Professor Review Sessions?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
LAWYER2

Professor Review Sessions?

Postby LAWYER2 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Generally, how helpful do you find them w/ respect to what will actually be on the exam?

I've had mixed results, some Prof's used the time to cover what they didn't get to in class, while others gave us exactly what we needed to know. In my property review, our Professor provided an outline that appeared to be a Godsend. I poured through it with a fine tooth comb, tailoring my outline to the points covered. However, I just so happened to look at a supplemental fold out flow chart in my property case brief book and noticed the Prof's outline came from it literally WORD FOR WORD!! I don't know if I should be excited or worried!
Last edited by LAWYER2 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kalvano

Re: Professor Review Sessions?

Postby kalvano » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm a big fan of meeting with professors. I don't know that in-class review or big review sessions help, but one-on-one meetings are very helpful, in my opinion.

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:04 pm

i always regret going to review session and yet continue to do it out of the irrational fear that they will give away major exam hints/some kind of crazy info without which I will be destined to C-s

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:05 pm

goosey wrote:i always regret going to review session and yet continue to do it out of the irrational fear that they will give away major exam hints/some kind of crazy info without which I will be destined to C-s

This. I always much prefer one on one time, although I usually end up talking about things not related to law.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:06 pm

goosey wrote:i always regret going to review session and yet continue to do it out of the irrational fear that they will give away major exam hints/some kind of crazy info without which I will be destined to C-s

I don't think they are very helpful. I think the best possible thing is to sketch out an answer to an old exam question from the professor and meet with them to go over it. They do tend to drop some pretty useful info in those kind of meetings.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:27 pm

kalvano wrote:

I don't think they are very helpful. I think the best possible thing is to sketch out an answer to an old exam question from the professor and meet with them to go over it. They do tend to drop some pretty useful info in those kind of meetings.

This. Gong over old exams seems the most helpful tactic, though our Contracts professor did a complete walkthrough of an old exam in the group session, which was very helpful. Other than that, I've found my CivPro prof just muddies things up in the review sessions.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”