Statute of Frauds

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
johansantana21

Statute of Frauds

Postby johansantana21 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Does the sale of goods $500 or more require writing only when between merchants or for everyone? It's UCC section 2-201(1)?

Extension_Cord

Re: Statute of Frauds

Postby Extension_Cord » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:57 pm

johansantana21 wrote:Does the sale of goods $500 or more require writing only when between merchants or for everyone? It's UCC section 2-201(1)?

everyone

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:41 pm

Extension_Cord wrote:
johansantana21 wrote:Does the sale of goods $500 or more require writing only when between merchants or for everyone? It's UCC section 2-201(1)?

everyone

yep.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:30 am

an 0L here so obviously i might be wrong..but my understanding is that a merchants agreement is an exception to SOF..

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:34 am

thederangedwang wrote:an 0L here so obviously i might be wrong..but my understanding is that a merchants agreement is an exception to SOF..

Go slam your head in the door, have a seat on the couch, and come back next year.

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:21 am

he's right...

merchants are an exception to SoF so long as a letter is sent within 10 days of the deal and it's not objected to by the offeree. There is a definition for merchants, tho, so make sure you are familiar w/ it if you are going to use this exception.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:20 pm

crit_racer wrote:he's right...

merchants are an exception to SoF so long as a letter is sent within 10 days of the deal and it's not objected to by the offeree. There is a definition for merchants, tho, so make sure you are familiar w/ it if you are going to use this exception.

I didn't mean to imply that he was wrong, only that 0L's should find a better use of their time then studying for exams that they won't be taking.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:35 pm

Renzo wrote:

I didn't mean to imply that he was wrong, only that 0L's should find a better use of their time then studying for exams that they won't be taking.

i was in an intro to law class for undergrad...we basically cover basic torts/contracts stuff...SOF was on the final.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:48 pm

thederangedwang wrote:
Renzo wrote:

i was in an intro to law class for undergrad...we basically cover basic torts/contracts stuff...SOF was on the final.

Cool. I took a CPR class once. Want to know how I would treat cancer?

Too bad, I got better shit to do with my time. And so should you.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”