1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
merc280

Silver

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Post by merc280 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Got my first grade and its a C-. It was where I thought I did the worst and I guess that prediction was right. There goes my chances at alot of things good grades would have gotten me.

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:51 pm

Haymarket wrote:
adonai wrote:zomg how long does it take to grade TWENTY memos?!?!?! its been 5 weeks. even if the prof did 1 every other day would've been done by now
Law student math?
2+2.......is 5! :P

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:52 pm

Oh whoops forgot about grades. Pretty sure I got a C- in civ pro. Will check now.

Edit: Nothing yet. Just give me my C- already.

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:00 pm

merc280 wrote:Got my first grade and its a C-. It was where I thought I did the worst and I guess that prediction was right. There goes my chances at alot of things good grades would have gotten me.
Sorry to hear that. You still have other grades coming out though, so don't give up hope. What course was this for?

shoeshine

Silver

Post by shoeshine » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:00 pm

I am now aware that at least one of my grades has been posted. I am too scared to look. I rather wait till after Christmas.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:04 pm

shoeshine wrote:I am now aware that at least one of my grades has been posted. I am too scared to look. I rather wait till after Christmas.
Good luck!

merc280

Silver

Post by merc280 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:05 pm

adonai wrote:
merc280 wrote:Got my first grade and its a C-. It was where I thought I did the worst and I guess that prediction was right. There goes my chances at alot of things good grades would have gotten me.
Sorry to hear that. You still have other grades coming out though, so don't give up hope. What course was this for?

Property. new professor who gave me a B+ on my midterm that wasn't graded and this was his first time teaching.
the class is curved to a B-, so it turns out almost everyone in class did better than I did.

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:06 pm

merc280 wrote:
adonai wrote:

Property. new professor who gave me a B+ on my midterm that wasn't graded and this was his first time teaching.
the class is curved to a B-, so it turns out almost everyone in class did better than I did.
B- curve?!? Jeebus.

merc280

Silver

Post by merc280 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:09 pm

piccolittle wrote:
merc280 wrote:
adonai wrote:

B- curve?!? Jeebus.

benefits of a TTTT. And yet everyone is clearly doing much better than I am.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Naked Dude

Silver

Post by Naked Dude » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:22 pm

northwood wrote:grade prediction

Torts B
Crim B+
Leg Reg C+( have no clue how the one paper scores all is going to go- its literally a toss up and well im going to guess low and hope im waay low
Contracts B-
Oy. Don't even want to try grade predictions, especially for my legal writing class.

Contracts-seemed to be a strong contingent of people who had no idea what was going on. I felt like I probably studied the most for this class--first exam, panicked and spent most of the reading period studying for this one. Did the most practice exams for these, and the prof actually had model answers.

Crim--not super hard MC. Issue spotter that was almost too straightforward (bank robbery with a death--all MPC inchoate and murder), a choose your own policy question. Felt ok but so did everyone else.

Civ Pro--MC that everyone thought was monstrously hard. Thought the MC wasn't that difficult at all, sort of foundered on the fact pattern. Don't know what to think, not nearly as panicked as a lot of other people. Either really good or really bad.

Torts--last exam, new professor, didn't study too much from burnout. Straightforward, almost too straightforward. Got the impression that my professor was not too enthused about the class. That, on top of being bored to tears by the subject made it hard. Don't think I wrote enough, but fairly confident in what I did manage to get down. I think.

I have no idea. I felt miserable after my Civ Pro midterm and got an A. Hopefully my lack of confidence again translates to good grades. Fuck waiting.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:53 am

You guys have some nasty curves. My school curves to a B+. And we don't have an A+. It's going to be a pretty flat curve, me thinks.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:57 am

I desperately don't want and want to see my grades.

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:35 am

akili wrote:I desperately don't want and want to see my grades.
Is it too late to go back to kindergarten where everybody gets a prize for participation?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

in_reverie

New

Post by in_reverie » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:02 am

Trying to understand the logic where schools like mine hold back all the grades until they can be posted at once. My LRW professor had the memos done a week ago, but nobody is getting their grade until all the fricking professors have finished. And considering I just had my last final *today* (UC Davis - the last law school in the universe still in session), this will be sometime mid to late-January, I think.

I could get anywhere between a B- and an A in any of my classes and I wouldn't be surprised. On one hand, I'm pretty good at writing clean, well-articulated answers even when most student answers I read are clusterfucks. But then I remember how time got the best of me in EVERY single test to varying degrees...Civ Pro had three long fact-patterns and I fell behind on all of them, while in both Contracts and Crim, I really needed an additional five minutes on the last essay.

