"If the Supreme Court doesn't strike it down, I will"-Romney

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Extension_Cord

"If the Supreme Court doesn't strike it down, I will"-Romney

Postby Extension_Cord » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Romney just said this on the health care mandate.

Discuss in IRAC format.

fatduck

Re: "If the Supreme Court doesn't strike it down, I will"-Romney

Postby fatduck » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:35 pm

Executive Order 66.

luthersloan

Postby luthersloan » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:36 pm

Who are the Jedi in this analysis, democrats or SCOTUS?

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:36 pm

Issue: What is the law?

Rule: Mitt Romney is the law.

Rule Explanation: Mitt Romney yelled "I AM THE LAW"

Application: Mitt Romney can probably shoot a grenade into the Affordable Care Act.

Conclusion: The law is whatever Mitt Romney says it is.

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:39 pm

"Unless I [The Donald] conclusively agree not to run as an Independent, they will not agree to the Newsmax debate scheduled for December 27, 2011," Trump said in a statement, CBS News reports. "I must leave all of my options open because, above all else, we must make America great again!"

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics ... ald/46016/

Extension_Cord

Postby Extension_Cord » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:40 pm

Hannibal wrote:Issue: What is the law?

Application: Mitt Romney can probably shoot a grenade into the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional mandate.

Fixed.

B-

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:41 pm

I.P. Daly wrote:
"Unless I [The Donald] conclusively agree not to run as an Independent, they will not agree to the Newsmax debate scheduled for December 27, 2011," Trump said in a statement, CBS News reports. "I must leave all of my options open because, above all else, we must make America great again!"

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics ... ald/46016/

good to see santorum standing up for what's right

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:47 pm

Extension_Cord wrote:

Application: Mitt Romney can probably shoot a grenade into the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional mandate.

Fixed.

B-

FUUUUU TOO REALISTIC

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:50 pm

fatduck wrote:Executive Order 66.

Holy shit when did you get back.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:58 pm

Forget Romney. (I'll probably get banned for this). Here's what we should be talking about:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12 ... -invented/

Perhaps all those UN resolutions and so forth were just so much bullshit? They didn't read their middle east history closely enough?

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:00 am

luthersloan wrote:Who are the Jedi in this analysis, democrats or SCOTUS?

the ones in robes, obviously

TheFutureLawyer

Postby TheFutureLawyer » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:03 am

Application: Mitt Romney can probably shoot a grenade into the Affordable Care Act.

You had me at "Mitt Romney is the law."

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:27 am

IBTJudgeDredd

TaipeiMort

Postby TaipeiMort » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:56 am

Extension_Cord wrote:Romney just said this on the health care mandate.

Discuss in IRAC format.

Issue: How can a partisan hack make conservatives look bad?

Rule: Provide quotes which make conservative candidates appear woefully uninformed.

Application: A quote is provided out of context which makes Romney look like he feels he will have unilateral power to overrule Supreme Court decisions, even though he is likely referencing his power to encourage piecemeal legislation to defund the healthcare bill.

Conclusion: You are prideful and foolish to think that a graduate of Harvard Law and MBA schools, founder/president of Bain Capital, and former governor would believe that an executive has unilateral authority to strike down judicial decisions.

TheFutureLawyer

Postby TheFutureLawyer » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:01 am

TaipeiMort wrote:

Discuss in IRAC format.

Rule: Provide quotes which make conservative candidates appear woefully uninformed.

Application: A quote is provided out of context which makes Romney look like he feels he will have unilateral power to overrule Supreme Court decisions, even though he is likely referencing his power to encourage piecemeal legislation to defund the healthcare bill.

Conclusion: You are prideful and foolish to think that a graduate of Harvard Law and MBA schools, founder/president of Bain Capital, and former governor would believe that an executive has unilateral authority to strike down judicial decisions.

Issue: Why can't we have fun threads?

Rule: Killjoys and trolls will suck fun and meaning out of all threads and life.

Application: TaipeiMort in this very thread.

Conclusion: Romney did not graduate from Harvard Law (nm - damnit).

TaipeiMort

Postby TaipeiMort » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:08 am

TheFutureLawyer wrote:
TaipeiMort wrote:

Discuss in IRAC format.

Issue: Why can't we have fun threads?

