Dealing with lots of majority and minority rules on an exam Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
dabomb75

Bronze

Dealing with lots of majority and minority rules on an exam

Post by dabomb75 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:30 pm

I have an organizational question about dealing with tons of forks when I'm doing the analysis of the issues

Lets say that there's Rule A (majority rule) and Rule B (minority rule)

Then for a different issue there's Rule C (majority) and Rule D (minority)

and a final third issue w/ Rule E (majority) and Rule F (minority)

The question I have would be easier to show with a flowchart, but:

we do the analysis and mention rules A and B as possibilities for issue #1

then when doing issue 2, am I supposed to say "assuming Rule A applies then it could be either Rule C or Rule D. However if Rule B applies then Rule C or Rule D would make it come out this way"?

And then when doing issue 3, I would have 4 different possibilities: A+C, A+D, B+C, B+D. I don't understand how on a question where there are 7-8 different issues that would be like 32 or 64 different possible paths. It's not making sense organizationally how I'm supposed to do that.

This only seems to be coming up in my property class, since there's a majority and minority rule for everything it seems

And our professor definitely wants us to mention the minority rules on the test

target

Silver

Re: Dealing with lots of majority and minority rules on an exam

Post by target » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:37 pm

dabomb75 wrote:I have an organizational question about dealing with tons of forks when I'm doing the analysis of the issues

Lets say that there's Rule A (majority rule) and Rule B (minority rule)

Then for a different issue there's Rule C (majority) and Rule D (minority)

and a final third issue w/ Rule E (majority) and Rule F (minority)

The question I have would be easier to show with a flowchart, but:

we do the analysis and mention rules A and B as possibilities for issue #1

then when doing issue 2, am I supposed to say "assuming Rule A applies then it could be either Rule C or Rule D. However if Rule B applies then Rule C or Rule D would make it come out this way"?

And then when doing issue 3, I would have 4 different possibilities: A+C, A+D, B+C, B+D. I don't understand how on a question where there are 7-8 different issues that would be like 32 or 64 different possible paths. It's not making sense organizationally how I'm supposed to do that.

This only seems to be coming up in my property class, since there's a majority and minority rule for everything it seems

And our professor definitely wants us to mention the minority rules on the test
This is exactly what I feel right now. I am interested to see if anyone has any advice. I am planning just to mention briefly, in one or two sentences, the minority rule (or one that not favor by my professor) and say how the result would be without re-analyzing the issue.

portaprokoss

Bronze

Post by portaprokoss » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Ask your prof.

dabomb75

Bronze

Post by dabomb75 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:36 pm

portaprokoss wrote:Ask your prof.
I did that and his only response was a very vague "I don't really care how you organize it, I'll find all your answers no matter how you write it". So basically he didn't answer my question at all

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”