Practice Exams Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
nodummy

Bronze

Practice Exams

Post by nodummy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:24 am

First final is in about a week. Though I have looked at and outlined a few past exams, time has not permitted me to take a full practice exam. How important is this? Will outlining practice exam answers suffice? I've used most of my free time thus far outlining and trying to learn jurisdiction, takings, and products liability. At this point, should I just move on to practice exams and forget about learning more material?

lottery

New

Re: Practice Exams

Post by lottery » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:56 pm

nodummy wrote:First final is in about a week. Though I have looked at and outlined a few past exams, time has not permitted me to take a full practice exam. How important is this? Will outlining practice exam answers suffice? I've used most of my free time thus far outlining and trying to learn jurisdiction, takings, and products liability. At this point, should I just move on to practice exams and forget about learning more material?
I think you should write out at least one exam. Make sure you are ok time wise. Don't sell yourself short.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:06 pm

I personally think it's important to get a feel for how time crunched we will be come the real thing, but I don't think it is absolutely necessary.

morris248

Bronze

Post by morris248 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:33 pm

bk187 wrote:I personally think it's important to get a feel for how time crunched we will be come the real thing, but I don't think it is absolutely necessary.
I totally disagree. You need to take at least two practice exams in each subject under timed conditions. You need to get in the habit of using abbreviations as much as possible and of outlining your answer and then filling it in. Time is your enemy and you need the practice.

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:12 pm

nodummy wrote:First final is in about a week. Though I have looked at and outlined a few past exams, time has not permitted me to take a full practice exam. How important is this? Will outlining practice exam answers suffice? I've used most of my free time thus far outlining and trying to learn jurisdiction, takings, and products liability. At this point, should I just move on to practice exams and forget about learning more material?
Write out two entire practice exams. You have a week. That's soooo much time. Just do one tomorrow. Then talk that over with a smart somebody then do another exam the following day and repeat. BAM. Enjoy your A

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”