Anyone going digital with their books? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
CindyG909

New

Anyone going digital with their books?

Post by CindyG909 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:47 pm

I know it's a little early to be thinking of buying books for next semester, but I was just wondering who has used ebooks for their courses and what they think about them.

I've been testing out the digital versions of casebooks by Aspen/Wolters Kluwer (--LinkRemoved--), and they seem pretty great. You can do everything you can with books -- highlight, write notes in the margin, etc. Plus, you can click a tab and see all the highlighted notes and margin notes pulled out separately. And there's a function called "Brief Builder" where you just fill into a template the facts, holding, etc., and then you can export the brief to a text file or Word doc. And, of course, the best benefit of all -- you don't have to carry that 200-pound Con Law book with you everywhere.

So, I was just wondering: Are others using digital books?

Extension_Cord

Silver

Re: Anyone going digital with their books?

Post by Extension_Cord » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:52 pm

CindyG909 wrote:I know it's a little early to be thinking of buying books for next semester, but I was just wondering who has used ebooks for their courses and what they think about them.

I've been testing out the digital versions of casebooks by Aspen/Wolters Kluwer (--LinkRemoved--), and they seem pretty great. You can do everything you can with books -- highlight, write notes in the margin, etc. Plus, you can click a tab and see all the highlighted notes and margin notes pulled out separately. And there's a function called "Brief Builder" where you just fill into a template the facts, holding, etc., and then you can export the brief to a text file or Word doc. And, of course, the best benefit of all -- you don't have to carry that 200-pound Con Law book with you everywhere.

So, I was just wondering: Are others using digital books?
Shoot, I bought all of my books three weeks ago, lol.

You have to be fast to get the good deals.

One book in particular I bought for $98 in Very Good condition (received it and its in Like New condition, to get it in that condition you have to pay $160 now. $135 for the good condition.

I think I saved atleast $100 by buying early this semester.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”