Am I done for? 1L going into panic mode

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
muruwah

Am I done for? 1L going into panic mode

Postby muruwah » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Am I pretty much screwed? Here's my situation:

I have a Crim final in a week, Torts the week after and Contracts the week after that. Here's my situation

1. I haven't outlined, I didn't really find it helpful when I tried to work on it. I have been rereading old class notes, and I have some high quality outlines from A students who had the same professors last year. I have been reading and rereading their outlines and writing out by hand (and in my own words) what I consider the most important parts, I plan on typing these up.

2. I have had nearly perfect class attendance. I did the readings for every class and briefed the cases (with notes) about 95% of the time. I have actively paid attention in class and have taken notes

M question then is have I screwed myself by not outlining? Is it even worth it at this point. I've been doing practice exam questions mostly. Does anybody have an tips as far as a plan of attack (As far as supplements go I have Crunchtimes and E&E's for each subject) Any help would be great.

Bronte

Re: Am I done for? 1L going into panic mode

Postby Bronte » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:27 pm

No you haven't screwed yourself by not outlining. A lot of people don't outline. It doesn't work for everyone.

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:30 pm

enjoy getting bottom 25 percent pwned

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:43 pm

drop out now imo

edit: ugh, just saw this was your first person, felt a little bad. for realz though, you are fine. as above poster said, plenty of people don't outline and do very well. the vast majority of the time it's because they have great outlines from other students who had same professor, just like you. as long as you understand the outlines you have you should be fine. personally it helped me to do it myself because i forced myself to sort of understand concepts as i wrote them, but as long as you know what everything means you have nothing to worry about. there are plenty of ways to learn the material, outlining is just one of them. now just focus practice exams.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:17 pm

this forum really does get bad around finals time - lawl

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:30 pm

One final a week ? Are you a part-time student ?

Postby 09042014 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:51 pm

First of all. With one week between each exam you could easily outline for every class still.

Second of all, outlining isn't necessary. Some people find it a good way to learn the material, but really it doesn't matter how you learn the material. Just that you do in fact know it.

If I were you I'd keep memorizing those good outlines, and start doing practice exams ASAP.

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:48 pm

Do practice exams. Every day, all day, until the last day before the exam. That day you just kind of look over stuff, order yourself and your roommates a nice Donatos pizza around 6pm and drink yourself a high quality lager. Then go to sleep around 9-10pm. That's how you do well in law school.

ph14

Postby ph14 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:49 pm

muruwah wrote:Am I pretty much screwed? Here's my situation:

I have a Crim final in a week, Torts the week after and Contracts the week after that. Here's my situation

1. I haven't outlined, I didn't really find it helpful when I tried to work on it. I have been rereading old class notes, and I have some high quality outlines from A students who had the same professors last year. I have been reading and rereading their outlines and writing out by hand (and in my own words) what I consider the most important parts, I plan on typing these up.

2. I have had nearly perfect class attendance. I did the readings for every class and briefed the cases (with notes) about 95% of the time. I have actively paid attention in class and have taken notes

M question then is have I screwed myself by not outlining? Is it even worth it at this point. I've been doing practice exam questions mostly. Does anybody have an tips as far as a plan of attack (As far as supplements go I have Crunchtimes and E&E's for each subject) Any help would be great.

Take practice exams with the already made outlines, and mark them up as you take them and especially when you review (and consult your notes, supplements, etc.). Implement those changes in the outline.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:30 am

Yea you are screwed. you only have like 70 hours this week to study/outline.

I have 2 finals in a 3 day span and 3 MWF next week. You can manage to survive.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”