Best Beer for ADR Take Home Exam Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
schwar46

Bronze

Re: Best Beer for ADR Take Home Exam

Post by schwar46 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:40 am

Get stoopid with me.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:31 am

A good local IPA is O'Fallon 5 Day IPA. Love that beer.

So glad I dropped ADR. Someone told me to bail on it and I never looked back. Hope you're making steady progress on the exam.

Very interested in who you are, BTW.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:38 am

schwar46

Bronze

Post by schwar46 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:26 pm

At the risk of harming my street cred- my girlfriend turned me on to this stuff. It's sweet, sour... a good brief vacation from beer.

orm518

Bronze

Post by orm518 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:37 pm

schwar46 wrote: At the risk of harming my street cred- my girlfriend turned me on to this stuff. It's sweet, sour... a good brief vacation from beer.
Lambics are great. If you like that try a Geuze, its essentially a Lambic without any fruit. It's sour in its own right with citrusy hop flavors.

Or another similar style is a Saison, a Belgian farmhouse ale that's dry, tart, and refreshing.

Hope I didn't lose any of MY street cred there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rinehart27

New

Post by rinehart27 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:19 am

orm518 wrote:
schwar46 wrote: At the risk of harming my street cred- my girlfriend turned me on to this stuff. It's sweet, sour... a good brief vacation from beer.
Lambics are great. If you like that try a Geuze, its essentially a Lambic without any fruit. It's sour in its own right with citrusy hop flavors.

Or another similar style is a Saison, a Belgian farmhouse ale that's dry, tart, and refreshing.

Yeah.. no.
First off, in my opinion, that stuff is way too expensive for what you get. Second, it's not beer. Well, it is but it isn't. If you're going to drink a beer while hating school, a lambic is not it.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:24 am

rinehart27 wrote:
orm518 wrote:

Yeah.. no.
First off, in my opinion, that stuff is way too expensive for what you get. Second, it's not beer. Well, it is but it isn't. If you're going to drink a beer while hating school, a lambic is not it.
Hey! That stuff tastes good. Call me whatever you want, I can tell you to fuck off and we'll be even.

Lagunitas is a dangerous brewery: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5C8tyLQ ... e=youtu.be

quakeroats

Silver

Post by quakeroats » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:47 am

rinehart27 wrote:
orm518 wrote:

Yeah.. no.
I think these are more in line with your taste/value equation:

rinehart27

New

Post by rinehart27 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:11 am

hahah. no, but the 'night train express' is a stellar name.

im just sayin, lindemans is too expensive. it doesn't taste bad, but its not a real beer (opinion, I know) and it's not particularly drinkable. There are absolutely excellent beers you can get for 30-50 a case that are much better.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

quakeroats

Silver

Post by quakeroats » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:22 am

rinehart27 wrote:hahah. no, but the 'night train express' is a stellar name.

im just sayin, lindemans is too expensive. it doesn't taste bad, but its not a real beer (opinion, I know) and it's not particularly drinkable. There are absolutely excellent beers you can get for 30-50 a case that are much better.
You're doing it wrong. Drink beer like you enjoy it, i.e., slowly, and without drinking so much that you can't appreciate what's going on.

orm518

Bronze

Post by orm518 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:49 am

quakeroats wrote:You're doing it wrong. Drink beer like you enjoy it, i.e., slowly, and without drinking so much that you can't appreciate what's going on.
+1 for this guy

I wasn't saying a lambic or a saison was the ultimate expression of beer, I was just saying they're all solid styles. Love it all and like this guy says, drink it to enjoy it. If you happen to also get drunk, oh well, at least it was on something delicious and not on Natty Lite (which I've also had more times than I'd like to remember).

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:44 am

Look, I work at a bar with a ton of beers and I love a tasty craft beer as much as the next beer drinker, but beer snobbery is the absolute fucking worst. Sometimes, a man just wants a damn Budweiser or a PBR and party like its goin outta style. I know this may be difficult for someone like quaker oats to do, but get off your high horse.

orm518

Bronze

Post by orm518 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:55 am

romothesavior wrote:Look, I work at a bar with a ton of beers and I love a tasty craft beer as much as the next beer drinker, but beer snobbery is the absolute fucking worst. Sometimes, a man just wants a damn Budweiser or a PBR and party like its goin outta style. I know this may be difficult for an asswipe like quaker oats to do, but get off your high horse.
Whoo! I troll the middle ground....which I think a lot of people can do.

I love me some $12 for 750mL St. Bernardus Abt 12, but I also love a $5 six-pack of pint cans of 'Gansett (our local Bud-esque beer).

Like me some Bud too, if your STL heart needs reassuring.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

schwar46

Bronze

Post by schwar46 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:48 pm

orm518 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Look, I work at a bar with a ton of beers and I love a tasty craft beer as much as the next beer drinker, but beer snobbery is the absolute fucking worst. Sometimes, a man just wants a damn Budweiser or a PBR and party like its goin outta style. I know this may be difficult for an asswipe like quaker oats to do, but get off your high horse.
Whoo! I troll the middle ground....which I think a lot of people can do.

I love me some $12 for 750mL St. Bernardus Abt 12, but I also love a $5 six-pack of pint cans of 'Gansett (our local Bud-esque beer).

Like me some Bud too, if your STL heart needs reassuring.
Gansett eh? a New England man.

Smuttynose ftw.

orm518

Bronze

Post by orm518 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:17 am

schwar46 wrote:Gansett eh? a New England man.

Smuttynose ftw.
Yep. 'Gansett is about the only thing worth talking about from Rhode Island (though most of it is brewed and canned in NY).

I've never tried Smuttynose and I try to try everything at least once. Got a rec, Where should I start?

schwar46

Bronze

Post by schwar46 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:25 am

orm518 wrote:
schwar46 wrote:Gansett eh? a New England man.

Smuttynose ftw.
Yep. 'Gansett is about the only thing worth talking about from Rhode Island (though most of it is brewed and canned in NY).

I've never tried Smuttynose and I try to try everything at least once. Got a rec, Where should I start?
Can't go wrong my man. Shoals Pale Ale, IPA, Old Brown Dog Ale... depends on what kind of brew you prefer, but you won't be disappointed. Well, I hope you won't be.

schwar46

Bronze

Post by schwar46 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:27 am

romothesavior wrote:A good local IPA is O'Fallon 5 Day IPA. Love that beer.

So glad I dropped ADR. Someone told me to bail on it and I never looked back. Hope you're making steady progress on the exam.

If you go to bar reviews, we probably know each other.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:29 am

schwar46 wrote:

I run that shit, brah. 2L or 3L?

schwar46

Bronze

Post by schwar46 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:37 am

romothesavior wrote:
schwar46 wrote:

I run that shit, brah. 2L or 3L?
2L

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”