1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Dany

Diamond

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread

Post by Dany » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:33 pm

I don't ever want to look at my grades. This in-between time of being done with exams yet not having documented proof that I'm terrible at law school is fantastic.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:56 pm

jtoppe2 wrote:So, if in the other sections there are only morons (likely)

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:03 pm

Dany wrote:I don't ever want to look at my grades. This in-between time of being done with exams yet not having documented proof that I'm terrible at law school is fantastic.
completely agree

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:04 pm

beachbum wrote:
Dany wrote:I don't ever want to look at my grades. This in-between time of being done with exams yet not having documented proof that I'm terrible at law school is fantastic.
completely agree
was just going to +1 this

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:07 pm

Had my first grades-related dream last night. My contracts professor told me I got a discretionary C but she bumped it down to a C- for lack of attendance. Then after leaving her office I was chased by two different serial killers and fell off a building.

Sounds about right.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:08 pm

It just makes me sad, because I know that anybody I apply with or interview with will just be mad they wasted their time with me after grades are released.

merc280

Silver

Post by merc280 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:15 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
It just makes me sad, because I know that anybody I apply with or interview with will just be mad they wasted their time with me after grades are released.

yeah this is where my summer employment search has reached its dead end. I have employers asking if I have grades out yet, knowing full well I have 1 grade out, and its a C I tell them no. I have two offers contingent on at least median grades, which I know I obviously can't get with that C on my transcript.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:19 pm

merc280 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

yeah this is where my summer employment search has reached its dead end. I have employers asking if I have grades out yet, knowing full well I have 1 grade out, and its a C I tell them no. I have two offers contingent on at least median grades, which I know I obviously can't get with that C on my transcript.
ouch dude, i'm sorry

CactusPuppy

New

Post by CactusPuppy » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:24 pm

piccolittle wrote:Had my first grades-related dream last night. My contracts professor told me I got a discretionary C but she bumped it down to a C- for lack of attendance. Then after leaving her office I was chased by two different serial killers and fell off a building.

Sounds about right.
I had similar nightmares. In one, I received a C in Torts and was kicked out of school for doing so poorly. In reality, I thankfully ended up getting better than a C.

In another, I dreamed that I received a C- in Legal Writing. Terrifying. That grade is still not in.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:38 pm

reading this thread is making me want to go take a shot, which i might do. can't imagine how shit's gonna be in a couple weeks

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:21 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:reading this thread is making me want to go take a shot, which i might do. can't imagine how shit's gonna be in a couple weeks
Come to Chicago anytime after the 3rd. Shots can be had.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:42 pm

I had a dream I got a B+ in Civ Pro last night.

...I didn't want to wake up from such a good dream!

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:05 pm

Hahaha, right on for not wanting to know. Our Legal Practice is not graded and I didn't even want to look at my final brief until after break lol.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:07 pm

It's one thing to torture yourself thinking what you missed on an exam, it's another thing to talk about the exam with your classmates. I wanted to avoid any discussion of the exam. Except today one of my classmate/facebook friends posted this thing on his wall listing the issues on our torts exam. Why? It's just so annoying. I think I need to unsubscribe from the facebook feed of everyone in my section.

marmot8

New

Post by marmot8 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:12 pm

cinephile wrote:It's one thing to torture yourself thinking what you missed on an exam, it's another thing to talk about the exam with your classmates. I wanted to avoid any discussion of the exam. Except today one of my classmate/facebook friends posted this thing on his wall listing the issues on our torts exam. Why? It's just so annoying. I think I need to unsubscribe from the facebook feed of everyone in my section.
All I can say is...why? Insufferable people are insufferable.

D'Angelo

Bronze

Post by D'Angelo » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:27 pm

:shock: the most obnoxious people here on facebook are only doing things like asking when grades come out for us

quixotical

Bronze

Post by quixotical » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:28 pm

akili wrote:I had a dream I got a B+ in Civ Pro last night.

...I didn't want to wake up from such a good dream!
This happened to me, except it was an A in Crim. My subsconcious is setting me up for a big fall... :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

quixotical

Bronze

Post by quixotical » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:31 pm

cinephile wrote: Except today one of my classmate/facebook friends posted this thing on his wall listing the issues on our torts exam.
I would actually love it if someone did this. I'm one of those crazy people who compulsively do exam post-mortems, but knowing that most other people don't like them, I never ask my classmates. Instead I go crazy double-checking my answers and looking things up even when I know it's useless...

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:27 am

cinephile wrote: Except today one of my classmate/facebook friends posted this thing on his wall listing the issues on our torts exam.
Break his legs.

Ford Prefect

Bronze

Post by Ford Prefect » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:34 am

The existence of this thread reminds me how badly grades make me want to throw up.

Mine won't come out until at least the 3rd. Most likely the 9th.

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:26 am

So, if in the other sections there are only morons (likely), so
lmfao :roll:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DocHawkeye

Silver

Post by DocHawkeye » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:44 am

Ford Prefect wrote:The existence of this thread reminds me how badly grades make me want to throw up.

Mine won't come out until at least the 3rd. Most likely the 9th.
My classes begin on the 9th. Please tell me they will be out before then. I took my last exam two weeks ago tomorrow.

delusional

Silver

Post by delusional » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:56 am

cinephile wrote:It's one thing to torture yourself thinking what you missed on an exam, it's another thing to talk about the exam with your classmates. I wanted to avoid any discussion of the exam. Except today one of my classmate/facebook friends posted this thing on his wall listing the issues on our torts exam. Why? It's just so annoying. I think I need to unsubscribe from the facebook feed of everyone in my section.
Hope it wasn't me. I am guilty of posting one issue that I realized that I missed.

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:10 am

My school apparently charges a late fee for professors turning their grades in late (the deadline is at the end of January). One of my professors budgets in paying the late fee for all of his classes.

CactusPuppy

New

Post by CactusPuppy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:13 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:My school apparently charges a late fee for professors turning their grades in late (the deadline is at the end of January). One of my professors budgets in paying the late fee for all of his classes.
My school also charges our profs a fee for late grading. Yet in spite of the fee, many profs still wait till February to post. smh

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”