My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BeenDidThat
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:18 am

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby BeenDidThat » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Extension_Cord wrote:
kwais wrote:
c3pO4 wrote:if this guy decides to try law school again, I'd kick his ass to the curb. it's cool that you're supportive even though he boned this semester, but if he's too stubborn/stupid/delusional to take a hint and get a job and forget about law school, you don't want him dragging you down


you are one of the shittiest people on the internets


This.


If I ever have a psychotic break and kill a random person, I hope it's c3pO4.

c3pO4
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby c3pO4 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:37 pm

BeenDidThat wrote:
Extension_Cord wrote:
kwais wrote:
c3pO4 wrote:if this guy decides to try law school again, I'd kick his ass to the curb. it's cool that you're supportive even though he boned this semester, but if he's too stubborn/stupid/delusional to take a hint and get a job and forget about law school, you don't want him dragging you down


you are one of the shittiest people on the internets


This.


If I ever have a psychotic break and kill a random person, I hope it's c3pO4.


nice. death threats on the internet...

BeenDidThat
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:18 am

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby BeenDidThat » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:39 pm

c3pO4 wrote:
BeenDidThat wrote:
Extension_Cord wrote:
kwais wrote:
you are one of the shittiest people on the internets


This.


If I ever have a psychotic break and kill a random person, I hope it's c3pO4.


nice. death threats on the internet...


That's not a death threat, you silly piece of shit.

But your reading comprehension belies the reason you're trolling on here; you struck out at OCI and now you want to bring other people down. I'd feel bad for you if you weren't such a cocksucker.

c3pO4
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby c3pO4 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:42 pm

BeenDidThat wrote:
That's not a death threat, you silly piece of shit.

But your reading comprehension belies the reason you're trolling on here; you struck out at OCI and now you want to bring other people down. I'd feel bad for you if you weren't such a cocksucker.


/thread

mrloblaw
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby mrloblaw » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:43 pm

c3pO4 wrote:
BeenDidThat wrote:
That's not a death threat, you silly piece of shit.

But your reading comprehension belies the reason you're trolling on here; you struck out at OCI and now you want to bring other people down. I'd feel bad for you if you weren't such a cocksucker.


/thread


Well this got anti-climatic reel fast.

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby piccolittle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:43 pm

Echoing the general sentiment that you are a very good girlfriend.

Don't have any advice for you other than to be very, very, very careful that he doesn't EVER see this thread.

johndhi
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:25 am

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby johndhi » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:59 pm

Your boyfriend is a lucky man. Many people would love the opportunity to re-do 1L.

User avatar
stuffnuff
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:29 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby stuffnuff » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:07 pm

johndhi wrote:Your boyfriend is a lucky man. Many people would love the opportunity to re-do 1L.


And to have a girlfriend.

target
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby target » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:09 pm

stuffnuff wrote:
johndhi wrote:Your boyfriend is a lucky man. Many people would love the opportunity to re-do 1L.


And to have a girlfriend.


:lol:

FordhamBrah
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:51 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby FordhamBrah » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:56 pm

stuffnuff wrote:
johndhi wrote:Your boyfriend is a lucky man. Many people would love the opportunity to re-do 1L.


And to have a girlfriend.



Image

thegrayman
Posts: 498
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby thegrayman » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:03 am

FordhamBrah wrote:
stuffnuff wrote:
johndhi wrote:Your boyfriend is a lucky man. Many people would love the opportunity to re-do 1L.


And to have a girlfriend.



Image


I've seen that damn pic a million times and I can tell I'm going crazy because that just made me crack up like no tomorrow

:lol:

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby romothesavior » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:08 am

concerned_one wrote:
TempleU555555 wrote:I'm in a similar situation; could you tell me what school he's at (just curious)..

Thanks!


Check your private messages, thanks

LOL

Odds OP and her boyfriend had an awkward conversation this evening?

User avatar
I.P. Daly
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby I.P. Daly » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:14 pm

When I was a 1L, some wise 3L's taught me that when you're feeling burnt out, you can extinguish the flames with a burnt umber colored beverage.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Based on the scant information shared in this thread, I think that your boyfriend should drop-out. Legal writing & research is, arguably, the most important first year course since it requires one to demonstrate real world legal skills. LR&W requires law students to use what they have learned. If your boyfriend failed LR&W, then he just doesn't get it. This could change in a year or two, however, if he is willing to take a break & start over. If not, then he may fail out.

P.S. Having an "F" removed from his law school record is significant, although it may also be unethical, in my opinion.

P.P.S. After taking a break, try to find a part-time law program with Pass/Fail LR&W grading if he still wants to attend law school.

thesteelers
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 6:06 am

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby thesteelers » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:15 pm

Does your bf have family connections in the profession? I mean like actual family connections that will get him a job, not "cousin is a first year associate." I have seen some people with pretty unimpressive grades waltzing back to family practices. They didn't do so badly as to fail, but they were the middle of the pack.

And I dunno how relevant this is, but does your boyfriend go to a T10 school? Wasn't there a thread earlier this semester about some guy at HYS who failed LRW? What happened to him?

Maybe if your bf goes to a top school and has family connections, he can survive an F in LRW. Probably not, to be honest, but failing LRW at Harvard and then having a little family practice to go back to would be the only situation where your bf could possibly survive this. Good luck, whatever he decides.

User avatar
Extension_Cord
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:15 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby Extension_Cord » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:27 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Based on the scant information shared in this thread, I think that your boyfriend should drop-out. Legal writing & research is, arguably, the most important first year course since it requires one to demonstrate real world legal skills. LR&W requires law students to use what they have learned. If your boyfriend failed LR&W, then he just doesn't get it. This could change in a year or two, however, if he is willing to take a break & start over. If not, then he may fail out.

P.S. Having an "F" removed from his law school record is significant, although it may also be unethical, in my opinion.

P.P.S. After taking a break, try to find a part-time law program with Pass/Fail LR&W grading if he still wants to attend law school.


Unless he knows what to work on, what difference will it make?

User avatar
BrojaySimpson
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby BrojaySimpson » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:33 am

romothesavior wrote:
concerned_one wrote:
TempleU555555 wrote:I'm in a similar situation; could you tell me what school he's at (just curious)..

Thanks!


Check your private messages, thanks

LOL

Odds OP and her boyfriend had an awkward conversation this evening?


Odds that OP is having this awkward conversation after she gives him a handjob with her mouth?

shmoo597
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:31 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby shmoo597 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:45 am

Lets talk about what you should do: dump his ass ASAP. You do not want to associate yourself with a loser who can't even handle law school, especially when he will be jobless and deeply in debt. Get out while you still can.

User avatar
omninode
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby omninode » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:50 am

shmoo597 wrote:Lets talk about what you should do: dump his ass ASAP. You do not want to associate yourself with a loser who can't even handle law school, especially when he will be jobless and deeply in debt. Get out while you still can.

If somebody can't make it as a lawyer, they don't deserve love? Nice.

luthersloan
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby luthersloan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:04 am

no one deserves love.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: My boyfriend is burnt out. Help.

Postby romothesavior » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:08 am

People, people, people... we're missing the funny part of this thread.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests