Legislation and Regulation Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
nmcdgt

Bronze

Legislation and Regulation

Post by nmcdgt » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:14 am

The only exam I have left. No real material to practice with. Anyone have an old exam or any study suggestions besides just the book and class notes?

northwood

Platinum

Re: Legislation and Regulation

Post by northwood » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:33 am

nmcdgt wrote:The only exam I have left. No real material to practice with. Anyone have an old exam or any study suggestions besides just the book and class notes?

my leg reg class is heavy with statutory interpretation. You could go through a statue and try to identify using different canons and reasoning ( textualism, purposism, ) and see how they would come to play in the statue. or you could identify both sides to the issues of a bill and see how htey would interpret it using the chevron test model, or something along those lines

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:01 pm

betasteve wrote:I memorized the US Code and unpublished bills. I know all the legislation.
Buuuuttttt ... what about the regulation?

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:16 pm

shock259 wrote:
betasteve wrote:I memorized the US Code and unpublished bills. I know all the legislation.
Buuuuttttt ... what about the regulation?

dont you see his avatar.. clearly his word and will is the regulation, and his mind is the only thing that is allowed to create the legislation. the typeface is just a facade, a red herring if you will..... dont be fooled

NeighborGuy

Bronze

Post by NeighborGuy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:20 pm

lol

Also, my legreg test was half stat interpretation and half pure policy. Though, this class is probably so different across schools that your class notes and memories about whatever the professor harped on all semester will probably be your best guide for preparation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”