Is there any point in taking full, timed exams? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
keg411

Platinum

Re: Is there any point in taking full, timed exams?

Post by keg411 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:34 am

king3780 wrote:Cross, I can't tell from your profile, but are you currently in law school? I've not had a single professor in five semesters willing to review a practice exam. I've had a couple that were willing to look at a list of issues that were spotted and tell students what they were missing from the list. But the consensus seems to be they can barely stand reading the final exams, they sure as hell don't want to spend time reading practice exams.

ETA: One of my profs said he wasn't even going to hold office hours during the 16 days between the last day of class and the final for his class b/c "I don't like being here any more than I have to."
And yet another reason why picking Camden over Newark for 1L was the best decision I ever made :D. The info I got from my CivPro professor when I met with him to go over a PT was absolute gold. Additionally, all of my profs had office hours during reading days and almost all of them held a review session once classes were over.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:26 pm

keg411 wrote:And yet another reason why picking Camden over Newark for 1L was the best decision I ever made :D. The info I got from my CivPro professor when I met with him to go over a PT was absolute gold. Additionally, all of my profs had office hours during reading days and almost all of them held a review session once classes were over.
+1

Incredibly helpful and we've had tons of extra optional review sessions

king3780

Bronze

Post by king3780 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:03 pm

keg411 wrote:
king3780 wrote:Cross, I can't tell from your profile, but are you currently in law school? I've not had a single professor in five semesters willing to review a practice exam. I've had a couple that were willing to look at a list of issues that were spotted and tell students what they were missing from the list. But the consensus seems to be they can barely stand reading the final exams, they sure as hell don't want to spend time reading practice exams.

ETA: One of my profs said he wasn't even going to hold office hours during the 16 days between the last day of class and the final for his class b/c "I don't like being here any more than I have to."
And yet another reason why picking Camden over Newark for 1L was the best decision I ever made :D. The info I got from my CivPro professor when I met with him to go over a PT was absolute gold. Additionally, all of my profs had office hours during reading days and almost all of them held a review session once classes were over.
Haha. Touche.

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:05 pm

I took every available practice exam under timed conditions. (Generally I would take one or two, then do my outline, then take the rest, if there were enough practice exams to do it that way.) Things worked out pretty well. Who knows if taking the tests timed played a big part- I think it did, but eh.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”