Vicarious Liability - Took my torts exam today

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
sam_f

Vicarious Liability - Took my torts exam today

Postby sam_f » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Deleted/
Last edited by sam_f on Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanwinkle

Re: Vicarious Liability - Took my torts exam today

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Question: Are you possibly going wrong now by discussing the content of pending law exam with other law students in violation of rules imposed by your school and/or professor?

sam_f

Postby sam_f » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:57 pm

vanwinkle wrote:Question: Are you possibly going wrong now by discussing the content of pending law exam with other law students in violation of rules imposed by your school and/or professor?

The exam is over, all 1L's at my school took their torts exam today. Why would it matter?

ph14

Postby ph14 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:01 pm

Better to answer it, professors generally don't take off points*. You might just not get any points.

*Obviously this depends completely on the professor.

booboo

Postby booboo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:02 pm

Rather, vanwinkle is implying that you probably aren't of the knowledge if every single person took the exam and Professors are quite protective of exam information within a certain period. He is just teaching caution.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:03 pm

sam_f wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:Question: Are you possibly going wrong now by discussing the content of pending law exam with other law students in violation of rules imposed by your school and/or professor?

The exam is over, all 1L's at my school took their torts exam today. Why would it matter?

1) Are you sure about that? There may be a student who did not take today and was granted a 2-week extension due to personal reasons or something like that. You don't know that every other student has taken it.

2) Even if all students have taken it, your school may still prohibit discussion of the exam. You've given enough detail for the professor to know you were in his class, and your username sounds a lot like a first name and last initial. You're playing with fire, IMO.

sam_f

Postby sam_f » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:06 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
sam_f wrote:

1) Are you sure about that? There may be a student who did not take today and was granted a 2-week extension due to personal reasons or something like that. You don't know that every other student has taken it.

2) Even if all students have taken it, your school may still prohibit discussion of the exam. You've given enough detail for the professor to know you were in his class, and your username sounds a lot like a first name and last initial. You're playing with fire, IMO.

You are probably right. I am sure there's a gunner out there that would gladly report me to increase his chances of an A.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:07 pm

Took pity on OP, edited out quotation of his post by other posters.

With OP's question withdrawn, /thread.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”