looking around the library and..

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
swilson215

Re: looking around the library and..

Postby swilson215 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:52 pm

poprox wrote:x2 on the "no lyrics" classical music (I love piano music).

also, the other poster was right on about drowning out the asshat 1L who inevitably effs up the scene for everyone studying. Hint: if you notice multiple people slipping on headphones or sliding the volume dial up while you're being loud around them, you're that person.

Right there with you...on both counts. except that i'm the bitch that won't put on my headphones, but rather give you the death glare. You don't catch the death glare and shut the hell up? i tell you to. I don't care if people don't like me. Well, I mean, I care, but the people who I want to like me do. And they're the type of people who aren't douchebags.

Plus, at my school most of the people who are just rude about noise in the library are the undergrads that come in to flirt with law students. Seriously, the guys in law school have easy pickings, if the UG campus attached to my LS is any indication. Y'all must get laid ALL of the time. these undergrad girls are desperate to land someone who is going to be making "serious" $$.

ClutchCity24

Postby ClutchCity24 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Throw on some Avicii, Porter Robinson, Zedd, or any other house/electric type music and just go into the zone. Keeps out all of the distractions.

FUBAR

Postby FUBAR » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:13 pm

Sometimes I'll wear headphones just to block out noise and so that people won't bother me. I won't actually be listening to anything.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:20 pm

swilson215 wrote:

also, the other poster was right on about drowning out the asshat 1L who inevitably effs up the scene for everyone studying. Hint: if you notice multiple people slipping on headphones or sliding the volume dial up while you're being loud around them, you're that person.

Right there with you...on both counts. except that i'm the bitch that won't put on my headphones, but rather give you the death glare. You don't catch the death glare and shut the hell up? i tell you to. I don't care if people don't like me. Well, I mean, I care, but the people who I want to like me do. And they're the type of people who aren't douchebags.

Plus, at my school most of the people who are just rude about noise in the library are the undergrads that come in to flirt with law students. Seriously, the guys in law school have easy pickings, if the UG campus attached to my LS is any indication. Y'all must get laid ALL of the time. these undergrad girls are desperate to land someone who is going to be making "serious" $$.

Lol amen to this. When I wear my law school sweatshirt around the undergrad areas, I somehow end up with much more attention from the girls than I'm used to getting. And I'm pretty sure it isn't due to good looks :) But nah, I'm not like that (usually...)

target

Postby target » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:22 am

FUBAR wrote:Sometimes I'll wear headphones just to block out noise and so that people won't bother me. I won't actually be listening to anything.

Amen to this.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:29 am

target wrote:
FUBAR wrote:Sometimes I'll wear headphones just to block out noise and so that people won't bother me. I won't actually be listening to anything.

Amen to this.

I do this sometimes. Mostly though I just listen to mellow music, ala death cab or snow patrol or something along those lines. Don't want to be distracted.

swilson215

Postby swilson215 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:35 am

queenlizzie13 wrote:
target wrote:

Amen to this.

I do this sometimes. Mostly though I just listen to mellow music, ala death cab or snow patrol or something along those lines. Don't want to be distracted.

+1. Iron and Wine is a personal mellow study fave.

crEEp

Postby crEEp » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:50 am

Me too, but I tend to prefer film scores, and usually listen to http://cinemix.us/ -- it's an incredible online radio station.

Ernert

Postby Ernert » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:07 am

ClutchCity24 wrote:Throw on some Avicii, Porter Robinson, Zedd, or any other house/electric type music and just go into the zone. Keeps out all of the distractions.

+1. Been using trance since high school for crunch time.

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:00 am

swilson215 wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:
target wrote:

Amen to this.

+1. Iron and Wine is a personal mellow study fave.

Good taste.

Cade McNown

Postby Cade McNown » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:13 am

OnlyRkNRollButILkeIt wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Online white noise generator.

You've just revolutionized my studying.

Holy Smoke, +1K

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”