girl in my LRW section - like seriously she doesn't know anything about the industry or anything about law school, and she doesn't even really want to be a lawyer, and she says such ignorant things sometimes that you can only stare - got an A. What the fuck man.

I feel so fucking stupid and unqualified to be in law school, now that I know that everyone in class beat me. I got a B, the median is B+. This probably is a sign that I bombed my substantive classes too. I don't know what I will do to myself if I ended up below median in all of my exams.

Relax, many people's LRW grades don't correlate to their substantive course grades, they require very different skill sets.

thesteelers

Postby thesteelers » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:47 am

NYC Law wrote:
thesteelers wrote:

Relax, many people's LRW grades don't correlate to their substantive course grades, they require very different skill sets.

I hope you're right.

theavrock

Postby theavrock » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:24 am

Got my second grade. A- in Torts. Definitely happy with that and now the wait continues.

solotee

Postby solotee » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:31 am

thesteelers wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about LRW, nor would employers. LRW was my only B range grade, all others were A-'s and A's my first year of law school.

johansantana21

Postby johansantana21 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:07 am

thesteelers wrote:

Way to be a jealous judgmental douche.

thesteelers

Postby thesteelers » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:22 am

johansantana21 wrote:
thesteelers wrote:

How about fuck you? :-)

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:07 pm

thesteelers wrote:
johansantana21 wrote:
thesteelers wrote:
<douchery>

I'ma side with Johan Santana.

LawMan20

Postby LawMan20 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
thesteelers wrote:
johansantana21 wrote:
thesteelers wrote:
<douchery>

I'ma side with Johan Santana.

People actually take sides in TLS pissing matches? Sheesh

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:22 pm

LawMan20 wrote:
People actually take sides in TLS pissing matches? Sheesh

This isn't a pissing match. Santana informed someone they were being a judgmental douche. They told him to fuck off (denial). I reaffirmed Santana's opinion.

Also have to have solidarity up in the frigid north.

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:23 pm

I take sides with thesteelers. I have the type he described in some of my classes, and I can understand his frustration.

Also, I just noticed the duck has penises on his face.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:30 pm

NYC Law wrote:I take sides with thesteelers. I have the type he described in some of my classes, and I can understand his frustration.

:)

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:32 pm

NYC Law wrote:I take sides with thesteelers. I have the type he described in some of my classes, and I can understand his frustration.

Here's the full comic source:

--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Flips88 wrote:

Why-Mickey-Wears-Gloves-2.jpg[/img]

Zounds, I am undone!

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

Why-Mickey-Wears-Gloves-2.jpg[/img]

Zounds, I am undone!

I love the look of anticipation on his face in the 3rd cell.

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:17 pm

I had a dream last night that my last two grades were finally released, but even there I didn't get to see what they were. I refreshed the grade page and saw they were all there, but I covered up the actual grades like I always do (want to have good music playing first). Then I realized it was too good to be true that they'd all be up and that I was probably just dreaming, and then I woke up.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”