best food to eat prior to a law school exam Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
goosey

Gold

Re: best food to eat prior to a law school exam

Post by goosey » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:24 pm

theavrock wrote:wtf is this shit?

If this is a real question go read the million threads about what to eat before the LSAT or what to eat when studying for the LSAT.
:lol:

what not to eat: a lot of cereal. the milk can cause issues when youre already anxious.

but yeah..ridic topic. go study. this isnt the olympics.

poprox

Bronze

Post by poprox » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:15 pm

It's a valid question, you want food that will give you energy and focus w.out G.I. issues or other probs. I recommend a mixed diet that's got a decent amount of protein. Maybe an egg or two, and some milk, crackers or bread, a small amount of fruit juice. Don't do regular milk if you've a lactose problem of course. Keep crackers and some water + juice on your desk at exam time. That will cover the munchies if you get the urge, and keep sugar and water available.

The last thing I would want to do is sugar crash during an exam and not have juice, or get a serious hunger pang but not have anything solid to chew.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:12 am

poprox wrote:It's a valid question, you want food that will give you energy and focus w.out G.I. issues or other probs. I recommend a mixed diet that's got a decent amount of protein. Maybe an egg or two, and some milk, crackers or bread, a small amount of fruit juice. Don't do regular milk if you've a lactose problem of course. Keep crackers and some water + juice on your desk at exam time. That will cover the munchies if you get the urge, and keep sugar and water available.

The last thing I would want to do is sugar crash during an exam and not have juice, or get a serious hunger pang but not have anything solid to chew.

yeah...and make sure whatever you have is unwrapped before the exam starts.

nobody wants to hear a wrapper crunching while theyre taking an exam and slowly dying on the inside.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:35 am

food does not matter at all. if feces has nutritional content, go with that.

beverages are what you should be worried about. don't fill up on caffeine and liquid. i would recommend only caffeine (half coffee when waking up, half 5 hour 10 minutes before test, and the second half 5 hour on the break) and absolutely no water from the minute you wake up.

NotMyRealName09

Silver

Post by NotMyRealName09 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:54 pm

Comfort food. What do you like most? Have a big ol' steak or something, something you love to eat during celebrations. Eat alot. You are going to need the energy. Screw your weight for the time being, extra pounds mean more energy to burn while stressed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OnlyRkNRollButILkeIt

New

Post by OnlyRkNRollButILkeIt » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:02 pm

Whatever you choose to eat beforehand, make sure you have your professor hand-feed you some skittles as soon as you're done. Works for Marshawn Lynch every time.

Dicta in a Box

New

Post by Dicta in a Box » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:08 pm

Michael_Vick wrote:I usually start the day off right by eating a big bucket of meth and 1/4 cup N.O Xplode. And, fuck bringing a coffee and a banana into the exam, I usually bring a FOURLOKO and shotgun that bitch as soon as the proctor gives us the go-ahead to start.
This.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”