Rule: Killjoys and trolls will suck fun and meaning out of all threads and life.

Application: TaipeiMort in this very thread.

Conclusion: Romney did not graduate from Harvard Law (nm - damnit).

Dude, you are right. It would be more pimp if the president would occasionally slap the supreme court down. Maybe he could claim that striking down the health care law was a necessary part of upholding an self-enforcing international agreement, so he is outside the purvey of Congress or the Courts.

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:11 am

If Obama, as president, can covertly destroy Christmas, why can't Romney, if elected president, overtly destroy health care reform?

Extension_Cord

Postby Extension_Cord » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:12 am

TaipeiMort wrote:

Discuss in IRAC format.

When the lights are on one of the presidential frontrunners and they "slip" and say something they may have understood but didn't intend, =/= taking it out of context. This was Romney's, "Look at me I'm a strong leader moment," but it is unfounded. I'm sure he knew what he meant and he probably said that knowing what he said was incorrect to feed the sheep, but doesn't negate the fact that he expressly said he would have unattainable power as a president. There are plenty of videos of content being taken out of context, this isn't one of them.

Whats he gonna do when hes debating Obama and he says something stupid like that? Whats Obama goning to do? Hes goning to laugh. What will the conservative do when Obama laughs?

--ImageRemoved--

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:19 am

At least Romney isn't a drooling, blithering, blight on the face of humanity like Perry is.

TaipeiMort

Postby TaipeiMort » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:19 am

Extension_Cord wrote:
TaipeiMort wrote:

Discuss in IRAC format.

When the lights are on one of the presidential frontrunners and they "slip" and say something they may have understood but didn't intend, =/= taking it out of context. This was Romney's, "Look at me I'm a strong leader moment," but it is unfounded. I'm sure he knew what he meant and he probably said that knowing what he said was incorrect to feed the sheep, but doesn't negate the fact that he expressly said he would have unattainable power as a president. There are plenty of videos of content being taken out of context, this isn't one of them.

Whats he gonna do when hes debating Obama and he says something stupid like that? Whats Obama goning to do? Hes goning to laugh. What will the conservative do when Obama laughs?

--ImageRemoved--

I think Perry is just dumb. IE yesterday's comments on justice "MonteMayer" and the 8 person supreme court.

I mean as I said earlier maybe Romney could defund it through a self-executing international agreement which implicate's the nation's sustainable healthcare system. See (I) Am. Ins. Assn. v. Garamendi, (II) Dames & Moore v. Regan.

Gecko of Doom

Postby Gecko of Doom » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:20 am

I.P. Daly wrote:If Obama, as president, can covertly destroy Christmas, why can't Romney, if elected president, overtly destroy health care reform?

Covertly? Didn't he run on a platform of instituting a European-style "feed Christians to lions" policy?

Extension_Cord

Postby Extension_Cord » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:24 am

Gecko of Doom wrote:
I.P. Daly wrote:If Obama, as president, can covertly destroy Christmas, why can't Romney, if elected president, overtly destroy health care reform?

Covertly? Didn't he run on a platform of instituting a European-style "feed Christians to lions" policy?

Obama is setting up secret FEMA camps and marking all US Christians mail-boxes so when the time comes all Christians can be round up and taken to these FEMA camps.

Good bye Habeas Corpus.

Abe Lincoln. Barrack Obama. Habeas Corpus.

Coincidence? I think not.

mmribail

Postby mmribail » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:37 am

lmao

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:10 am

TaipeiMort wrote:I think Perry is just dumb. IE yesterday's comments on justice "MonteMayer" and the 8 person supreme court.

Native Texan and hate Perry with a passion but in his defense he was talking about the 8 judges who ruled on the bible case he was talking about, not the court as a whole. Granted he referenced the wrong year...and butchered a Supreme Court Justices name, but let him have that small victory.

Extension_Cord

Postby Extension_Cord » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 am

fathergoose wrote:
TaipeiMort wrote:I think Perry is just dumb. IE yesterday's comments on justice "MonteMayer" and the 8 person supreme court.

Native Texan and hate Perry with a passion but in his defense he was talking about the 8 judges who ruled on the bible case he was talking about, not the court as a whole. Granted he referenced the wrong year...and butchered a Supreme Court Justices name, but let him have that small victory.

In Perry terms, this was a Great victory.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”