Good luck, everyone. Really going to do my best to enjoy break, but I know this will be in the back of my head for most of it.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:31 am

Checking in. Really don't have any clue how I did. The exams I feel pretty decent about everyone else feels good about as well. The one I feel shitty about everyone else does too. A couple people don't feel bad about the one I did shitty on, but I just assume they did it wrong, because the professor openly stated you won't finish, so that's why I feel bad. I took the time to attempt to do the exam right and only hit like 60-70% of the issues.

TheFutureLawyer

Gold

Post by TheFutureLawyer » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:38 am

lisjjen wrote:
akili wrote:I desperately don't want and want to see my grades.
Is it too late to go back to kindergarten where everybody gets a prize for participation?
This is all I ask.

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:00 am

in_reverie wrote:Trying to understand the logic where schools like mine hold back all the grades until they can be posted at once. My LRW professor had the memos done a week ago, but nobody is getting their grade until all the fricking professors have finished. And considering I just had my last final *today* (UC Davis - the last law school in the universe still in session), this will be sometime mid to late-January, I think.
Have my last final at Wisconsin today. FML. Envisioning not getting grades until March.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:28 am

Naked Dude wrote:
northwood wrote:grade prediction

Torts B
Crim B+
Leg Reg C+( have no clue how the one paper scores all is going to go- its literally a toss up and well im going to guess low and hope im waay low
Contracts B-
Oy. Don't even want to try grade predictions, especially for my legal writing class.

Contracts-seemed to be a strong contingent of people who had no idea what was going on. I felt like I probably studied the most for this class--first exam, panicked and spent most of the reading period studying for this one. Did the most practice exams for these, and the prof actually had model answers.

Crim--not super hard MC. Issue spotter that was almost too straightforward (bank robbery with a death--all MPC inchoate and murder), a choose your own policy question. Felt ok but so did everyone else.

Civ Pro--MC that everyone thought was monstrously hard. Thought the MC wasn't that difficult at all, sort of foundered on the fact pattern. Don't know what to think, not nearly as panicked as a lot of other people. Either really good or really bad.

Torts--last exam, new professor, didn't study too much from burnout. Straightforward, almost too straightforward. Got the impression that my professor was not too enthused about the class. That, on top of being bored to tears by the subject made it hard. Don't think I wrote enough, but fairly confident in what I did manage to get down. I think.

I have no idea. I felt miserable after my Civ Pro midterm and got an A. Hopefully my lack of confidence again translates to good grades. Fuck waiting.
I felt ok after civ pro midterm and got an A-.

But anyways, this is largely how I feel. Except our Civ Pro was a 2250 word count exam and I have no idea how to feel about it. I think I might have second guessed myself too much, there was just so much time...

And I feel like if I just missed one more mc in crim then everyone else, I will be screwed...

Also don't feel good about contracts anymore - made the mistake of looking at the test again and then felt horrible about it afterwords. I managed to write a lot for contracts and torts, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:48 am

im still reeling. B+. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:35 am

bartleby wrote:im still reeling. B+. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Was that for the exam where you missed a whole question? If so I'd say that's not bad.

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:51 am

Ludovico Technique wrote:
bartleby wrote:im still reeling. B+. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Was that for the exam where you missed a whole question? If so I'd say that's not bad.
Frankly I'm praying for a B+ average at this point, so congrats! lol

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:59 pm

nah this was for the torts exam that i felt "pretty good" about. and by "pretty good" i'm sure i told people i "destroyed it." i wonder if multiple choice did me in or if i should just sack up and say I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:07 pm

bartleby wrote:nah this was for the torts exam that i felt "pretty good" about. and by "pretty good" i'm sure i told people i "destroyed it." i wonder if multiple choice did me in or if i should just sack up and say I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH
In fairness, doing shitty on exams you felt good about and rocking exams you felt bad about seems to be a recurring theme on TLS. I'd wait until all your grades are in before you make any doomsday predictions.

Edit: Wait, just saw that your "shitty" performance was a B+. Relax.
Last edited by beachbum on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:10 pm

bartleby wrote:nah this was for the torts exam that i felt "pretty good" about. and by "pretty good" i'm sure i told people i "destroyed it." i wonder if multiple choice did me in or if i should just sack up and say I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH
Chill out, a B+ is good. Unless you go to Northwestern or something where median is like 3.5. But for the most part it's good.
Just remember it's all about the curve. I don't get how it's possible for anyone to feel like they 'destroyed' an exam. If it wasn't that tough then everyone else probably 'destroyed' it as well, leaving you somewhere in the middle.

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:26 pm

Stoked to be able to join officially!

I am done, done, done and I am getting drunk, drunk, drunk!!! Happy dance!!!

Oh we still have to get grades?? :(

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”