Yo, law review/journal mastermen -

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
dudders

Re: Yo, law review/journal mastermen -

Postby dudders » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:11 am

in re note v. comment, some schools/journals have them mean different things - some have two types of writing that are defined differently, others just have "notes" or just have "comments" and they're basically the same thing.

ours must be at least 8,000 words

Norwood

Postby Norwood » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Our comment is about 30-40 pages, double spaced.

Publishable quality?? Gosh, I'm just struggling to get something together so I can get any sort of editor position! Does anyone else feel this way? I completely dropped the ball on this comment and didn't begin researching/writing until finals were over. How difficult is it to get any sort of editor position? I'm debating whether I should grind it out for 3-4 more days writing this comment or just relax and enjoy the rest of my break...

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:56 pm

Norwood wrote:Our comment is about 30-40 pages, double spaced.

Publishable quality?? Gosh, I'm just struggling to get something together so I can get any sort of editor position! Does anyone else feel this way? I completely dropped the ball on this comment and didn't begin researching/writing until finals were over. How difficult is it to get any sort of editor position? I'm debating whether I should grind it out for 3-4 more days writing this comment or just relax and enjoy the rest of my break...

If it isn't LR EIC, it probably isn't worth it.

philly_law

Postby philly_law » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:08 pm

I'm in the same boat, except I don't even want to run for the ed. board. I'm so sick of this comment, I really hate writing it. I just want to be done so I can never think about it again. I just have to make sure I get credit, I can't believe I'm wasting my break on this nonsense.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:24 pm

Can I just say how wonderful it is to not have to write a comment? I can't believe no one really tried to sign up for this research paper in place of a comment...which is the only explanation I can think of as to why I was chosen.

stab master arson

Postby stab master arson » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Veyron wrote:How many pages are student comments usually?

Too many.
Veyron wrote:What makes something "publication quality?"

Being written by one of the editors' sorority pals.

alabamabound

Postby alabamabound » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:15 pm

G. T. L. Rev. wrote:

The answer to your question depends on why you want the board position.

Hey G.T.L.,

What are your thoughts on LR board positions for people who aren't trying for clerkships? Masochistic madness? Completely reasonable way to stay interested during 3L? Something in between?

alabamabound

Postby alabamabound » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:55 am

G. T. L. Rev. wrote:
alabamabound wrote:Hey G.T.L.,

What are your thoughts on LR board positions for people who aren't trying for clerkships? Masochistic madness? Completely reasonable way to stay interested during 3L? Something in between?

Masochistic madness sounds about right.

Haha. thanks.

abl

Postby abl » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:27 pm

I like that the Stanford Law Review website doesn't know how to properly use the word "centered." (HINT: You can't be centered "around" something. That makes no sense. You are centered ON something)

According to Merriam-Webster, "center around" is an acceptable idiom. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictiona ... 1295431622. Good try, though.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”